Coffee shop part 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I see that computer problems aren't just my problem.:D

My home machine locked up while I was trying to download a GPS region for north Georgia into my handheld before our trip. When I rebooted it, the drives all powered up, but the keyboard and monitor didn't. My brother in law has it now and thinks the P4 chip went bad or the motherboard itself crapped out. He's got a processor to plug in to try and isolate the problem. The unit is 3 years old, but I don't want to buy one right before the holidays if I can help it, so maybe it can be repaired. Then again, I don't want to dump many $$$ into the old unit either... Ahhhh, the joys of technology...:D
 
On the computer theme (sort of). Our web site is running, crikey what a drama our ISP who is the registrar of our domain name won't let anyone else host it, so we had to change over the registration to our new IT friend Paul Inglis. It took two weeks!!

Anyway it works and there just a photo so far (which I put on there:D )

www.pavlova-paradise.co.nz

one day soon you'll be able to book our fab two bedroom apartment on this site.

Ken.
 
Jos Asterix and Obelix,,, i know them well, they drive trucks for De Rooy and carry parts from DAF at Eindhoven to our place in Leyland;) they are very funny guy's, one brought a lady from the red light area for a ride, she was one ugly woman:eek::o :eek: , there was a TV show a couple of years back with them (Asterix and Obelix) on, it was Very funny:D

Ken looking good Ken, i'll show nicky
 


I am looking for volunteers to help me wire my layout for DCC and get some scenery done by April of next year. The Central Indiana Division/Midwest Region/NMRA Spring Regional Convention will be held in Muncie Indiana April 20th thru the 22nd 2007. I have been asked to have my layout open for the layout tour on Sat the 21st. I know there is no way to get the whole layout sceniced by then but I can get the ballasting done and the Digitrax Super Empire Builder hooked up and running. After the ballasting is completed there should be plenty of time to do some scenery/ finish painting some buildings and other general stuff. You Bama guys are more than welcome to have a work session in my train room. LOL LOL LOL
I hope to complete the toy boxes I am building for my grandkids this week so I will have plenty of time to get my butt in gear and do some ModelRRing.
I have not had any computer problems lately, well at least any thing serious. Just the normal Windows XP glitches that occur regularly on my system.
 
Last edited:
Ken, I just went over to the site and looked at your home. I'll say it again, " That is a BEAUTIFUL place." Keep showing that photo and Steve will be on the next Express flight out of Heathrow.:D :D
 
Ken, I just went over to the site and looked at your home. I'll say it again, " That is a BEAUTIFUL place." Keep showing that photo and Steve will be on the next Express flight out of Heathrow.:D :D

That's the whole idea I need a hand to build the layout!! we're looking forward to more guests arriving and hopefully having a very busy 2007.

Ken.
 
Hi all. I see that computer problems aren't just my problem.:D

My home machine locked up while I was trying to download a GPS region for north Georgia into my handheld before our trip. When I rebooted it, the drives all powered up, but the keyboard and monitor didn't. My brother in law has it now and thinks the P4 chip went bad or the motherboard itself crapped out. He's got a processor to plug in to try and isolate the problem. The unit is 3 years old, but I don't want to buy one right before the holidays if I can help it, so maybe it can be repaired. Then again, I don't want to dump many $$$ into the old unit either... Ahhhh, the joys of technology...:D
You didn't get anything refering to ATAPI.sys did you? If you did, call Microsoft customer support before you shell out anything.
 
Ken M you could advertise a "model railroad experiance" holiday, that would be fun, anyhow it's 6.20 and i'm off to work
 
Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


11-14-06

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png



3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 


Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

Still another beautiful day here in the Finger Lakes (ie: rain, wet, cold, dark, and dreary....). Will be having the family here for Turkey Day so I have started to clean the train room and the layout. Amazing how much dirt and stuff I can leave un-noticed there....:rolleyes:
 
I think its about time for me to drop Mozilla 1.5 for IE 7.0 until the Mozilla crew figures out what they screwed up in the 1.5 update. I get about 1-2 crashes a day. I bet I send more error reports then their own testers.

How come you're still using v1.5? Firefox 2 came out the day after IE7 was released and seems much improved to me. I have IE7 as well, and I think Microsoft did a good job on it, but I'm still a little leery of their products, and the Firefox 2 interface is somewhat easier to use.

Chris
 
If anyone fancy's a look at an on-line railway magazine with no subsctiption have a look at this, it's British BTW, and pretty good http://www.railwayherald.com/

Well today our little girl had to go to hospital as she stuck a large sweet up her nose, not very nice for her i can tell you, she went wild with panic, poor soul, anyhow after some tricky work it's now out and her nose has stopped bleeding
 
Wow Steve hope your daughter recovers nicely .Children never stop amazing me with there exploits . I remember when my daughter was younger she caught a little fishbone which nicked her throat. She went bananas .We took her to the hospital they took xrays and doctor said that it had already passed when she swalloed and that it was just irritated . But you coudn't tell her that ! Ray I know what you mean another really niceday in the neighborhood , Rainy Foggy and cold .Can only dream of what the sun looks like. Hope everyone gets their computers straightened out. And all have a great day !!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Been an upgrade morning so far, new AVG anti virus, new real player, new google earth (no new images though). Looks good so far.

Ken.
 
You took the trial AVG Ken?

I just realized that Mozilla was on 2.0, I guess it just hasn't prompted me to update yet.
 
Steve, hope your daughter has recovered from her "learning" experience. When my youngest son was about 4 he somehow stuck a tied end from broken balloon up his nose and couldn't get it out. Luckily the Nurse across the street was able to help him and got it out so we didn't have to make a hospital run that night.

Josh, I just downloaded Firefox 2 this AM and so far I love it. Among other things it has a spell checker built in that works on line. Now I know before i post when I mess up (can't have that - I'm an old teacher ya know). Give it try, Most anything is usually better than Internet Exploder.;) :rolleyes: :D Of course I am used to the best 'cause I use a Mac...... :eek:
 
Ahhhh, better now. Lets see how often I crash Mozilla now! Its a thing to get used to the tabbed browsing, close buttons having moved.
 
Steve, it's all part of the learning process. My wife caught our daughter doing the same thing. She hated green peas and decided that she would just hide them up her nose.:D :) Yikes! That was 35 years ago.

Howdy all! I had, believe it or not, a visit from Carey today. Yeah! That's right! HE LIVES! We had a good time catching up on things and Carey helped me do some of my put-off track work. It's always fun to have a friend join you on the layout.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top