Coffee shop part 9

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Phillip the elevator her at Emporia got another loco last week. I think it might be a leased unit but I have not had time to check it out. I thought it had an X at the end of the of the markings as I glanced at it on the way by. I guess I should get out the old binoculars and check it out better form the warmth of the house. That old orange loco they have used for the last 10 years died the last set of grain hoppers they filled. A good friend told me the windings in the motor burnt out.
 
Good morning everyone!

Jim hope by now the storms have passed and all are safe!

Ken L thanks for the heads up about Terry (C&O Fan). I was wondering where he had been. He is in my prayers for a good outcome.

Philip let your wife know that she is in our thoughts and prayers. I know this round of surgery will be helpful in the long run. At least she already knows the routine.

Well, I have to head out to Canandaigua to feed my sister's cat. Dang Paul, some of that partly cloudy made it over to the Finger Lakes. Could get a foot or so of the stuff in the next 24 hours they say. Yeah, I get to run the snow blower one more time this winter (he said with great amount of sarcasm in his voice!).

Mornin' Bill!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning.

It's 48 here but the wind coming off the lake makes it feel like 30. The expected high today is 56.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/26/2008


Wind Chill: 43°F
Humidity: 65%
Dew Point: 38°F

So Far Today
High: 68°F
Low: 49°F
Rain: 0.06"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 33mph N

Important Message

Lake wind advisory in effect from 10 AM this morning to 4 pm cst this afternoon.

Today High: 58 Becoming mostly sunny. Cooler. Highs in the upper 50s. North winds 15 to 20 mph.

Tonight Low: 35 Mostly clear. Colder. Lows in the mid 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.
 


Morning all.
Jim, the storm rattled and growled for awhile, but all is fine. Its now a high of 50 and going down to 28 tonight: up and down, up and down.
 
Good afternoon folks

It was 36 F as I rolled out of the driveway. High today will be 46 F with rain. I am sitting here actually enjoying a cup of coffee. The work insanity has no begun yet but we are on final countdown.

I finished the last flat car. Now I have to think about the next project. Maybe I’ll work on the layout some this time around.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Hey Phillip the elevator her at Emporia got another loco last week. I think it might be a leased unit but I have not had time to check it out. I thought it had an X at the end of the of the markings as I glanced at it on the way by. I guess I should get out the old binoculars and check it out better form the warmth of the house. That old orange loco they have used for the last 10 years died the last set of grain hoppers they filled. A good friend told me the windings in the motor burnt out.

Too bad! That was the last of a dying breed! I think she was the last of her kind still running from the old LV if I remember right. I'll have to go check out the new power soon! In the meantime, here's a pic or two of ole orange (never did find her number)......

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/Prototype Train Photos/6-25-075.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/Prototype Train Photos/6-25-078.jpg
 
I think she was the last of her kind still running from the old LV if I remember right.

Oh No! I think she was the last Lehigh & New England locomotive left. Maybe now the PA RR Museum can get her before she is scrapped. Apparently years ago they tried but the elevator operator turned them down.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evening, everyone. Sorry I missed breakfast, I could have USED one of Flo's big cheese and bacon omelettes today. Got to school to find out that half my choir is on a three day Catholic school retreat up in the mountains and the other half is going to be watching a film to prepare for a Social Justice Forum later on next week. My boss, bless her, 'forgot' to tell me about it and said, "Tom, I got a Prefect for the rest of the week, why don't you just take it off and enjoy yourself." Hm, do I work at a NEAT school, or what?

Which means that I can do some serious work on my new 'basket case' Yellowstone and get her up and running. Went out today and raided my LHS for some new Cal-Scale and PSC castings to make her feel better during the rebuilding. Buddy of mine on the 'other' forum downloaded a YouTube video of an Akane Yellowstone fitted out with DCC and sound, and crawling by just like the Real Thing--I toldja they were INDESTRUCTABLE, lol!

Our 'big' Sunday storm decided to fizzle out, and it's nice and spring-like here in SunnyNorCal right now. I think something's due in this weekend, but it'll probably be a drizzler. Just as long as the weather stays cold in the mountains so our snow-pack doesn't melt before it's supposed to. Last year, it was gone by March. Year before it hung around until almost July. Ya never know around here, any more.

Gonna turn in, get up bright and early and arm myself with my trusty soldering iron and CA and see what I can get done on the new 'baby.'

Prayers for Terry and Paul and his.
Steve, that lamb STILL makes my mouth water!

Tom
 
02-27-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D
TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
Buffet.png


THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

BreakfastMenu.png
waitress1.png
[/QUOTE]
 


Good morning folks

It was 36 F and getting breezy as I headed on the road today. Our high is supposed to be 37 F. It is supposed to get colder as the week goes along and then early next week we could be in the mid-60’s.

I finally got around to taking some pictures last night of one of the completed flat cars.

