ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
The problem with ice fish is when they thaw out there is nothing left but a puddle and a few scales.
There is some real heavy weather coming tonight. I moved the tractors out of the shed and put the good pick-up in. We don't want it torn up by hail.
I thought about going down to the basement and doing some work on the Sunday Lake mine. It's so late that I may not make it. Yawn.
I'll stop in tomorrow.
Good Night All
The problem with ice fish is when they thaw out there is nothing left but a puddle and a few scales.
There is some real heavy weather coming tonight. I moved the tractors out of the shed and put the good pick-up in. We don't want it torn up by hail.
I thought about going down to the basement and doing some work on the Sunday Lake mine. It's so late that I may not make it. Yawn.
I'll stop in tomorrow.
Good Night All
Been watching those storms build up out there. Looks like most of eastern Texas, Louisiana, and southern Arkansas are gonna be in for it tonight and part of tomorrow. Paul & Jeff, don't know what part of TX & LA you both live in but with reports of 3 tornadoes out there already, yall be careful.
What am I doing here so early in the morning you ask...
Well I'm at the place where I have to go most days, you know the W... place. I'm trying Texas Paul... Anyway I'll be dropping in very sparodically in the next little while, 'puter has decided to take a vacation and will be going in to the shop in the next while for hardware fault repairs. If you have me on your e-mail list please do not sent any as I suspended my internet account until FRED is fixed.
Morning all Carey the link was from Ken M twas a good un
Well the big news today was a virgin Pendolino train crashed at 95 mph near here, one dead and 22 injured including the driver / engineer who stayed at the controls trying everything to stop the train as it de railed half a mile before going down a bank at speed, My wife was in charge of the medical assesment ward and had to clear it pronto to accept casualties, a very busy night for her. The almost new train derailed on faulty turnouts, one thing which stands out is the strength of the train which is virtually undamaged except for a few dented panels and damaged underframes and running gear, almost all the windows are intact preventing anyone from being thrown out
Talking trains we went to Preston to see a steam special, lucky for them they are taking a different route to Carlisle avoiding the closed section of track
Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/24/2007
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23
Wind Chill: 65°F Humidity: 89% Dew Point: 63°F
So Far Today High: 66°F Low: 63°F Rain: 0.02" Rain Rate: 0.00"/h Gust: 25mph S
High: 71 °F
Low: 47 °F
Important Message
Lake wind advisory in effect until 5 PM cst this afternoon.
Today High:75Showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may be severe. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds increasing to 20 to 30 mph.Chance of precipitation 80 percent.
Tonight Low: 45Partly cloudy. A30 percent chance of showers and thunderstormsin the evening. Cooler. Lows in the mid 40s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.
Good Morning All!
Not much to report from the land of Buckeyes except its a day closer to Spring.
I finish a project yesterday and am now down to 5!I plan on doing the smallest of the 5 today.I can honestly say this is the lowest my projects has been in quite some time.
Of course looking over my parts,paint etc on hand I see I am getting low on KD couplers,gray paint and grimy black..
Well I shall have a cup and look over the forum..
Have a nice day all!
Mornin', Luc! Hope you will be back in here soon...
Mornin', Jeffrey! That's what I plan to have tomorrow for breakfast. Just the old phart special high fiber sawdust for me Flo and keep the coffee coming.
Wow!Steve, that was some accident! A miracle that only one person died in that pile up.
Hi All ! Steve that was quite an accident indeed probably could have been worse if not for the engineer and the well built cars. I can imagine how busy the wife waas ! jeffery I'll have a nice breakfast tomorrow like Ray , today is cream of wheat. Carey you ice fish by going out onto the ice , cutting a hole in it drop your line in and fish Somtimes it get a little hairy when the ice cracks. and is a bit thin ! THey have to rescue the idiots that get to far out and the flow breaks off ! Were expecting the remnantsof that storm tomorrow night can hardly wait for it ! Well you all have a nice satirday !!
The storm was a didn't happen thing. We got a smatering of rain and that's about it. Right now there is a dust storm going on. The sky is tan and the wind is really kicking up. I need to get back to the shop and get to work on the track panels. See you all later.
Carey you ice fish by going out onto the ice , cutting a hole in it drop your line in and fish Somtimes it get a little hairy when the ice cracks. and is a bit thin ! THey have to rescue the idiots that get to far out and the flow breaks off !
Yep and around these parts we don't use none of them wimpy little sheds like they had in the movie "Grumpy Old Men" on lake Wobeshaw (sp?). BTW when I grow up I want to just like Burgess Meridith in that movie series....
The storm was a didn't happen thing. We got a smatering of rain and that's about it. Right now there is a dust storm going on. The sky is tan and the wind is really kicking up. I need to get back to the shop and get to work on the track panels. See you all later.
Glad to here yall missed the bad storms there Paul. I do know about that dust storm. Attached is a picture that one of our local Mets posted on their weather blog. The dust is circled in color.
Ray;
After hearing the stories Garrison Keillor (sp?) tells of ice fishin' on Lake Woebegone on PHC, with my luck I'd be taken out there in that Winnebago that got trapped on the ice! One of my favorite stories!
Well we're under tornado watch until 3AM. Gonna go back to weather watchin'.
I guess that I need a cup of coffee. Looks like I will be up awhile watching this storm come through. Right now, it is starting to rain with heavy lightning in the West. The main wall of the storm is probably another 45 minutes away with tornado warnings moving right along with it. We have had very high winds today already and a little while ago broke a large tree limb that hit the top of the house. Won't know until tomorrow if it damaged anything, but it scared the "H" out of me . BOOM ! Oh well, part of living in Bama country.
Just got our thunderstorm warning. Hope that's all.
Carey, I will be sending the storm up to your place in about 1 hour .
I thought dust storms were something only the Arab's got in the middle east, now i know different, no come to think about it i saw one on TV a while back, motorist were driving along as normal, next thing zero visibillity crash bang wollop, a whole heap of tangled auto's.