Coffee Shop Part III

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Hi All ! GatorDave and Ray sorry to hear about your losses .My theLord grant you family peace at this time. Steve sorry aboutNicky's Nan MyGrandmotherfell iater years and broke her hip all she wanted to do was go home after .It took the life out of her when she realized she couldn't take care of herself afterwsrds . hopefully your nan will rcover her health. Boy it is sure cold out here Temps hovering in the low didgits with a mighty wind chill. Then my daughters car is having trouble starting Just what I needed wo be out in the cold fulling around with a battery. Well looked in the trunk and found out that soemone did not have the positive clamped down right. that's what you get when you send your car to a dealer. Oh by the way it's a Saturn Ion so the battery is located in the trunk. Tomorrow off to the Hospital again for a bone density. that's what I do for a living a professional patient .Lots of fun. Well enough typing you all have a nice warm day !!!!!
 
Hi gang

Ray, condolences to your sister on her loss

Buffalo Paul, I'll be a "professional patient" myself the next two days, I'm going thru a screening procedure for a certain type of cancer...:rolleyes:

Jeff, hope the kidney tests are negative.

It's bitter cold in these parts too, definitely MRR weather :D
 
Evening Gang:
Ken: What's up with you there. Keep us informed.
Condolances to Steve and Ray. Prayers for the familys.
The first day of real retirement went well. We had to get up earlybecause Mary Ann had an appointment with her doctor for a check up. I used the early wake up to call my former boss and tell him I wasn't coming in because I had a bad case of retirement. I can't repeat what he told me.
I'm going to head for bed. Take care everyone and I'll see you all later.
Good Night All
 


Texas Paul I'd be real careful about talking to ex-bosses in your situation, they have an insideous way of luring people back as....Consultants! :eek: BTW the procedure I'll be going thru on Wednesday is standard for us guys over 50. Nothing to be alarmed about, just a major pain in th...uh.. never mind...!
 
Ken L, ah yes. Had that one last year. They wouldn't even let me go out to breakfast after the procedure, but they would let my son stop and buy a half dozen donuts to go with the coffee I made as soon as I got home....... Go figure? They didn't even let me work on any hobby related stuff either. Didn't think that playing with a #11 exacto knife was a good idea after the stuff they give you. Basically a very boring day all told. Have fun!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Paul, that is genius sir! I laughed so hard my sides hurt. Worst us retired teachers do around here is show up on the first day of school sit out on the lawn in lawn chairs and grin at the teachers back for training that day. Have a few snacks and some good conversation, go home and thank the Lord that we made it to retirement!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
"Worst us retired teachers do around here is show up on the first day of school sit out on the lawn in lawn chairs and grin at the teachers back for training that day."
Now Ray that is cruel and inhuman punishment.
 
Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


02-06-07

:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today, I'll be converting another Proto 2000 to DCC. An E8. It will bee repainted as well.
It's in Southern Pacific livery right now, but will soon be KCS.
It'll look like this when I finish with it.

Know what the fun will be? It ain't DCC ready. It'll have to be hard wired.

e8white.jpg


Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/6/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 36°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 34°F

So Far Today
High: 43°F
Low: 35°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

High: 67 °F
Low: 36 °F

Today High: 68 Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s. South winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 48 Increasing clouds. Not as cool. Lows in the upper 40s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Today I'll have eggs Benedict.
eggsben.jpg
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

It's all of 9°F here in the Finger Lakes and will be going up to a seasonable 14°F later today. All the area Schools have wimped out and closed for the last two days due to wind chill (right now -8). Hey, this is great Winter Camping weather! (If you are prepared.) I'm just keeping the wood stove cranking and working on some business projects that need to get done. Not much time again today for the layout I'm afraid.
 
Hi All ! It's a bit cold outside they just lifted a windchill warning at 10 this morning so now I can go out and get my garbage can and recycle bin. My morning exercise. Then off to the hospital for a bone density test. Tx Paul how is your second day of retirement going ? . Ray I camped out in winter before. we use to make a big iglo in my friend's backyard when we were kids. Lay a florr of straw and it was quite warm and toasty in there. well got to run so everyone have a real nice day !!!!
 


I posted this elsewhere but since a lot of folks hang out in this topic, I thought I'd also mention it here...

Yesterday I fixed a bug that was causing upload issues in the photo gallery and I have to admit, when I looked at the gallery I was amazed at just how little use it's getting. There just aren't a lot of photos there yet. I'd really encourage you to start using the gallery and uploading your photos. I think it would be a wonderful resource if we can get some worthwhile photos uploaded.

