Coffee shop part 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at the WPF thread I really need to get going on some more benchwork. I'd like to be able to do a lap of the room at least!!:p

Ken.
 
Good afternoon all ! Another day at the hospital with my wife this time >She had an angiogram of her heart and everything is fine Thank God. I may have to go to work at the hospital the amount of time I put in there. We finally got a break in the weather Sunny and tems near 60 .I guess the calm before the storm. yaeh I can remember the Edmund Fitzgerald wreck .Another one I seem to remember was a car transport sinking with everyone aboard. Another big storm onLake MicHigan I think could be wrong .Does anyone remember that one ? I think the Ford Motor company owned the transport Anyway have a nice rest of day everyone
 


Paul, I too am glad to hear your Mrs is doing well. We marrieds sometimes take our partner for granted until one of us becomes ill or needs medical help. Then a quick reality check makes us realize how much our lives depend on each other.;) :)
 
Good morning ! from Indiana.:D
katehall2004.png

10-31-06
THECOFFEESHOP.png
 
Morning All:
Paul: That was the SS Milwaukee that was lost in Lake Michigan. They think that the sea gate at the stern failed to keep out the water. It was found a couple of years ago by divers and is a real fund of artifacs. Of course no one is going to mess with it because of the loss of life.
I've got to go.
 
Mornin' Bill! Do we get pumpkin pie later?

Mornin' Luc!

Happy "All Halos Eve" to everyone! I have already seen a vampire this morning (had to have my 6 month blood draw for the Doc). I celebrated in my usual manner by having a #3 special at the local diner downtown (with bacon, eggs over easy, and a double order of sourdough bread toast. And, several cups of their fine coffee!).
 
Thanks everyone .Wife is resting and doing well. Thanks Paul , That's right as I recall a few new cars were one her .Anyone need a classic ? Happy Halloween to all ! Another rainy day hope it clears for all the little tricksters.Well off to have a gouhlish good time !!!!
 
Evening all, just a quick one for me between the trick-o-treeters,,
Paul glad to hear the good news Paul.

at work we had a new truck fall on a worker today, it was being stacked onto the chassis of another one for export to the USA, they put the axles on steel beems then put big "u" bolt's over to hold it on, anyhow it fell off and landed on a guy giving him a very nasty head wound, lucky he was not injured more severley.

talking hospital's i have to go and see the consultant nuro surgeon on monday for the results, fingers crossed,
gotta go, door bell ringing again
 
Last edited by a moderator:


We missed all the trick and treating, I guess cause we are rural and not to many kids in the street.:D

So I ate all the treats and washed it down with a brew.:) Lovely.

Paul Happy to hear your Mrs is ok.

Ken.
 
Ah! The first little monster just appeared at my door....... Probably will be a slow night as it is still raining on and off. Don't get the numbers of kids on Haloween that I used to back when I was teaching. Part of it is that parents are much more careful today and only let children go where they know the people. Good idea actually!
 
Well, 5 for my dad in Michigan (during a snowstorm!) and THREE for me, in an apartment building! Sheesh are these kids not as smart as I was when i was at that age, the apartment buildings have more people in less space...
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

Josh, I only got about 25 kids this year. Most communities are advising parents to let their children go to houses where they know and trust the people. There are also a lot of parties and other activities that are well supervised for children on Halloween. OK by me. I can buy less candy and eat more myself. :rolleyes: (don't tell my doctor.)

Sun is shining outside but I have 7 more songs to mix for an album to get done and Deacons tonight to prepare for. Guess the lawn will have to wait a few more days and little or no train stuff today.
 
Mhmmm Ray, I remember them "starting" that when I was younger, and getting "yelled at" by people when I knocked on their door past 9pm. The whole "you know its getting late you should head home" speach. Allways had the reply of, well I knocked on that house last, and I'm knocking on that house next & my house it 10 blocks that way, so, I am haeading home...

Oh well, I'll buy one bag next year, if I'm still living here.
 
Mhmmm Ray, I remember them "starting" that when I was younger, and getting "yelled at" by people when I knocked on their door past 9pm. The whole "you know its getting late you should head home" speach. Allways had the reply of, well I knocked on that house last, and I'm knocking on that house next & my house it 10 blocks that way, so, I am haeading home...

Oh well, I'll buy one bag next year, if I'm still living here.

I would hate to bring up here the stuff my friends and I used to do back when I was in High School............. Pickup loads of pumpkins that we........ Uh, never mind;) :D At least where I live that stuff doesn't happen much anymore. Thank the Lord!
 
Think we only got four last night, what shall i do with all the chocolate,Mmmmm, wife's at work Mmmmm, i'm going to regret it later but what the heck, yummmmmy.

My neighbour got some 15 yr olds knocking so he gave them all a tea bag each and told them a brew would do them more good than chocolates,,, they were stunned and walked off very confused
 


Hi guys! We had a lot of fun and got so many goblins and spooks that the wife had to get into my stash of candy:( . Around here, they have you turn on your light if you wanted them to stop by. It usually runs from 6 -8PM and then its over. Yeah Ray, I know what you mean about some of the...uh...tricks. Unfortunately, people now get shot for less.
(Some mild ones to remember: soaping windows, corn thrown on the porch, squished pumpkins...?)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top