Coffee Shop Part III

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


evening all,
first day back after three weeks off today, not to bad realy, it's slowing down for christmas now

It's our Gemma's 3rd birthday on wednesday, she's very excited all ready.

Ken have a great time off work

hope the missing railfan turn's up safe and well, it's horrible for the familly when this happens.
 
Hi everyone! All is well here in T-town with people going nuts shopping and all. I try to stay away from the busy areas and avoid those with nothing but shopping on their minds.

Spent the last two days inventorying my rolling-stock, locos, and etc. I decided on RailOps for my Operations software and it should be in this week. It will be nice to print out a switch list, even when it is just for me to operate with--its perfect for Op sessions with friends. I will now have more of a challenge following a list instead of just picking cars for pickup or delivery by eyeball.

Have a good evening!:)
 
Evening all. I hope everyone is doing okay. Well,after a close call with High Blood pressure,which is under control,I can say,that I feel great.I have even lost fifteen pounds of weight.:D :D .Yay.Also,I am on a diet,but a good one.Rex,on Sunday,I went by Oak Mountain Hobby,and bought on of the Walther's Modular kits. Have'nt built it yet,but soon will. The hobbyshop was open on Sunday for the holiday. The only thing I need for Christmas,is more MONEY,to buy more trains.:rolleyes:. Can't ever have enough,or can you? I wonder.;) . Oh well,I gotta go get a walk in,before it gets to late,so,I'll check in later.Y'all have a nice night.William.
 


Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


12-19-06

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
cleaning up

Good afternoon All,

Is everybody cleaning up their gardens before Father Christmas arrives?:eek: Or is it just because the- NO FLY- zone had to be smaller so that the joly good Father Christmas with his sleigh can approach your house safely without the possible danger of getting stucked in the branches of the trees and shrubs:p ...HOW, HOW, HOW.....AAAAUICH!!those bl****(pieeeeeep) twigs and branches......

Jos;)
 
Afternoon good people,
hope your all well,
Rex that's a job i have to do yet, i have everything i own memorised in my head but it will be better on the PC, switch list's would help my fun and games, at present i just push and pull car's at random sort of, good fun but it get's to easy
 
Hi all , Steve Happy Birthday to you daughter and many many more ! Hope all is well with everyone else. I just spent an hour on the phone with Medicare and its the same old govermental runaround. Boy I hate trying to get things done with them. See you fellows later !!!
 
Paul Take it easy Paul

For those who don't know, a brand new Steam loco is under construction in the UK, it's a 4-6-2 pacific "A1" class called TORNADOand will be the 50th of it's class built, in the days of steam they built 49, the 50th was never built,,, untill now that is, EVERY part will be brand new so it will be classed as brand new rolling stock and will be free from the rules that older heritage steam loco's have to abide by such as speed limit's of 75mph, Tornado will be free to travel at line speed so it will fit in with fast paced passenger train timings. ONLY £126,000 WILL get this locomotive onto the main line by 2008:D
for more info on this very exciting project go to
http://www.a1steam.com/mainmenu.html
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hope I did not missed important things
Jos, glad your kids are recovered. But I'm afraid you missed a lively discussion about...(drumroll, please....)...TREES!:D (the 1:1 scale variety that I'm exterminating from my front yard)

Steve - a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Gemma from me! Exciting news about that A1, sure would love to see something like that being built this side of the pond.

William sorry to hear about the BP, my doc has me taking 3 different meds for it and it's still too high.

Rex - With your layout and that new ops software, it appears that your'e well on your way to becoming the "Jim Brewer Of The South":D

Well, not me - at least not for another few years. I just learned that my oldest daughter will NOT be getting a scholarship we'd been counting on - because the organization that administers it raised the GPA/SAT threshold so Sarah missed it by 32 points (short of 2500)!:mad: Since I now am faced with finding another $9000 for her tuition, it looks like my DCC plans are going on hold...
 


