ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
"It's another rainy day,
Just a rainy, rainy day...." (In upstate NY)
Maybe I'll get the CD finished for Camp today...... Got 5 songs mixed, only 14 more to go. Some are short though (prayers and scripture readings, etc.). Might actually get in some Model Railroading too. Tomorrow is our NMRA Division Meet so I will be doing hobby oriented stuff all day...
We went to a train show today, posted some pic's on WPF, i bought a big bag of second hand stuff, mostly trucks, track accesories like signals, crossings and bags of little folks, i got about fifty oo scale people and fifteen HO scale people which i'll keep, the rest is going on ebay
Josh just submitted a quick short hints and tips article, let's hope it's easier than last time,
Nice one Josh.
the boys were up bright and early putting all the new lamp posts up and running some trains with the new auto transporters, we also got a nice arched station canopy which spans about 10" of track and platforms and it only cost £5. Link a link at the top i saw yesterday had some great tree shears advertised, they had jaws from 10" upto 20" and were designed for mounting on skid steers and excavators,,, very nice, i want one
Morning All. Just a cup of coffee this morning.Trying to warm up the old bones,also had to fire off the heater to warm the house. Well guys,we have have a trainshow here this week-end.10am to 6pm,10am to 5pm tomorrow.Just another good excuse to spend money on trains. .I helped a friend set up yesterday,but I won't make it down till later in the day.I have a project here to do,put new batteries in the smoke detectors. Ugh .Not a fun job,oh well.I hope everyone has a great week-end. Might try to post some photos of the show later on. Later guys.William.
William how you doing sir, i got new smoke detectors that work on mains power, you wire them into the lighting circuit, when one goes off they all go off, they talk to each other via the electrics and they have built in betterys that stay charged up.
Morning everyone! Thanks for the cup Luct; I really needed it.
William is right-on with the Brrrrrrr! We had a low of 38F last night, but man it's a good change from our hot summer. The wife and I are planning a camping trip next week and wouldn't you know, 50% cold rain for almost everyday is predicted. That's ok;we're FORD Tough!
William: Glad you mentioned changing out the smoke detector batteries. I need to do that. I try to remember by the suggestion of change time (from daylight savings)...change batteries. I won't make it to the Train Show this year. It seems that I have already spent my money on the Walthers sales catalog.
Steve: A.C. smoke detectors with battery backup is the way to go. You certainly don't want just a.c. type. The main house power is one of the first things to go in a fire and many times is the culprit to begin with.
Guess I will work some more on my building kits before I have to play football at 2:30. Bama faces #7 ranked Tennessee at Knoxville today and it will be a very tough game for us. I think we are an 11 point underdog. (if we could only get our ducks in a row... )
Rammer Jammer Yellowhammer! Giv'em Hell, Alabamer!
Roll Tide!
Good afternnon everybody ! Just came in from wiring some Halloween lights an my porch gutters. My daughter is 24 and still wants to see the decorations . I guess you never get too old to enjoy. Worked alittle on my railroad trying to get a new section up and going. have a party tonigh so I guess there will be no change to work on it today. At least it didn't rain here . Ha Ha . have a nice day whats left of it all. !!!
Hey! Who drank up all the coffee and ate the donuts? Get in here late and....... I just got home from the Lakeshores Division NMRA Meet in Auburn, NY today. They had some great clinics (Resin Casting and how to make the molds, A demo of the Scenic Express Super Tree Material and tree making, and a clinic on scratch building stone walls and scenery by Master Model Railroader Brian Curry), a Model Contest, and visits to several excellent layouts during the afternoon.
I visited the Cayuga Valley RR Modelers, and then went over to see Brian Curry's "n" scale MR. WHOA!!! I will be posting several photos of his work in the Weekend Photo Fun thread soon. Remember..... It is an "n" scale layout.
Hello Steve. Hello Rex. Evening all,well after a busy day,and spending time at the Trainshow,I'm beat. But let me tell you of all the neat toys I saw today. There weren't many layouts,but there are PLENTY of dealers,with all sorts of goodies. I came away with a new DT-400 throttle. I have some photos,but I am having some trouble getting them downloaded right. Folks,I have seen some of the newest sound equipped locos,new frieght car runs,just a lot of great items to make me spend my money. Tomorrow is the last day of the show,so I don't what I'll come home with. . Sorry to run,but it is late,and I am tired,so,I'll try to get some photos up soon. Steve ,I am doing well, just been a bit busy,how are you sir? I hate to cut and run,but I have a busy day tomorrow,so,I'll write later. Goodnight all.William.
Good Morning All! Another rainy day in Buffalo. So whats new . Maybe the rain will help the Bills beat the Patriots at Ralph Wilson stadium today. You never know. Well off to fix some Piggy Pudding , You all Have a nice sunday !!
Yep Paul, another hour it will be raining here in the Finger Lakes. Thanks for the Warning... Rochester has already had the average amount of rainfall for the month and there are six more days of rain forcast for the rest of this month. Drought's over! Since it is just to wet to get outside and finish the fall gardening work, I guess I will just have to go downstairs and do some "yard" work.