Also, if you're not using the gallery, and there's a reason why you don't, please let me know. If there is some bug that's not allowing you to upload photos or something else isn't working, please speak up and let me know!
 
Hello everyone,
Ken i have a spare tire innertube in the garage, they are very comfy to sit on after the , Erm, i won't go there,,,:o

Bob i must try and upload some pictures to the gallery, i am guilty of flicking through to the forum sometimes, i need to slow down ;)
 
I posted this elsewhere but since a lot of folks hang out in this topic, I thought I'd also mention it here...

Yesterday I fixed a bug that was causing upload issues in the photo gallery and I have to admit, when I looked at the gallery I was amazed at just how little use it's getting. There just aren't a lot of photos there yet. I'd really encourage you to start using the gallery and uploading your photos. I think it would be a wonderful resource if we can get some worthwhile photos uploaded.

Also, if you're not using the gallery, and there's a reason why you don't, please let me know. If there is some bug that's not allowing you to upload photos or something else isn't working, please speak up and let me know!

Bob;
The only reason I haven't been using it more than I have is I never thought about it. Glad you reminded me. I think I'll start loading some soon.:D


Gimme a big cup o' hot chocolate there Flo.

Having a "bad" week so far. Got new lenses for my glasses yesterday, and its a pain trying to get use to them. Rt now everything appears to be slanted to the rt. I also had one of my immuno treatments today. I'm glad I take them because they help keep my from getting sick, but for a few days afterwards, I feel like I've been beat with a baseball bat. Some months this lasts for only a couple of hours and some months it lasts for days!:( Thnk goodness for strong pain meds!:rolleyes:

Rex and I are gonna be gettin' together at his place tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it. His RailOp program sure is a pleasure to work with, and I am really looking forward to a day of relaxation:D, BS'in:rolleyes:, and coffee drinkin':p.
 
KenL: Oh, OK we won't go there but I feel for ya.
Last Friday I punched out, went out to the truck and rolled down all the windows. I turned on the CD and as I left I played, as loud as it would, the Guadalcanal March from Victory At Sea.
Ray that is really cold. I might have to do that. No it's a 45 mile drive to the park.
Mary Ann and I had a great day. She had an appointment with here doctor in Ft. Worth. After that we just headed off on a little trip. We drove down to Granbury to hit the anitque stores. Just great fun.
Well it's bed time so I'll say Good Night.
 
Jeffery 66 sounds like a tropical heat wave to me. Our hi here in Central Indiana the last few days has been in the low teens. Wind chill from -4 to -17 and yesterday 5.5" of that nasty white powered rain. I started to plow the driveway and the blade on the tractor would not lift. Like a moron I turned off the tractor to check it out and the darn thing would not restart. I think the battery terminal needs cleaning. Another job for this morning then back to plowing that ole nasty snow.
 
Morning from Oklahoma, yesterday it got into the low 70s today expecting freezing rain and temps in the high 20s. That's oklahoma for ya, still waiting on my DCC controller to be shipped to me and a nice warm weekend day so I can start getting the garage cleaned for the track.
 
Good morning. Work continues on the E8. Today I'll be doing the trimwork, decal work and detailing.
Today's Weather for:

Leesville, LA 71446 2/7/2007

Wind Chill: 48°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 47°F

So Far Today
High: 52°F
Low: 46°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph SSW

Low: 45 °F

Now through 09:00 AM CST February 07, 2007

High: 72

Through 9 AM...areas of dense fog will continue to form across inland southeast Texas...western and southwestern Louisiana. Visibilities will drop greatly to less than a quarter of a mile over a short distance...making driving conditions hazardous this morning. The areas of fog will be lifting between 8 and 9 AM.

High: 72

Partly sunny. Areas of fog in the morning. Highs in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 48 Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the upper 40s. Light and variable winds.

I'll have the ham and eggs today.

HAMEGGS.jpg
 


Afternoon all from freezing Blighty, it's only going down to -10 tonight,, not as cold as Wisconsin and Minnesota etc, Brrrr it look's very cold there.
I have walked right into the hot seat at work,,, somehow i have landed the role of presentation speaker at EVERY monthly meeting in the PDC, great, i have to come up with a powerpoint presentation to do with Health and Safety in the workplace,,,, starting next week WOW, i got some ideas and one done, oh well.

Now then who was it did a FANTASTIC presentation about a railroad, he could help, was it the IRON something;) ;) ;) only kidding Ken:p i have some great idea's, just not the time to do em
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top