Coffee Shop Part IV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick note also . has anyone seen Flags Of Our Fathers yet ?

Yes, I have seen it. The story is well done, but it is the same story done many times before of those that posed for the flag raising at Iwo Jima and their struggle to cope with the notoriety. Not knowing anything about the movie in advance, other than the hype, I expected an accurate accounting of the battle of Iwo, instead. I would still recommend it.

Good Morning all! My goodness the coffee shop sure looks good after the remodeling...even Flo looks spiffy in her new starched waitress dress:pgasp!:p .

:eek: Darn KenL! I know your daughter's accident scared the H out of you. Glad she had the smarts to wear her seatbelt. Sounds like the driver needs a class in Drivers Ed. Yeah, our Spring weather beginning in late February is a mix of beauty and the beast, but most of us in the South are uncomfortably use to it. Everything looks great until this weekend and then the Midwest and the Southeast could get some troubling weather.

Paul B.: What does the Jordan Steam Shovel look like? I would like to have a shovel for my coal mine operation, but haven't found anything other than Euro styled or modern.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
afternoon all,

Nice day for a Steak i think.

Well todays fun and games entailed talking a suicidal workfriend out of doing something bad to himself, poor guy's had a bad time with the wife, i think i did a good job of making him feel better about it as tonight he thanked me for what i said, let's hope he stay's on the right track.
 
Hi All ! Steve that is a bummer about your friend , Women can be a mindful at times. just got home from Ash Weds. Service at my church , They put ashes on your forhead at tell you from ashes you came and to ashes you will return. After that went to a local Greek Restuarant for fish dinner and it was pretty good. What I mean anout the Flags Movie is to check out the train scenes. Some old classics there! . Well gonna get going so evryone have a nice rest of the day !
 


Paul: Oops! I re-read and now understand what you wrote. Sorry and those train station shots were good...so were those beautiful vintage cars.;) :)
 
Hi Gang:
The Jordan shovel is a small Erie shovel I'd say about a 1/4 to 1/2 yard dipper. I'm going to use it some where but it's way too small for a open pit mine operation. Check the Walthers catalogue for a picture.
It's time for bed here.
Good Night All
 
Uh oh, my sister just accidentally funded some new trains! She brought me a box from her Garage with 22+ Lego fire engines, an SD70M & AC6000CW, all built by me. Going to dump them all on eBay and see if I can;t get my Tower 55 ES44DC H3! Plus there's a box full of other stuff.
 
Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


02-22-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Good Morning all ! We had a very nice wet snowfall this morning lasted about an hour just enough to make it sloppy outside. Josh will look for your eaby items keep us posted . Well going to get some work done . All have a nice day !
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Nick!

I am sitting here waiting for an 18 wheeler to arrive today with my latest addition to the train room...............:eek: :)
 


afternoon Paul, Rex, Ray, Nick.
boring day at work and the same old rainy days, i want a change,,,, funny enough i will get a change next week,,, it's presentation time. I only have an audiance of 160 which should be a laugh.
 
Wow sounds like a heck of an addition to the room if you need a semi for it. :eek:

Yes Ray, enquiring minds want to know...?

Steve that story about your depressed friend at work seems hauntingly familiar - hope this one ends better than it did with the other guy!:eek:

'Putor troubles abound: On my home system, the external hard disk stopped working and I thought I'd lost ~20GB of accumulated personal data. False alarm, it worked fine when I plugged it into my laptop. Then I discovered [on my home 'putor] that 3 of the 8 USB ports were failing. At this point I applied the standard Microsoft remedy: a "cold" re-boot. Everything appeared to be working again after that. Sarah's gonna be mad at me though, she keeps an AIM "away" message up 24x7 for her pals...:rolleyes:
 
Hey Ken,

I was about to post a "what-ever-happened-to-uh-whatshisname?" post.

So it was computer gremlins. Nastly little suckers.
 
Well it arrived. Unfortunately FexEx had some gorillas stomp on it and I had to send the guy back with a damage report. But..... I kept it until they decide what to do. What is it? I will post a photo when it is assembled. I will say this, I got "it" for about $75 less than what MicroMark sells them for. Hint, Mouse wanted one some time ago........... "It" will help me with scenery on the layout. Weighs in at 50 lbs. so it had to be shipped freight. Nothing like having a 48' tractor trailer pulling onto the street to unload the box..... He, he.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Hmmmm! Wasn't that a table saw Mouse?

Unbelievable, but beautiful 75 degs in Bama country. I have been trying to get all the outdoor stuff done that I have been putting off during the colder days. Also, getting my bass boat back in condition...plan on going out with it in a few weeks.

Started last night on adding a small extension for the town of Newton (short for new town:D ). I had to reduce the width in one area to accommodate a wide enough aisle. Hopefully, I have enough turnouts/track on hand that I won't have to order much for it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top