Coffee shop part 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Figure I can get in one last "veterans day shot" from my active duty. I'll have to go the a VFW next year...
 
Oh one more thing. A freind forwarded me this news article from a an Amtrak train hitting a semi. Here's a quote that caught my eye:
"The two front wheels of the train came off the track but the train did not derail."
How's that possible? Isn't a wheel off the track derailing? Or am I missing the "real" defeintion of derail?
 
Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


11-11-06

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png


Lest We Forget.
The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month.
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Veterans Day 2006
 


Morning all, cold and windy today with stuff blowing everywhere.
Ken L no prob's Ken,,, i have all this to come when the kids get older.
Josh great pictures, you look very smart.

take a look at this cave just discovered here in the UK, it's called Titan cave and has smashed the record into oblivion
http://www.hitchnhike.co.uk/pdc/photo_20050506_1857_rs.jpg
the black hole at the bottom is only half way to the bottom, it's massive
http://www.hitchnhike.co.uk/pdc/photo_20050102_003_rs.jpg
http://www.hitchnhike.co.uk/pdc/photo_19990206_006_prd.jpg
and just to show how much hard work goes on to get those pictures look at this guy
http://www.hitchnhike.co.uk/pdc/photo_19900825_005_slp.jpg

and the home page of Peak district caving is at
http://www.hitchnhike.co.uk/pdc/caving.htm
 
Last edited by a moderator:
In Flanders Fields

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders Fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

- John McCrae, 1915
 
Morning All. GodBless all veterans ! Especially our own Medal OF Honor Winner Cpl. Jason Dunham of Western New York who yesterday received the honor posthumosly on his birthday and the 201 birthday of the U.S. Marines which he and Josh served. So hears a silent salute to those fallen heroes who protected our freedoms.!!!!!
 
Hello All,

Luc Impressive poem
At 15 miles from me there is a WW II cemetery called Margraten. Almost 1500 soldiers who died on the end of WW II are buried there on that place, specialy made for Them. These soldiers (U.S., Canada. France, and more allied countries) died in action during the liberation of our country and Belgium as well.... When I visit that cemetery its alwaysvery impressive: the many crosses ,the fruit-trees an above al"L: the silence...
Imagining that it was like hell 61 years ago...
Thinking that these soldiers are only a small part of the many how lost their lives for us and for freedom!
Steve B Impressive story too!
Was the cave discovered this monthor already last year, because I saw on one of the pictures that is was dated in 2005?
"Let there be LIGHT"(now the tree has gone:D )
JoshJust look it up in THE dictionary:D :D
KenLI'll give it a try at our N-modules layout! When it is ready, I'll post the results!
Paul: I am still thinking for an answer for that question( collecters item andthe "junk":D

Jos
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jos yes it was found after some VERY hard work last year, the cave was detailed in paper over 100 years old and the enterance was lost by cave in's, the team had to dig out ton's of boulders and soil to find it again. At first it was just a story nobody believed possible but after uncovering it, wow
 
Btw

BTW Steve: The artikels and the pictures about the discovering of that huge cave were/are very intersting. Thanks:) ...

Jos
 


AHHHH its raining! Was not expecting that. So I got a UPSU container decaled. I guess I'll get pics up tomorrow afternoon.
 
Morning all. Haven't been here in two or three days so I've got some reading to catch up on. There has been a lot of talk lately about Internet Explorer 7.0.......So this morning, I downloaded it and I really like it. The best thing I like about is you can have several websites open at the same time, then just click the tab you want to view. Anyone else here run 7.0? Got to run for now, catch ya'll later.

Stan.
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

Mornin' everyone! Another beautifull day (dark, damp, and chilly) here in the Finger Lakes. Overslept and missed church this morning. Oh well, I have a lot of work to get done on some projects for customers so I guess it will be another work day for me.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


GoodMorning All ! Like Ray said another beautiful day in Western New York , Damp , Rainy and Cold. Gotta get out and enjoy this nice weather. Well the Bills are on TV another chance to do so venting at the box good for the mind !! Hope all have a peaceful kind day !!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top