Coffee Shop Part III

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Fergie! You're back! Hotdiggidy!
Ripping up bushes two days after surgery, that's dedication!

Rex, I lucked out, I have oil heat and renewed my annual contract in mid-November when oil prices were low, so that's the price I'll be paying.
Some guy at the local hardware store was advising me to tear up my f-bushes using the chain-on-truck method, but that didn't seem like such a great idea to me - I'll probably rent a termite myself, I'm a machinery freak anyhow:D
 
Yeah, it's fun to run a Termite...just not too long! I once rented one to dig up about 30, 6-8 inch pine stumps and it took the entire daylights hours of one weekend. I was beat to death by the time it was over. Next time: A BIGGER backhoe:D :D .
 
RT: Thanks for the photos here and at the WPF. There is something about propane tank cars that scares the H out of me. I know that following safety rules and proper material handling methods that it is probably not any worse than other chems, but dang man, what a boooom it would make.:eek: :D
Meh, Chemicals and Haz-mat don't bother me anymore... Especially after dealing with fuel, oil, batteries (and even battery acid on my skin), its all in the territory.

Its that concept, you're more likely to be in an accident walking down the street then flying on a plane, it follows haz-mat too.
 


Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


12-17-06

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
As long as you do it by the book your fine and if it would go boom it would be all over befor you knew what happened so you still wouldn't know it or feel it .

:( Was told by CFO I need to stop bidding , ordering and buying trains for a while I've spent all I can for this year. ;) Glad this year is over in 2 weeks :p

She is right though hate to amit I have bought a lot in the last 3 months . At least i don't have to go make room in the shed so I have a place to sleep.m (shed is heated at least when I need it to be ( installed a gas heater this past summer.) (basicly a room heater)

If I counted right in lionel O gauge I have 27 Engines (and thats just counting the powered units), 92 freigt cars and 22 passenger cars and still have more of each coming in not a lot more but enough lol.

Oh for you who don't know I did cross the line and bought a HO scale set about 3 weeks ago but I only did it as it runs on ac and has basicly 3 rails (marklin)

Trains003.png


Well you all have a good day got to get going need to visit a close freind in a couple ( church)and then back to finishing my gas work under the house and then cfo wants to go look for an old key wind clock.
 
Hi All: It's been awhile. I've been in and out, just didn't have much to say.
Ken I thought you had that job all done? I've operated Termites and they didn't impress me that much. Get a larger machine or a mini track hoe. The track hoes have many times the dig power of a Termite and are faster. The savings in time will make up for any added expence.
I am knocking off the days to retirement at a pretty good clip now. I'm even getting back into doing some scratch building. I've got another mine head frame in the works. It is wood or steel covered with corragated metal. I've got to keep production going to keep up with the orders from Ken's steel mill.
Time to hit the bricks and do something for the company. One of the things I will not miss is working on weekends.
See you all later.
 
morning everyone, and a very sunny one it is, just re located the rabbits house so it gets some sun, lucky wabbit.

Fergie and Paul WB nice to see you in here again gent's, talking about groin surgery, me and my friend had the snip in the same week and within day's we had to move 60 3' x 2' concrete paving stones and had to carry them up the steps from hell on a mountain side home, we were walking like John Wayne for a week.
Ken L it's best to get a BIG rope on the suckers and rip em out with a truck, 1: it makes you feel good doing this and 2: it saves hiring a stump grinder, it's amazing how big a tree you can rip out with a land rover if you tie the rope as high as you can then give it hell for leather, kinetic energy is fun:D
i saw the pic's taken by Robert the other day,,,what a huge mess, i think he's the second one to lose everything to fire this year, can't remember who it was but the fire started in wireing outside the house spread inside very fast.

RT now that is a great addition, don't you think so Ken L
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin' Bill!

Fergie!!!, good to see you! I was beginning to worry about you. Hope all is well with you and your family.

My father at the age of 86 had a repair done. Came home and a day later decided it was time to roll the lawn. Dragged the 300lb. roller 10ft. over to the tractor and started rolling. By the time he was done, he noticed the seat was covered in blood. Tried to patch things up by himself but was seen the next day by the county health nurse. I got called to transport dad back to the hospital to be sewn up again. On the way there I was yelling at dad for not following the docs directions and not working. His answer is a classic. You know son, we all do stupid things in our lives. Usually we don't get caught!

BTW Steve, when taking out a tree that way, just make sure the rope is longer than the tree is high..........
 