There won’t be much modeling tonight. My daughter has flute lesson and then we have a Cub Scout Pack Meeting.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good Morning Bill & Tom , Looks like we have a couple more inches of the white stuff, nothing like the 6-14 they were perdicting . It's the cold that is the worst . Suppose to get down to 9 tonight. Prayers to Terry ,& Phillips wife. Hope that the Lord will see them through . Steve what is going on over there in England ? An earthquake ,hope that there wasn't too much damage. Rex good to see that your getting over the flu . Well gotta go get my exercise in and bend an scoop . Take care all and have a great day !!!
 
Morning all!

Check it out! My son finished his Pinewood Derby Racer last night. He runs it tonight. He needed help with the power tools and such, and also to hold the body decal while he wetted it, but the rest is all him. I brought it in to work this morning to weigh it on the scale. The legal limit is 5 oz., and, well, a picture says a thousand words......

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/Picture502.jpg

Hope he does well!

The wife is getting a little antsy about the surgery tomorrow, but she's just giving it to God. Thank you all for all of your prayers of comfort and safety.

Well, I best be off!

Later!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin' Bill!

Tom W that sounds almost like being retired...... Where I taught they never did anything like that unless it was the day before a concert. But they expected me to supervise whatever they decided was more important.

tompm and Paul ccccccold and snowy here in the Finger Lakes this morning. Currently 18°F, just about the high for the day, and going down to 8°F tonight. Wouldn't mind but I am almost out of wood for the stove. Down to less than enough for today. So the gas company will be happy.

Hope Steve is OK over across the pond. Looks like only one person was injured but there was some considerable property damage.

Got to go fire up the snow fan. See you later.

(edit) Philip you snuck in here when my back was turned..... Awesome car! Right on the money for weight too! Bet your son will do well with it. When is the derby?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
(edit) Philip you snuck in here when my back was turned..... Awesome car! Right on the money for weight too! Bet your son will do well with it. When is the derby?

Yeah, he did a great job, thats for sure! He races tonight! I'll let you know how he does.
 
Good morning folks. I haven't done anything close to modeling, so I'm afraid I don't have much to talk about. Only one thing comes to mind.

I recently went to my cousins Karate tournament to cheer her on. Her father is the uncle that gave me my trains when I was little. I try to talk to him about them, because it seems like it would be common ground, not so. We are in two different camps when it comes to the reasons for modeling trains. When he had this equipment set up, it was a pit style, plywood prairie. The room was absolutely jam packed with track. There were plenty of buildings, but only for some place to go to and from. I, on the other hand, would be perfectly happy with a gigantic loop filled with all sorts of scenery. Every time I talk about what I'm doing, he brings up a time saver design. It's like we're speaking the same language, but don't understand the others accent. I find it funny that to him, if it's not operations, then what's the point? I am the complete opposite. If it doesn't look like the real world, then what's the point? I just thought I would share this interesting observation of the differences in opinion. My uncle is the only person I know that understands what I'm talking about. He's also one of the only people who doesn't really care. How funny?

I hope everyone has a good day.
 
Morning everybody,

It's getting ugly across the street this morning, I had to do a "Report Abuse" to Bergie & Co. The instigator has a late-era UP diesel in his avatar and hurls around the 'gay' epithet with abandon - remind you of anybody we know? :rolleyes:

Steve hope you're doing OK after that quake.

Ray, we bought a cord of firewood right before thnxgiving and we've already used up 80% of it. This ***** winter can't end soon enough for me!

Phillip - that's a great-looking racer, sure brings back memories of when my boy was involved in Cub Scouts. Best of luck to your son!
 
Phillip

Good luck to your son in the derby.

My son’s car did better that we expected. He finished 4th in the semi-final race. Only the top three from the semi-finals made it to the championship race. The car gave us a lot of trouble. It was slow and we had to work on it. We raced it against his car from last year which finished 6th overall and this year’s car was getting smoked. I was just happy he got out of the heats and into the elimination rounds.

My wife picked-up our pack’s pinewood derby trophies yesterday. We will be handing them out at the Blue and Gold banquet in two weeks.
 
Good morning.

It's a cool 35 here this morning under clear skies. Expecting a high of 59 this afternoon with partly cloudy conditions.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/27/2008


Wind Chill: 36°F
Humidity: 45%
Dew Point: 21°F

So Far Today
High: 41°F
Low: 31°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 10mph NNE

Today High: 55 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds becoming northwest around 10 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight Low: 38 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. Light and variable winds.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Morning folks. Looks pretty busy in here with all the posts.:D
Flo, I'll just have toast and coffee please.
To the folks with worries and what not, stay strong and keep moving forward.
For those who are standing in the sun, enjoy it much.
As for me, I'm hoping to find some motivation in the bottom of a coffee cup!!!!
Have a great day all.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top