Coffee shop part 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

Ken and Josh, it was very fortunate that there weren't more deaths or injuries in the plane crash. Scary!
 
Afternoon everyone, hope your all well. I heard about the plane hitting the building in NY, I bet that brought back some memories for the victims and family's of 9/11, scary stuff.
Dad's not well again, he's had the night from hell after the administration of a "Soul purifiying agent":eek: i was up at his house helping mum clean up the mess late last night, poor dad:o
 
Afternoon all. My prayers go out to Cory Liddle's family. Very tragic event . Another rainy cold day here. Gonna build an Arc I guess. snow heading are way tonigth oh boy can't wait .have a nice day all !!
 


SNOW! Wow! I haven't seen snow in 15 years. I love the stuff. We will have mid 40's tonight and upper 30's tomorrow night. Yea! Got the fireplace ready.
 
We're expecting upper 60's today and strong Nor-west winds, yay heat at last!!

Only problem,, the winds tend to blow trees over:eek: and interrupt power supplies:mad: and make everybody a bit nutty.:rolleyes:

Nearly got the lights back in the ceiling in the train room, I may have a clean out at the weekend and take a photo.

I seem to be spending MR money elsewhere, dam goat kept jumping the fence into the neighbours until I ran an electric wire round:D that stopped him!! a nice big spark onto his nose:eek:

Ken.
 
Kenway to go Ken, it will be great to see the new and improved room, i got a bug zapper in the shape of a tennis bat, it's only got two little batterys but a bloody great capacitor discharge unit built in and boy does that hurt, if you discharge it straight away you get a nasty little shock but of you leave it for thirty seconds then touch it, WOW it almost pulls your arm out of joint and makes you do an involuntery dance, a bit like break dancing. anyway i'm going to pop the question tonight, do we stay or do we go, i have my homework all ready with all the facts and figures, LOL i'll have to say a little prayer first i recon
 
Maybe if you stress the fact that if things don't work out, you can always and easily go back to GB. Oh, don't forget to mention that you will let her go back home for visits (when you have the money;) ). Go for it Steve and good luck.:)
 
Popped the question and told her about the benefits but she's not very keen, she's worried about job problems and other stuff about having to come back to the UK if things don't work out, i know once were there we'll not regret it, we'll be financially stable, a damn sight better off than we are now with our mortgage anyway. what we want is somebody else from NZ to talk to her in person about all the good things
 
Steve:
Without a doubt, it would be an adventure and a huge step in both of your lives. I believe the biggest problems you would have to face is the cutting of close ties to the family/friends and the change in the comfort you have with your existing environment. If you or your wife are very tightly connected to family, then it is possible for this to create difficulties later.

I certainly would try to think of all the things that could go wrong and build-in some options to fall back on. Maybe you guys could visit NZ and get a better perspective of the country and the living/working environment that you would have. More than not, people and travel logs don't tell the whole story.
 


Rex your right about the familly ties, i think this would be a problem, i'd be lying if i said it wouldn't, as for a holiday, it would take us years to save up enough to go. we would have to sell the house to release the money to do it and stay in temporary accomodation like our friends are doing at present, they are off to australia next week for good, what ever the outcome we'll live with it.
I have some close friends who i work with as well as familly members who know NZ as well as Ken, they are not there simply because there partners don't want to go and leave there familly which i fully understand,
damn life is a real pain,

Hey i'm upto 1'000 posts
 
Highly doubt it was a wrong turn, as he was flying with his flight instructor. Its very doubtable that the flight instructor wouldn't knwo they were turning wrong. FAA stated they radio'd in engine trouble just after taking off, and there could have been a "catastrophic" engine, or rudder failure that caused him to veer off into Manhatten, and hit a building.

What caught me, as everyone else said, 9/11 flashbacks. I was moving a car out from the garage after an oil change (at work) and I hear them report it on the radio. The didn't say much though, just "a 4 seat plane hit a building..." then commercials. So I called me wife and asked her to find it on TV, I said to her "Turn on the TV, to the news, and find out what plane hit what building, and where."

Then when I got home I found out it was Chuck Liddle...
 
Good morning

Potofcoffeepouring.gif


Happy MRRing
freight.gif
 
Morning / afternoon and evening Ken,

how are we all today, i hope your problems are small ones, i'm going full speed trying to find information for the CFO's she's decided that there are no real prospects workwise here so she's split 50/50 at the moment about emigrating, she's looking into Australia now as well,,, I'm getting very excited but i better not start packing my bags just yet
 
Mornin' Luc!

Mornin' Bill!

Steve, sounds like the plan might fly after all.... That's a big decision for you and the wife to make. Hope it works out well for all of you!
 
Snow Storm

Hi all by now I'm sure you've heard of the worst October snow storm in the Buffalo area in over 150 years. Over 200, 000 without power some not till Monday and Tuesday . here's some pictures of the damage to an Old Maple tree behind my house and yesterday morning I just took down my retractable awning off the patio. boy I guess I was a little lucky but one big limb took out the corner of my gutter.:( A fast way to get the leaves out of my tree
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! A hundred miles to the East and we got not even a snowflake amid some doom and gloom predictions. Lake effect is hard to predict. This was the worst early storm for a long time, hope it is not a prediction of what this winter is like. I have my snow blower out and started already. I can just sit at home and play with my trains when it gets too bad, so come on Winter....
 


Ken and Rex Let's get over to Pauls and cut up that tree for him, Ken We'll do the choppin and Rex you can do the haulin in your truck, better get some long trousers on though it look's a bit nippy:cool:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top