Coffee Shop Part III

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Nick. So today is Friday. Already? Wow, time goes fast when you are retired.


The reason the pictures can't be viewed from other sites is that I have to pay for bandwidth any time the photos are viewed, whether they're on this site or somebody elses. Previously I had problems with folks uploading stuff here, and then posting it on other forums.

In any case, I'm not asking anyone to put all of their photos here, and there are no rules saying you can't post photos that have been posted elsewhere.

So your idea of posting some of your best stuff here sounds great.

Bob, That sounds very reasonable. At my other photo site, I bought the bandwidth so the kids from camp didn't have to see, should I say, "inappropriate" banner ads when they went to the site. I appreciate how this site site runs and is moderated. When I get a chance I will go through my collection and upload my better (don't have any of those "best" types) photos to the gallery.
 
Congrats to Paul on his first anniversary of being a retiree. It has been 7 years, 4 months, 8 days and 13 hours for me and I have never looked back at what if's.
 


Man I still have a long ways to go to being retired, I just graduated from college last May.

After I had been retired for several months, an old retired friend of mine called to say hi. He said, "what day is it?" I said I didn't know. He said, "Yep, you're retired!":rolleyes: :D I am on my seventh year of retirement. Managed to get out when NYS had a buyout of us old teachers (Who obviously don't know anything and are way overpaid). My school bought in so the Stupidintendant could retire early (and become something called a "consultant" - If you can't be part of the solution, there is lots of money to be made being part of the problem!). I figured out that if I stayed until I could retire at the age of 55, I would actually lose money. I was joyously retired at the age of 53....:D :D :D
 
Afternoon all,

I'm VERY VERY glad it's friday what a week,
Todays little job was to fit a thermostat in the car and clean out all the breather pipe's as well, what a nightmare job that was, every one was full of snotty globs of stuff, the car run's ten times better now and the heater actually works. We got no snow this week, it's not fair, everyone else got plenty. Nan's having a CT brain scan as i right this, hope it's good news,,,

Got to dash, roast chicken, potatoes and other goodies are ready,,

later
 
Hi All, snow to the North of me , snow to the South of me. but no snow here. Our forefathers had the foresight to place our city inbetween the two Great Lakes so the wind really has to be in the right direction for us to get hit. We have a westerly pervailing wind so it never really hits us. The only thing we get is wind. but I sure would hate to live an the East end of Lake Ontario . Our governor just declared a sisater area in that part on the state, They have over 7 feet of snow and two more perdicted. this happens vevery year to these poor fellows because the lake is so deep that it never freezes. So it's just one big snow machine. last night it was so windy that it knocked my downspot off it's braces and was dangling in the wind .So out came the ladder and here I'm up 18 feet in 3o mile and hour winds trying to scure it back down. Then I just get it done and who pulls in the driveway ,but my son who could have went up there. Murphy's law. stirkes again. ANyhow you all have a real nice day and all you in the Continetal United States try to stay warm !!!
 
Hi All: Well it's another Saturday for me. Six saturdays and one Sunday isn't too bad. Larry, thanks for the congrats.
I've got to get to bed. I have alot of gooffing off to do tomorrow.
Good Night All.
 


Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/10/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 32°F
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 31°F

So Far Today
High: 37°F
Low: 37°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph NNE

High: 55 °F
Low: 36 °F

Today High: 52 Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 50s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 35 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. Light and variable winds.

Bacon and eggs today.

bacon.jpg
 
Morning Jeffery

Sunny and WET here, very windy last night so i got to get out and retreive my rubbish off the street, when it stops raining that is. I set up Mett's train set he got for his birthday, it's a mehano European something or other, not sure what the engine is but it's got burlington, santa fe and European trucks with it, very prototypical,,,not, but they love it all the same.
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

According to CNN, snowfall in Orwell, NY since Feb 3 has unofficially totaled 123". Anyone for snowshoeing to town? A sunny 19° here in the Finger Lakes region of NY this morning. Think I may take the day off from business stuff (finally got a CD I've been working on ready to burn and get out to customers) and work on the layout.
 
Mornin' everyone...

Just a quick note of thanks to all of you who have recently uploaded new images to the photo gallery. It definitely has been a lot busier the last few days and I appreciate everyone taking the time to upload photos.

The gallery can be a useful resource for modelers with your help.
 
Afternoon All Form Sunny Buffalo ! Hey Ray we got you beat were up to drum roll 21 degrees here. Think I'll get the sunblock and go out for a tan !!! . Oh well its all in fun. But I know what 9 feet of snow will do to some roofs , they just can't take that load. Well you all have a wonderful Saturday I'm going to see if I can get some train work done , take care all !!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
POST #999.....

hmm hope ya'll are a good weekend. I received some of my E-bay stuff today...

Got me a used, detailed and weathered GP38-2 UP loco. It is purty good!
I will be taking it to my backshop for and overhaul on the drivetrain and add a few more details. I will have to get another order out on decoders again.

I also got me 2 more pulpwood cars both SP 40 footers and 1 WP bulk head flat.

Also found on ebay from one guy a bunch of coal & iron ore loads for chump change!:D Enough for 24 coal and 36 ore cars! 18 bucks!:D

I am waiting on a few more items...

Oh by the way gang....

Those of you that live in Florida and in the Tampa Bay area there is a Train Show at the Manatee County Civic Center on Feb 24th & 25th.
 


Hi Gang:
Josh. I haven't been bored yet. There is so much that needs doing that I have a hard time figuring out what to do first. Should I clean out the coral or take a nape first. Desicions all the time.
Right now I think I'll hit the sack.
Good Night All
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top