Hey Ken: Since you have got the expereance now you can come out and help my son and I clear out these mesquites. Between the two places there's only about 40 acres to do. Shouldn't take an experianced guy like you long at all.
 
Mornin All, Boy my butt just pukered there Ray, Bet you father was hurting after that. Which reminds me of a story when I was a child. A fellow in our neighborhood had to take out a tree stump. so he put a chain aound it and hooked it up to his rear axle on his Nash Rambler . Needless to say he guuned it through it to gear and after the dust cleared the stump was still there along with his axle tires and all. Hey does anyone thnik we have global warming ? It's gonna be 58 toady in tropical Buffalo But how about all those storms out in Washington and Oregon. Really kind of crazy weather . well gotta get ready for the football day. All have a wonderful Sunday !
 


Wow RT, those Marklins - you sure know how to get a reaction out of me <LOL>! What are your plans for them - re-list them on ebay for a profit, to finance some more 027 stuff?

Texas Paul - Your'e right, I was also doing this stuff last weekend when you called, but I had the wrong sized equipment. That 2-inch chipper had to be spoon-fed, all the branches had to be manually pruned first - horribly time consuming. But the six-incher, that thing just ate 'em up!

Steve - Land Rovers are pretty hefty beasts, aren't they? I'm not sure a Dodge Durango has the same tractive force, even in 4WD. Maybe I'll try it on just one stump, with the chain attached to the trailer hitch, not the rear axel! :D

Buffalo Paul - That reminds me of a Leave-It-To-Beaver episode I saw as a kid, where his brother Wally and his friend Eddie Haskell wrapped a chain around the rear axel of Lumpy's car as a practical joke to make him "a few minutes late" for a date...needles to say they spent a few weekends repairing the damage afterward. (Hmmm, a TV sitcom that actually scripted consequences for stupid behavior...imagine that :rolleyes: )

Rex - I might try one of those track-hoes if the trailer hitch experiment fails. Of course I have only 6 bushes - not 30!
 
Ray i have a rope that's 1 1/2" thick and around 70' long with a loop both ends, it doesn't matter if the tree won't budge the rope just twangs you to a nice controlled stop (a pretty fast one at that) but when i see people useing chain or wire, that scares the heck out of me, even if it's attatched to a tow hitch the tree OR the tow hitch WILL go bang, or worse the chain goes bang and flies through the back window at a rate of knotts
 
Ken Not sure weather I'm going to keep or resell not sure guess if the offer was right might concider selling I thought they were cool as it had the hot liquid cars with it. I really don't even know if they work as I haven't even hooked them up to try lol.

Have bought a bunch of B&O road name thou in the past few weeks. by the way heres a pure luck shot if ever seen one
one an auction of 6 lionel B&O passenger cars I got 9516, 9517, 9518, 9519, then it jumps to 9523, and 9525
then I won another auction which had 2 amtrack passenger cars one milwaukee campain observation car and a B&O passenger car .
Didn't know the numbers of the cars in either auctions as they didn't give them well I got super lucky the B&O that I got in the second auction was the 9524 which I was missing to complete the whole set. The only one I'm missing is the 9529 campaine car in B&O. That may or maynot be added as its not a cheap car its about $80.00 plus shipping.

Well all take care talk to you all later
 
Evening all, Yeah it was funny but you had to see the rambler, It was ready for the junk yard before he started the whole thing .I think he had tape holding most of it together to begin with and he even had a spare rambler for parts.Rt its amazing how you can fall in to deals sometimes.And it was a good day in Buffalo today. Bills 21 Miami 0, sorry for you Dolphin fans but I can remember a stretch in the 70's when the Bills lost twenty straight times to the Dolphins, I think it was a record for futility . Anyway you all have a nice night !!!!
 
Afternoon All ! Must be a busy day not to many in for a coffee. It's another beautiful day here in the Miami of the East Temps. near 50 and Sunny .even looks like will have a green Xmas. Well you all have a nice afternoon !
 
Hello fella's I'm still kicking!! Beaut summer weather down here, 3 1/2 days to go and I get two weeks off. Spend some quality time with Brigette (probably have to play dollys in the play house) and maybe get a bit more work down on the layout.

C ya'll

Ken.
 


Good evening All,

After a week I do enjoy again i nice cuppa coffee, I couldn't bar the smell of it but now I am feeling better it taste much better! ( ha ha ha sounds like a commercial) All the kids are healthy again! So silence has returned at home:rolleyes:
Now I a going to start reading what has happened in the coffeeshop. Hope I did not missed important things:D
Sleep well or have a nice day/ evening!

Jos
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top