Coffee Shop Part III

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Ken That picture is fantastic, it's easy to forget it was June, our June is nice and warm up top, our friend in Auckland sent some pictures of Santa in blazing sunshine, i bet he was melting, poor guy

RT thats a nice loco you got there
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' all! High 40s and sunny here in the Finger Lakes after a half inch of rain last night. Got to get busy cleaning the house, finish making some presents for family, and maybe work on the Layout. Got about 10 more torti to wire and install and I will be running trains!
 
Mornin Ya'll!!

Low 40's here and I gotta run up into Ohio to find a decent hobby shop. GRRR On the saturday BEFORE Xmas no less... double Grrrr
 


Hey fellas!! Well were back to a summer Xmas, yippee I get to mow the lawn and drink some cold ones;) . And tomorrow (chrissy day) we get to run on the lawn and play with the kids and drink some cold ones!!:D

We have guests arriving today for one night, then a family tomorrow night for a week, then some folks from the UK for nearly a month, so it's all busy in the apartment, $$$$$$$$$$:cool: (mrr money:confused: , no got to pay some bills:eek: )

Ken.

Have a great xmas eve, eve.
 
By the way it has magnatraction Its one powerful engine I remember with my old one my neighbor and I made a straight away in the hall of my parents house with track (we were about 13) and It seems we got her to pull (on level ground mind you) somethin like 43 cars she was slipping a little but she was moving them and that was befor Lionel came out with the needle point axle's it was the harder wheels to turn.

Well now to find someone that has the blue paint I need to match the rest of the engine . Yeah right thats going to be fun . well talk to you all later
 
We had Christmas with our girls and thier families today. They loved the toy boxes I made for the grandkids. We had really good food and enjoyed the Christmas celebration more than I have in many years. The girls got together and gave my wife and I a couple of passes to a dinner theatre on the north west side of INDY good until 11/16/07. My inlaws purchased me a poster form the Indiana Railroad (INRD) celebrating thier anniversary. A very nice poster that I relly wanted. That is the only train related item I received this year. A very very good day indeed.
 
well we are all set for some summer fun, I've got the pool set up and everything!!

Ken.

left to right: Sheldon (Jess's boyfriend) Me, Brigette, Jess (my step daughter)
 
Well it a strong one tonight as it's been a long day but a good one to boot. Dad has been home three days now and is slowly recovering but has a long way to go. He came home at 130lbs but I have managed to get some weigh back onto him already.

Christmas shopping is complete so the rest is gravy!

And work on the MESS has once again begun. The house was declared weather tight today but is still 6-8 weeks away from being finished.

Its all fun, fun and fun

Later All

Fergie
 


Hi all, Just got back from a family outing at a church hall, We use to have it at my mother-in-laws but the family outgrew her place so we moved it. It was good to be with family after all we went through this year ! Ken , I feel sorry for you sweating after cutting the grass and jumping in the pool. You ahve a real nice Christmas Celebration down under ! Hope everyone on this side of the Equater is having a nice Christmas also , We're not too bad in the Forties and it stopped raining. Looks like a green Christams in Buffalo, But swnow is forecast for a bit later in the week. Well everyone hope you all get what you are hoping for this Holiday Season, Bye And have a Nice night !!
 
RT, that was great! Thank you.

Looks like we got a bunch of rain coming in tomorrow and through Christmas day. They said there is a chance of flurries (yeah, right!:rolleyes: Maybe up in North Alabama). This stuff is all going up to the Northeast, so you guys may have a white day-after-Christmas:eek: .

NZKen: Thanks for the snowy card. Was it taken in June-July? That is soooo backwards:confused: :D :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
NZKen: Thanks for the snowy card. Was it taken in June-July? That is soooo backwards:confused: :D :D


Oh great it made it on time, I posted last Saturday!! Yup our place last June, not nearly as much as North USA gets but still really nice.

Ken.
 
Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


12-24-06

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png


merxmas.png
 
Good Morning All

Well it rained and poured and rained some more last night and now the sun is shining! And no water inside the house to boot!

Anyway I scanned the CS this morning and realized how negligent I've been as I've missed births and Birthdays and new patrons. Sorry but my heart hasn't been in it guys as the last 4 months have been rather trying an I fear it isn't over yet. Saying that it is far better than the original prognosis. Completion date for the new addiion will be some time in February and that is allowing for minor hiccups. The contractor had fired his partner/carpenter prior to the start of this project and the new carpenter soon to be fired carpenter was very good... when he was here. I've had my hand in the building at arms length just to ensure we didn't get soaked. A good thing too as when the tarps went up they forgot the eaves trophing down spouts were still leading inside the new addition, which was above the family room. This was changed ver quickly when I mentioned it to the contractor. Yah it's been a good thing I've been off or it could have been "Abandon Ship" with a loss of all hard wood flooring Additionally the Roundhouse/yard/maintenance facility in the basement could have been affected.

As for the MR'ng very little has transpired as my mind just couldn't get into it, Though the MESS has aquired two additional Atlantic Dominion (CPR subsidiary) Budd Cars. As for the arrival of the two additional 5 axle C-liners I haven't got a clue where they came from. Though they do look very hansome in their CN olive green/black/yellow livery.

Hopefully now that Dad is home I'll get the feel for it again but my time will be limited as Dad is a full time labour of love. He is very weak and feable then again he lost 50+ lbs.

Carey: I guess I must have impressed the nurses as several of them suggested that I take up nursing as a career as I seemed to have an aptitude for it. Then again I also found my Rescue Specialist training kicked in and picked up a lot of additional bits of patient care while visiting Dad.

Anyway that's my lot for the day as the two young'ns are eyeing the pewter and giving me the evil eye!

Later All and A Very Merry Christmas to you and Yours!

Regards

Fergie

Ken: can you send me your new Skype Number
 
Good Morning All

Carey: I guess I must have impressed the nurses as several of them suggested that I take up nursing as a career as I seemed to have an aptitude for it. Then again I also found my Rescue Specialist training kicked in and picked up a lot of additional bits of patient care while visiting Dad.

Fergie;

I understand what you mean. It is a career that it greatly helps to have an aptitude and attitude for. It really is not an easy job! At times, its loaded with extreme heartache, and others times, extreme joy! For folks in the military, it could be a great second career. There currently is a bad nursing shortage and it is predicted to get worse. Even here in Birmingham, with one of the top ten hospitals in the US, the recruitment level for nurses is so low that several of the hospitals are offering sign on bonuses of 5 figures, and salaries that are near what I retired at after 30years. :eek: Wish I was just starting instead of retired.;):rolleyes:

Well anyway, its good to hear that your Dad is doing much better. So I say to you, :D Merry Christmas to you and yours!:D And may Santa leave a lot of trains under the tree!:D
 
Afternoon everyone,

Fergie great to hear from you and i'm very happy to hear your dad's on the mend, it's a good job you spotted the downspout issue, what a mess you would have had if you hadn't spotted it.

Well it's dawn in NZ Ken, you should be up by now i recon, did santa bring you anything nice ??
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon everyone. I hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas Eve!

Fergie, its good to hear from you. I am glad your Dad is doing better and has been able to come home. I will pray for his continued recovery. Glad the ship..... er, uh .... House didn't sink with the rising waters!:eek: ;) :D

Jolly.png
 


Same.. and a beautiful day here, Santa was good to us all so far, new temperature controlled soldering iron for me:D

BBQ soon for brunch with alittle bubbly booze.

Catch ya'll later, Ken.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top