Coffee shop part 9

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon, all.

Rex, I'll be amazed if we really get any snow but I've been amazed before by Alabama weather. We got some really intense thuderstorms last night when it was supposed to be just showers. BTW, I have that same pile of coats on my kitchen chair. It's hard to tell what to where over the past week.

Phillip, great news that your wife is still on the rebound,. Sound like it will be a good weekend to do homework with the weather that's coming.

Paul, I can just feel you salivating at he prospect of attacking that new snowstorm with your snow blower and shovel. It's war, I tells you! :)

Carl, I don't think my hands still work at 25 let alone my camera.

I hope the storm isn't as bad as it looks like it's going to be for you guys in the northeast. However,as long as the electricity stays on, what better excuse to get some layout work done? If you paid his expenses, I'm sure Paul would come over and dig you out. :D
 
Howdy folks!

The storm has arrived. I drove over to Seneca Falls (the real one) late this afternoon to see how things were going at the All County Festival. Got back home a little over an hour later. It was just staring to snow when I left. By the time I got home ther was over an inch of snow on the ground. They are now predicting 4 to 6 inches tonight with more tomorrow and tomorrow night. Paul I got my snowblower all gased up and ready to run........

The All County Festival tomorrow has been postponed...... very good plan! So tomorrow will be a good day to finish my taxes and do a little work on tge layout.
 
Good afternoon.

I went to Alexandria this morning tio keep my angiogram appointment, arriving an hour ahead of schedule. Got my eyes examined real good and the doc shot a bunch of laser beams into them. Came back to Leesville and stopped in at the Sheltered Workshop to see about a call I got from them yesterday and worked there the rest of the day. I only got home a little while ago. I won't be on much today because I can't see very well. My vision should be clearer tomorrow.
 


Good evening folks

We just got in from setting up the Blue and Gold Banquet for tomorrow. It took us about 2 ½ hours to do it.

I had to run out and get something and almost got killed. Some moron on the cell phone blew through a red light. He went through it without one bit of hesitation an almost hit me if I had not stopped quickly enough. He almost got the guy coming in the opposite direction from me. It had me shaking.

Time to get some rest before the big banquet.

I hope everyone has a good night.
 
03-08-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
Buffet.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Menu3.png
waitress1.png
 
Good morning.

It's currently a very cool 36 degrees under cloudy skies. Expecting a high of 57 under partly cloudy skies this afternoon.

I'll be working at the shop today so I won't be doing much posting until later.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/8/2008


Wind Chill: 32°F
Humidity: 81%
Dew Point: 32°F

So Far Today
High: 37°F
Low: 35°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph W

Today High: 58 Mostly sunny. Not as cool. Highs in the upper 50s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 35 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. Light and variable winds.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q186/forum-1/268.jpg
 
Hey all!

Woke up this morning to a whiteout! Heard a train running out on the CSX main though!

Nasty lookin' out there. Might have to venture out and get some cool pics of trains in the snow!

Have to find time for homework too. I'm not looking forward to that really, but it has to be done I suppose.

Oh well, I'm outta here!
 
Goooooooooooooood Morning fellow Model Railroaders. It is just a lovely day outside here in the Finger Lakes. We got about 5" of very heavy wet white stuff last night. Right now we are getting some freezing rain to be followed later by another foot of the regular white stuff mixed with sleet and more freezing rain.

Finished and filed my taxes last night. Will be getting some money back from my uncle...... Hmmmmm, I wonder how much scenery I can get done with that bonus?

Hope all of you are staying warm and dry where ever you are (unless of course you would rather be cooler and in the swimming pool....)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning , Bill , Jeffrey , Phillip & Ray ! Guess what it's snowing outside or more like ice right now , We go 12 inches in our little part of the world. We have the Weahter Channel broadcasting from Buffalo today . Guess it's the only time they come. Have some attached pictures out my back door so should give you an idea what I was doing all morning long . Trying to warm up and get dry right now and get out of these gas smelling clothes so I can get ready for the next attack of the white stuff. hope you all have a nice day !!!!!!:p
 
Boy am I glad we didn't get any snow like that! Greetings folks! I just got back from the local train show. I have a few observations I'd like to share.

I hardly saw any steam at all. Nobody was running it, nobody was selling it. The only steam I saw was old Lionel stuff and other O gauge trains.

There were hardly any HO club layouts. The majority of clubs were N scale. There were as many LEGO layouts as HO. I found this to be odd. Apparently there are more N scale, modern modelers around here.

