ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I had a great day today with the first test run of my Operations software. I invited Carey over to be my STETOSRPM (senior train engineer for testing operations software randomly produced manifest. He loves titles!
Sir always was one of my favorites!!!



Things must have ran well as Carey had a smile on his face all day and even giggled a time or two. Though thinking about it, maybe it wasn't the operating. Hmmmm!
Actually it was Rex!

I loved it once you understood the difference between origin and destination!
I will do a write up tomorrow in my RailOp thread about my experience with the data entries and using the software.
Hope you have good evening and a better tomorrow.
Looking forward to it! But I hope you know I was just funnin'ya!

I actually got a taste of the way I always remembered my best times operating on a layout felt like. Fellows I haven't seen a program this intuitive nor easier to use since my buddy wrote the program we used in Mobile in the early to late '80's!(At least it was for its time!) I'm extremely impressed. Chalk one up for
Rex!

Well, I have my weekend project lined up. It's time to make a new backdrop for my layout. The old one is getting faded and is looking it's age.
Good morning ! from Indiana.
01-12-07
Morning everybody, evening KenNZ! Flo, I'll have a stack of those same kind of pancakes that Jeff had yesterday.
Paul, glad the docs found that thing before it 'found' you!

Bummer about having to take those additional med's though...
Rex & CJ, glad you guys had some good ol' fashion MRR
fun!
Ray, sounds like you're having loads of fun with your other hobby!
Jeff, like you I'm wrestling with a project of my own: grinding gouges into the outer rail edges of my pavement-embedded track. I've done about half of the total 10 linear feet of surface that needs to be [un]covered. I'll post a separte thread later with diagrams/photos to explain it clearer...
Steve, hope ya feel better!
Good morning
Happy MRRing
basement
Hello All,
Been working a while in the basement(for my new"old" layout) The progress is very slow: the plaster of paris is drying very slowly so I cannot go further with the green stuff. Also had to make some trees for a MRR fan in Germany+ many scotsh pine tree in scale N for my own layout..
BTW: I like the HAUT CUISINE of some of you each morning

Those pictures taste and smell good but halas here at my place it is already afternoon..
It is great to read that everyone now is practicly involved with MRR, so am I , last days sometimes to much

( kids are screaming on the top of the stairs: DAD WHEN IS DINNER READY? Dad you have to driveme...DAD where are my....Dad ( and than it is time to leave the basement!!

) mam is asking how long you want to stay downthere!!
Stay healthy and wish some of you getting healthy soon.
Jos
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye. I'll be having the ham and eggs today.
Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/12/2007
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23
Wind Chill: 62°F
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 63°F
So Far Today
High: 63°F
Low: 62°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 15mph SSE
High: 73 °F
Low: 59 °F
Now through 09:00 AM CST January 12, 2007
High: 75
Through 9 AM...scattered showers will continue developing over the coastal waters east of Cameron as well as south central Louisiana. These showers will move into eastern portions of central Louisiana with rainfall rates between a tenth and a quarter inch an hour. This area will cover those east of a line from Cameron and Lake Arthur to Crowley, Ville Platte and eventually Bunkie and Marksville and will include the cities of Lafayette and New Iberia. Movement of the showers will be north at 20 mph.
Today High: 75 Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog in the morning. A 20 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight Low: 62 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the lower 60s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.
I have my weekend project lined up. Building a new backdrop. I got new poster paper today for the back plate. The scene is printed but still needs to be cut out, that's a couple hours work right there. I have to take down the old back plate, as the backdrop on it is fading and is definately looking it's age. The new back plate will have to be assembled and attached to the wall. This will be done with wood glue, as before, and the back plate will be held in place with thumb tacks until the glue dries. The seams will be covered with masking tape, then the whole thing will be painted Nimble Blue. After the paint is dry, the printed sections will be joined together and attached to the back plate with a thin layer of white glue and allowed to dry. The last touch will be to add some clouds.
Mornin' Bill!
Mornin' Luc!
Mornin' Jeffrey!
Mornin', mornin', mornin'....... Busy in here today, good to see everybody.
Yep Ken L, I'm having a bit of fun, not a hobby though. It's my retirement business. Nice when you can combine things you really like to do and business!
This is going to be a major busy weekend as I am the Vice-President of the Local Martin Luther King Committee. We have the major event of the year (Our MLK Service) coming up on Monday and have a lot of last minute things to get done before then. We sponsor an Art and Poetry Contest in the local public and parochial schools and I work on that sub-committee so putting up the display boards and sorting entries and running off the awards for the winners will occupy most of my time. We have the Director of the Washington Office of the NAACP coming as our major speaker. After the service one of our local Black Churches will serve up a huge southern style meal with fried chicken, ham, greens and blackeyed peas and yams, and............... (sweet potato pie anyone?) Many of our local churches (Presbyterian, Episcopal, Catholic, and Methodist) are active participants in the service so logistics gets to be huge. I am once again this year in charge of lining up all the local and state politicians who attend and speak at the service as well as giving out all the prize money to the winners of the Art and Poetry contest.
After the service one of our local Black Churches will serve up a huge southern style meal with fried chicken, ham, greens and blackeyed peas and yams, and............... (sweet potato pie anyone?)
Sounds like a real southern style meal. Iused to live in southern Illinois and made my way down to Chatanooga and Atlanta a few times.
The people out here in the northwest think I'm nuts because I like molasses with cornbread and baked beans.
Darn Ray, looks like I need to fly up to the North to have a great Southern meal.

