Coffee shop part 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Let me know if I can help with the movein stuff.

Paul Now thats snow. I which we got that much and I could stay at home like Ray!!:D

We'll be over soon with me chainsaw.

My ISP has announced that we get unlimited download speed from this Thursday!! It's only limitation is our phone lines etc. Wow I'll really be surfn the net.;)

I'm off to do a few Saturday jobs for some overtime $$ gotta pay for the electric fence!! And I want some more timber for the layout benchwork. :cool:

My neighbour is building a new house and are using the exact same timber that I use so i'll get all the offcuts later.

Ken.
 
Storm

Thanks Ken It's one big mess here. We dealt with a lot of snow before . It's this early snow that caught the Trees full of leaves. It pulled down alot of powerlines. I'm retired so I just sit tight and do what I can around my house. I can't wait to see what the cost of this storm is going to be. Should buy alot of Model train Stuff I bet !!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cold pizza and hot coffee for lunch here. Back from a few appliance repairs and I find our dishwasher not working:mad: I hate fixing my own stuff, sucks!!

I'll then be out on the mower I think (it's been two weeks since I mowed the lawn:eek: ) I need to check the meggar dollar drive belt first, I hit a piece of steel in the front paddock the other night!! Made a horrible noise.

catch ya'll later.

Ken.
 


The lawn can wait today, were off to watch the track and ballast being torn up two miles away, loads of infrastructure trains all in one place, the kids will love it
 
Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


10-14-06

:eek:

donuts.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

Busy Saturday here. Work day out at Boy Scout Camp and then help with set up for a deacons lunch for tomorrow.
 
Good Morning All

Well I was to have woken up to fog and rain but no it's sunny so I'll be working in the yard and garage today. The Contractor will be starting within the next two weeks, which means the garage will have to be cleared out and put in storage, Oh Joy! No MR'ng in the foreseeable future.

Dad is slowly on the mend but I fear not completely out of the woods yet as he has lost a lot of weight and is quite frail at this time. He has started physio and I suspect will remain in the hospital for another week or so.

His house is now on the market and hopefully will sell in the near future as his insurance company has declared his house vacant and will cancel the insurance within 90 days... &*$!*@!s

I put in another flower bed in the backyard as Dad wanted a rose garden for next summer so I still have a bit more plating to do as I bought another Rose of sharon, Abelia and a Ninebark(sic).

Time to shuffle fire wood and finish the house work!

Later All

Fergie
 
Good Morning all. I just had a chance to ride around part of our city and now I know what a tornado and Hurricane can be like. Total destruction of hundreds of trees in just one little part of our city. Ray or fergie if you need fire wood all you have to do is bring a chain saw and a big trailer to haul lot of wood in. I was lucky I didn't loose any power but lots of others did. only hope the sick and elderly were taken care of .I have a Mother-In law who is bedriden and my sister-in-law takes care of her .Their power wen tout but my nephew had a generator to at least run the furnace. My daughter works at a hardware store and she said anything that gave power , Batteries , Propane bottles, Generators and even hardwood sold out completely even though the store it self was without power. Now I can see how prepared people should be in case of an emergency like this. Gotta be stocked up with all the survival stuff. Well enough rambling .You folks have a real nice day This weekend I'm cutting wood in my yard !!!!!
 
Paul, I really feel for you guys. I saw some news clips and it is quite a mess. That's not the kind of snow I like.
Stay warm.
 


Paul, what a mess you folks have over there to the west. Reminds me of the ice storm a few years ago, we were without power for about 3 days here in Geneva. Luckily being a Boy Scout Leader, I am well prepared for such things..... My next door neighbor was out of town and got back in town the day after power went out. They pulled onto our street and he says to his wife, "hey look, we've got power! Lights are on at Ray's house." She looks at him and says, "Dear, what does Ray do?" He says, "$#%!....." Good luck with the clean-up!
 
You know, sawing a metal chassis to fit another unit can be annoying? I hope I can finish it today and post some pics.
 
mornin all,,,
We went to our friends official leaving party last night in there barn on the farm, what a great night everyone had, all 450 people. The band played till 2am, what struck me was how many people turned up with over 24 cans of beer each, one guy had 14 cans in under half an hour, i recon this lot could drink anybody under the table, i have to say the irish lads were in a league of there own. We are out with them again for a bit more of a sedate night out on tuesday. time to go watch some trains

Later folks
 
Good Morning All

Another glorious but cool (48f) here in Nova Scotia but warm enough to go riding in shorts.We've had three inches of rain in the past two days better than snow but still very wet. I finished planting Dad's Rose Garden yesterday before the rains started again.

Ray: With all the snow on the ground how does your neighbour mow the lawn every day?

On a sadder noteit was mentioned in the other CS on the MR forum that RT lost his mother the other day. Not sure of the details but quite a shock to him none the less.

Today I mount the assault on the garage as I have to have it cleared out before the builders start within the next week or so. In other words another week of no MR'ng[:(]

Steve: Being a couple of generations removed from my Irish ancestory this may explain a few things...

Later All

Fergie
 
Mornin' Luc!

Mornin' Bill!

Fergie, you just mow the areas around the drifts..... LOL Actually the Finger Lakes got nothing in the way of snow and little rain out of the storm. By mid November he will put away the mower and switch over to snow shoveling mode.;) Hope your Dad enjoys the rose garden you have put in. Bet it will be beautiful in a couple of years.

Steve, I used to tell the 8th graders at school that I was mostly English with some German, Irish, Scotch, and Bourbon mixed in......:D (Actually Howard is a Scottish Name. Me Grrrnandma were a Rrrobinsoon as weall!)
 
:) Good Day all! :) It's coffee time no matter what time it is at your place.

Guess Paul is out shoveling snow. I have to find my insulated coveralls and gas up the truck, then I will be on my way up to get Ken and Ray some firewood. Are you going to be on time, Steve.:D

Had another big college football day with a lot of surprises. Fortunately (and barely), Alabama won theirs. Sorry Gator Dave that Florida didn't win theirs. You guys had a bad call on the fumble/incomplete pass hastle.

I have managed to get started on the Walthers Consolidated Dairy kit. As I previously wrote, it is a big kit of 5 kits. That complicates matters when you have to find all the parts. The two large structures are from the "Modular Kits" and are fun to work with. Guess I could write a product review for it.

Ya'll have a good'un! REX
 
RexI may be late i'm eating a KFC chicken meal, i have been on the roof at nicolas grans house, some tiles had slipped close to the edge so they had to be re secured to the rotten woodwork (for now anyway), then we had to get rid of her bed and swap it for single beds as grandads ruined it, the joys of getting old.
RT i'm very sorry to hear your news
 


At a station stop, the railroad's president walked up to the locomotive and spoke to the engineer. "You were going 65 mph and the speed limit is only 60 mph, I saw it myself on the speedometer in the business car!" After a heated exchange, the engineer finally said "you couldn't possibly have been going 65, my speedometer said 60 mph and we never saw you go by us!"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top