Coffee shop part 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was just about ready to say goodmorning to you all this AM when I had to leave to split wood at my Sister-in-law's cottage on Canadaigua Lake (well near the lake - isn't actually right on the lake). Had to haul my log splitter all the way over there. The forecast was for cloudy sky all day, but the sun came out and it has been a great fall day here in the Finger Lakes. Got all the 3 to 4 foot diameter rounds split down to small enough for one person to load in the truck. Just dropped my son off and got back home when he and his wife pulled in the driveway. They were all grins! Seems that I am going to be a Grandfather!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D As I said, A great day here in the Finger lakes!
 


Hey Ray congrats. Is this the the first?

Yep, this will be Grandchild #1! I am just praying for a healthy child for them. My son turns 40 later this month. When I was his age I had a 19 year old kid....:rolleyes: He got married a little over a year ago. They are very excited about this as could be expected.
 
Good morning

Potofcoffeepouring.gif


Happy MRRing
freight.gif
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin'Luc!

Steve, Paul, & Ken, thanks! For years the joke around my family is that at every family gathering, I would put on my "Grumpy Old Men" face and say something to the effect of "Hurry up! I want grandkids!" I am so happy for them. They will make great, loving parents!

I have to put the finishing touches on a Railroad Merit Badge and World's Greatest Hobby presentation tonight for Boy Scout Leaders.

' later!
 
Congrats Ray! I have two and wish there were dozens. Grandkids are very special, as you will soon learn. The Very Best to the parents-to-be.
 


Congratulations ! Ray on being a new Grandfather and Paul on being one . I'm still waiting for my first . my oldest daughter had major femal sugery this past may and the only way she can get pregnant is by IvVtro . So I'm glad for modern medicine. My son has a girlfriend so maybe in the future. Well gotts paint some more in between the rain. Oh yeah Ray cold weather is almost on top of us. their perdicting wet snow for late tomorrow and friday so better get that wood cured fast . have a great day all!!!
 
Come and have a sit down Ray, you don't want to over do it.

Just got my C30-7, what a fantastic model, only one little problem was the rear truck was catching on some plastic flash on the step which meant de railments, so out with the knife and off with the flash now all's well, Ken when yours is running at speed does it surge forward a bit every 1/4 second or so in time with the engine, it's got me bemused, maybe it's newness
194974229.gif
 
Ah no don't think so Steve, it was pretty good out of the box. My SD40-2's were horrible till they had some running time so your probably right just give it a little breaking in.

Ken.
 
i'll give it a running in, BTW just looked at the NZ expression of intrest form,,, lord o lord, it will take days to fill that in, if i can persuade the other half, i need her friends to give her a good talking to
 
Hi Gang: Fall is offically here. I lit the pilot light on the furnace tonight. It's supposed to get colder tomorrow getting down to the 40s tomorrow night. Boy, that's going to feel good.
I'm off to bed. I'll see you all tomorrow.
Good Night
 
"Boy, that's going to feel good."
Paul anything below 70 is to danged cold for me but I cannot gett he better half to move to the year round warm. The grandkids have her tied to the ole homestead.
 
Yeah saw it at lunch, people thought it was 911 again. The guy only had is pilot licence 7 months. Took a wrong turn I guess?

Ken.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top