Rexhea~
What did you use for inventory? Shenware (Mitrains)?
Just a sharpened pencil and paper and a search dog.:D When the software arrives (hopefully tomorrow), I will start entering the list with descriptions and numbers into it. The RailOp software database has a section for the inventory, complete with custom printouts.

Steve: Yeah, you need to go ahead and get your inventory list going before your stock gets very large. I don't have but around 100 pieces of rolling stock plus a dozen in kits, 19 locos, 3 passenger trains, and a handful of cabooses, so it wasn't too bad. This time next year would be even worse and etc. Steve, one thing that many aren't aware of is you can accommodate loop running for operations with software by simply changing the name of the start/finish point when you complete the loop, i.e. Start at Chicago--Finish at B'ham which is the same place on your layout. Also to note is the switchlist are randomly generated, so you never have the same one twice on that route and all car locations are tracked so it always knows where everything is and what the status of the car/loco is: siding, yard, industry, service, ready for pickup, dropoff, return, out of service, etc. (many other varibles)

That is good news about the Tornado. Like to see that happen here.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEMMA!

KenL: Haha! Well, I don't know, but ...ain't it fun!:D The problem with an interest in Operations is you see all the missing links in your layout. That was the main reason for the addition of the new extension and adding additional sidings and industries. Since I will have two-way traffic on some rails, I also had to install some more passing sidings. Don't tell the wifey, but yesterday I saw an area where another small peninsula could go by only making a few minor changes. This would add another point on the layout and probably get me into BIG trouble:eek: :D . Gads, is there an end to this. Fellows, I need help bad. Is there a treatment center for this addiction? Model Railroaders Anonymous?
 
Steve happy birthday to Gemma from us too.

Rex sounds like a lot of fun with your new software, can you programme in Christchurch as a destination? I'll load some freight for you.

Crikey look at the time!! 12.15am here, I'm awake because I've been offered a job, well sort of, a contract with Coke a Cola, servicing their vending machines.

Work for myself get really good money + bonuses.

Down side, buy a van to work out of, on call 24/7. About 8.5 jobs per day average.

A sleepless night ahead!!

Ken.
 
Steve B :Happy birthday to your daughter Gemma!

Finaly the flu did nocked me down too...so the children can look after me now hummmm hope it is gone before Chtistmas
Iam to dissy to write now so have a nice day everyone,

Jos
 
Ouch! Jos, I hope you get over it soon. That stuff is miserable.

NZKen: Hmmmm! That does sound tempting, but the 24/7 :eek: Since you will be on your own, what about benefits: vacation, time off, retirement, medical? Does the NZ gov take care of the retirement and medical?
 
evening all,
Thanks for the happy birthday wishes for Gemma

Ken L if your happy with DC i'm happy to
Ken Mthe job sounds like it could run you off your feet
Jos hope you are better for christmas,,, you don't want to give Santa Flu bet he'd like Santa Fe better
Rex now that IS a clever system, Mmmm and i have a spare PC

gemma is three today, she's thrilled to bit's about it
PC200013.jpg
 
Afternoon everyone! I been very busy getting the sound system running right for tonights concert at the Middle School.

Steve, hope Gemma had a great B-Day. Did she get to run trains? She sure is a little cutey!

Jos, hope you get felling better for Christmas!
 
Howdy Ray she's fast asleep in bed, all the excitement did her in i recon, there was no time for train's she was playing with Barbie doll's
 


Hi all, Ateve looks like little Gemma had lots of fun at her Birthday, The new Loco sure sounds like it is going to be a beast , Jos hope you feel better ,Time for a flu shot, Rex good luck with the software,Ken , I like Pepsi , its a big hit in our part of the U.S.A., Hope everyone has a real nice evening !!! Hope all of you in Colorado stay warm and out of the snow, It's in the forties here in Buffalo and nice and green . And here's to the War Department I just heard they need 90 Billion dollars next year to fight the war in Iraq, Just wonder how all the poor people in our country feel about that . But it's for our national Security. So it's money well spent !!
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top