Afternoon All ! Another bleak day on the Niagara Frontier, Big wind blew thru last night but none the less for ware. Boy Ray that sounds like a nice weekend. wouldn't mine sittin down to that meal. Glad to see all busy railraoding. Just got done watching some Train videos I recoreded off RFTD. They run one every week along with a Model Train clip/\. Don't know if any of yous get it . It's a on Dish Tv and boy it's great for raifanning some old Steam Trains. Well thats all for now .Hope you all have a real nice Friday !!!!
Hi All: It's 3;30 on Friday. Quiting time and Saturday is a train show in Plano. Yes I'm going even though it's a long way. I usually don't go to the shows that are this far but I figured that I'd do this one once and see if it is worth it. The Plano show is supposed to be a good one.
I'll see you all tomorrow and let you know how it was.
21 days left.
Texas Paul - You're talkin' like a
shorttimer! 
Hello all,
Rex and Carey sounds like ya'll had a great time with the new software.
Ray It sounds like you have your work cut out, hope everything come's together for you, the food sounds great
The bug was just passing through i think, i hope it does not come back, what a grim night, all well again now. Ken i had a stack of old MR book's lined up on the window sill in preperation
today i opened the 25 kilo sack of plaster for the hill's, Jos i got fine casting plaster, dipped paper towel in it and stuck on top of brown paper hill's, this stuff dries FAST, the more you mix the faster it set's.
KenL, Paul bein a shorttimer is one of the greatest feelings I have ever had. Only four times did I ever feel better. The nite I walked out of work for the last time was the greatest, getting married, the birth of my oldest daughter and then the birth of my youngest daughter. When I walked out for the last time I felt like I levitated across the parking lot and I do not miss it one iota.
Larry, I know the feeling. It was like the weight of the world was lifted off and my mind became clear and could easily focus on new things. No regrets here...no sir!
Just the thought has made me feel great. We got all signed up for SS and Mary Ann got on Medicare A & B. I'm busy laying in supplys of scratch building stuff. I got a 4x8 sheet of 2mm PVC sheet and have a sheet of 1mm on order. That one should be in Monday.
The weather is getting bad. There is an ice storm coming. I don't know if I'll be able to go to the train show. It's a long drive and no way in ice.
Buffalo Paul. Good to hear that you didn't have to go under the knife. I know that more drugs aren't fun but that's better than being cut on. I hope that you get better soon and keep us informed.
Well I'll say Good Night. My best to everyone.
MAN it was COLD here today, San Diego is not supposed to be this cold! I think we hit 55 degrees!
Wow Josh! Should I FedEx you a few of my ski jackets?
It'll be in the 60's here tomorrow...
Wow Josh! Should I FedEx you a few of my ski jackets?
It'll be in the 60's here tomorrow...
Asked my dad to overnight my Carhart jacket!
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)