Coffee shop part 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Glendia and I went over to the HOME to have Dinner with my parents. Your choice of Turkey or Ham, stuffing, vegies, salad, cottage cheese, plus the mandatory Pumpkin Pie with Whipped Cream.
Dad had his gall bladder removed about a month ago. After his night in the hospital he went home and promptly fell 6 times in 7 days. On his 7th fall back to the hospital for a week to run tests and more test. The results of the tests were he is in the early stages of Dementia, Parkinson's, low blood sodium, low vitamin B12 plus other maladies. My daughter the nurse says that these kinds of things sometimes show up after spmeone who is 88 has surgery. He seemed a lot better today and his physical therapy is doing wonders. So this turned out to be a very GOOD Thanksgiving. The only thing missing was my 5 younger brothers that could not make it home to be with us.
 
Well, the gang has left (my oldest son and his wife had to leave to go have another big Thanksgiving Diner with her family 3 hours after having a huge dinner at my house. Had a lot of fun consumed 2/3s of the 13.5 lb. bird chatted and went down to run trains. Didn't last long. My youngest kept making "choo choo" sounds as I ran the train (he always was an a annoying child..... At least he went "ding, ding, ding" as I backed the 2-6-6-2 to the consist. It was the chuffa, chuffa, chuffa, sound effects that got to me). Ended up getting the train stopped in a section of the track that for some reason has lost power (I did know that the problem was there, but have forgotten about it). So.... I left it there and we talked scenery and construction for a while. All told, a fun day. Hope you had a good one too!
 


Oh yeah, we had a good one and I am completely stuffed. I hope all are the same. I meant to ask earlier if you guys saw the last "America's Funniest Videos" on the TV? Well, there was one where the lady of the house was preparing the Thanksgiving meal and I assume her Mom was pointing at the Turkey on the table. The neck bone was sticking out of the cavity in the vertical position and it looked like......well, I will let your imagination take over. It was hilarious.

P.S. Steve, I not only have to listen to the wife's snoring, but Moe (the poodle) snores with her in harmony.:eek: :D :D
 
Well, the gang has left (my oldest son and his wife had to leave to go have another big Thanksgiving Diner with her family 3 hours after having a huge dinner at my house. Had a lot of fun consumed 2/3s of the 13.5 lb. bird chatted and went down to run trains. Didn't last long. My youngest kept making "choo choo" sounds as I ran the train (he always was an a annoying child..... At least he went "ding, ding, ding" as I backed the 2-6-6-2 to the consist. It was the chuffa, chuffa, chuffa, sound effects that got to me). Ended up getting the train stopped in a section of the track that for some reason has lost power (I did know that the problem was there, but have forgotten about it). So.... I left it there and we talked scenery and construction for a while. All told, a fun day. Hope you had a good one too!


I should add that my youngest son is 38! Found out what caused the short..... For whatever reason when I wired the new section of the layout I reversed the North and South Rail when it crossed into the other power district so it hit a dead short. Easy to fix but messes up the wiring schematic for the layout. I also have burned out the last of my "earthquake" type old soleniod switch machines closing that route until I get more tortiose machines.

Also my sister the Art Teacher just called me to say she had a great day and was very impressed with my work on the layout..... Nice!
 
Ray, I have to:o admit that on my first layout and before sound equipped locos, I sort of...uh...made secret choo-choo sounds:o :rolleyes:
 
Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


11-24-06

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png



3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Hello everyone
glad you all had fun
just been in the garage building benchwork, it was going very well till i noticed i'd boxed the compressor into a corner, stupid i know but these things happen, oh well it will have to stay there now
 


Mornin', Bill!

Mornin', Luc!

Ray, I have to:o admit that on my first layout and before sound equipped locos, I sort of...uh...made secret choo-choo sounds:o :rolleyes:

Well, so did (do) I. Just different when it is your son mocking you out.....:o :D :D
 
Hi all I see everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I hit three places yesterday ending up at my nephews. I left Turkey at my sisters we were part way home but it was a terrible foggy night could only see a car lenght in fornt so I did not turn around. There was even a accident this morning . A CSX Train hit a car who went through a grade crossing and did not see the train coming. That just shows you always be careful at the crossings without gates. Well hoep everyone is enjoying the football games the insane shopping and Leftovers !!!!
 
Looks like we're get part 3 soon!

Oh, so I got a $50 check from Emprex today, surprising to get the rebate that way. Kinda nice though.
 
afternoon all, i took the kids out today to see santa, he arrived in a helicopter at the local garden store then was instantly mobbed by about 200 children, he earned his money today i can tell you,
Model Bob check your e-mail and kick some ass
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top