Though there was hardly any steam, almost all layouts had a turntable and roundhouse. Maybe they run steam, but not at a show. I guess I was hoping to see some big steamers running since I can't run them myself.

These were just a few things that struck me as odd while wandering around the show. I did make an unauthorized purchase. I bought the Walthers city station I'm planning to use for my new layout. They had thirty percent off retail on all structures. This price came out to be lower than the Walthers sale price and I didn't have to pay shipping. I knew I was going to buy it within the next six months and figured it was the cheapest I'd find it. At least, this is the argument I'm going to use to my wife when she wakes up from her nap! Now, do I start working on it now, or wait until after I move in two months, hmm... we'll see.

I hope everyone has a good day. Have fun with all of that snow. It's suppose to be in the thirties my next week!
 


Nice, Jeffrey! I enjoyed it.

Fellows we got our snow, but you had to work the Friday midnight shift to see it come down. Just a dusting and it was gone before mid-morning. Sorry Paul, we don't need you and your snowplow (blower) this time:(. Maybe I can rent a snow machine. :D
 
Good morning.

It's currently 36 here under clear skies, expecting a high of 68 under partly cloudy skies.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446 3/9/2008


Wind Chill: 33°F
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 31°F

So Far Today
High: 39°F
Low: 37°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph SSE

Today High: 68 Mostly sunny. Warmer. Highs in the upper 60s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 48 Increasing clouds. Not as cool. Lows in the upper 40s. East winds around 10 mph.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Storm pretty much fizzled out last night. We were supposed to get some major snow from the backside of the storm in the Northeast. Did fet some wind that caused some complications around here though. I look over acroos the road from me and see that awhite birch tree in the neighbors yard blew down from the storm. My son and his family came over for supper last night and to stay warm as the electric was out in most parts of Geneva for about 4 hours. It took several calls to find a pizza place still open......... There may be some free firewood to be gathered this week around the neighborhood. My area had several brownouts yesterday afternoon but the power stayed on. Got up to a cold house this morning and found that my thermostat had reset itself to 64°F.....???? After checking the pilot light, I checked the thermostat, reset it, and all is well. Another weird thing was that I tried to open Photoshop CS2 last night to do a scan, and it wouldn't open. Kept saying there was a hardware or system failure. Tried to open my old copy of Photoshop 7, and it started but quit as soon as I tried to scan. Thought, this is not good (as I use Photoshop constantly in the business). This morning I started the computer and Photoshop CS2 came up with no problem. BTW the computer is on a major APC Battery Back UP so the power shouldn't have been an issue. Time to do some work on the old girl. This afternoon I will run DiskWarrior (Mac repair software) and see what that does. Everything else seems to work as usual.

Have a good day and stay warm....!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So, how's everyone doin this morning?

Me? I've got some schoolwork to do still, but I'm basically going to take the day off and spend it with the family.

And with that, I'm outta here!

Later!
 
Hi everyone! Are you yawning yet (missing an hour's sleep)?:D It sure will be nice having an extra hour of daylight.
Beautiful day in T-town with 60's forecasted through Tuesday and then 70's the rest of the week. I'll take it anytime (without the spring storms, of course;) :D) .

Guess I will spend the day getting ready for our camping trip Wednesday. We are starting to get excited about using the new travel trailer.

:) Have a wonderful day.:)
 


Good evening folks

I finally have some time to sit down at the computer after a couple of crazy days. Yesterday’s weather was quite a show we had wind, rain, lighting, and hail. The worst of it was when I took my father-in-law home from the Blue and Gold Banquet. I dropped him off at the house and you could see these black clouds rolling in from the west. Just as we pulled up to the house it started to rain. I got him in the house and headed back to the church hall. On the way the rain came down in torrents and then came the hail. It was the size of marbles and actually coated the ground. With all the rain we had I was amazed that our basement did not get water in it.

Speaking of the Blue and Gold it went off great. The food was great. Each of our dens performed skits and we gave out our pinewood derby trophies. My son is happy because he won a Pokemon game in one of the silent auctions. My daughter also won a gift certificate to a local pizza place.

My son’s basketball team won their playoff game 24 to 23 with a basket in the final minute. My son did well. He did not score any points. He had several critical defensive rebounds and a blocked shot. He also made an assist on a play that put his team up with three minutes to go.

Needless to say I have not gotten any modeling done. I am hoping to get down stairs and at least put some stuff away and tidy up things.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top