Coffee shop part 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning

Potofcoffeepouring.gif


Happy MRRing
freight.gif
 


Ray I've got a couple of those hearing aids. My problem is Tintinitus. The constent ringing makes it hard to make out any other sounds.

A very good friend of mine whom I taught with for many years (Instrumental Music) refuses to get his hearing tested. Afraid of what he already knows, I think. When anyone asks him if he has a hearing problem, he leans over and says, "Huh? What? Hearing? No, I can hear just fine, it's just this ringing in my ears........" He doesn't want to hear that that is what deafness sounds like. I am one of the lucky ones that the ringing pretty much stops if I have my hearing aids in. I hear nothing over 8000Hz in my left ear and little over 4000Hz in my right.
 
Unfortunatly the ringing doesn't stop when the hearing aids are in, I wish that it did. I've gotten used to the ringing so I don't notice it except when I'm talking about it, like now. The hearing aid in my left ear caused an infection that in turn caused the loss of my ear drum. I had to have an operation to replace it. Funny thing is I could hear better in my left ear without the ear drum. I rarely us the hearing aids now.
It's time to head for bed so I'll say good night.
 
I developed Tintinitus when I was in the Marines, cept the VA has not approved that as a medical problem yet, because I never saw anyone for it.

Seems the Tigers are falling apart, World Series, Cardinals lead 3 games to 1.
 


A very good friend of mine whom I taught with for many years (Instrumental Music) refuses to get his hearing tested. Afraid of what he already knows, I think. When anyone asks him if he has a hearing problem, he leans over and says, "Huh? What? Hearing? No, I can hear just fine, it's just this ringing in my ears........" He doesn't want to hear that that is what deafness sounds like.

Geez Ray

I didn't know you knew my Father:rolleyes:

Dad's has sold in just over a week, movers were in yesterday, My house is now a complete M.E.S.S. and not in the nicest kind of way:( boxes here, there and everywhere and the house closes November 1

Later All

Fergie
 
Ringing in the ears is all part of my day, you don't notice it after the first 20 years or so. just got a web cam and mike so i'll give skype a try i think

Skypee's have any of you still got Skype accounts, i want to give it a go now i'm back up and running

if you have a skype user name give me a PM with it, i'd rather not post the user names on here for the world to see
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin', Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

Jbaako, I hear D natural. What pitch did you end up with? :rolleyes:

Fergie, glad to hear that things are moving forward with your Dad's property. Good luck cleaning out and getting rid of all the boxes of stuff. Hope your Dad is still hanging in there! After my Father passed away and we sold the house, I was elected to be the one that took care of all that stuff. At one time I had a full basement, two spare bedrooms full, and a rental storage place completely full. I still have quite a bit of stuff down cellar and one bedroom floor to ceiling full of boxes that I have to go back through and send to auction. BTW that was from over 5 years ago. :confused:
 
Hi all , Been gone a few days in the Hospital .. Gee Paul , when I retired it was back in 1988 a medical retirement after 19 years service with Goodyear Tire Company all I got was a handshake and nice to have known you speach. Well I guess it's who you work for . Hope all have aral nice day. As far as hearing loss I can not imagine going through life eith out being able to hear. I had eye surgery in May and before that I couldn't see 10 feet in front of myself Boy you just can't imagine not being able to see also . So just wishing all turns out for everyone !!
 
Gee Paul , when I retired it was back in 1988 a medical retirement after 19 years service with Goodyear Tire Company all I got was a handshake and nice to have known you speach. Well I guess it's who you work for .

Ha! I got yelled at when I retired. I called my principal to let her know in person that I had sent in my "Letter" to the main office. She answered the phone and started yelling, "I heard this Awful Rumor! Tell me it isn't true......" I took it as a compliment. I got a couple nice cards from the other principals thanking me for my years of service and that they enjoyed working with me, and of course the obligatory "Apple for the Teacher" from the Teacher's Association. I was just thankful to get out of the stress and have enough to live comfortably for the rest of my life. That said, I had a great career and enjoyed it!
 
Hi everyone! Just been catching up on all the posts made while I was in the woods. Everything went well with the camping trip and met a lot of nice people our age (senior young people, ha!). Man, it was cold outside Tuesday and Wednesday night (34 and 38 degs.), but that made it right for a good campfire. We were plenty warm in the camper with 15 deg rated sleeping bags and the heater. Rained all day yesterday through this a.m.; we got soaked packing up to come home. Wouldn't you know that the sun popped out 30 minutes after we got home.:rolleyes:
I don't think either of us caught a cold...ah-h-h-h choooooo!:eek:

Josh: Happy Birthday! Sorry I am late.

Scotrail: WELCOME to the Coffee Shop and forum!

Fergie: Glad that you are finally getting a handle on the business end of things. My best wishes for your Dad.

NZKEN: That pile of lumber doesn't do you any good sitting on the floor. Let's get busy.

OldGetty: Paul glad you are ok and can be treated with medication. That is something no one needs to put off.

Paul/Ray: Woud'cha say?:confused: (I had to give up hunting because of hearing only 30% in my left ear. I couldn't tell where the sounds were coming from:( )
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Rex.

So, I should have known the Tiger's "miracle year" was nothing to be proud of, they just lost the series... Oh well, lets see how bad they can can do next year.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top