Coffee shop part 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon,
Fergie

The thing about Nz is all my electrical stuff will work, but none of it will work in the US or Canada because of the voltage differance, that's not to say i wouldn't move over the pond, i fancy that too, LOL desisions desicions

Electrical is universal, doesn't matter where you stand you'll get hit by lightening eventually. Nice thing about 110V is that the hair doesn't singe as bad a 220! Don't ask how I know, I just do:rolleyes: And the tongue is still the best way to find a live circuit:p

Thanks for the story btw. Nice to know someone had a ball!

Dad is still making ground but very gradually.

Fergie
 
Electrical is universal, doesn't matter where you stand you'll get hit by lightening eventually. Nice thing about 110V is that the hair doesn't singe as bad a 220! Don't ask how I know, I just do:rolleyes: And the tongue is still the best way to find a live circuit:p

Fergie

Ah yes but if the item is the same wattage as ours e:g 1kw heater, your current, which does the burning, is higher so if you happened to be in series with said heater watch out!! Ouch!!:D

Ken.
 
Fergie i'll give the oral electrical test a miss i think, those amps hurt enough on the fingers, never mind on the tongue.
just been to the dentist with the now very quiet wife, she had a wisdom tooth out an hour ago, Ah, the peace and quiet,,, nice
 


Good morning

Potofcoffeepouring.gif


Happy MRRing
freight.gif
 
Ah yes but if the item is the same wattage as ours e:g 1kw heater, your current, which does the burning, is higher so if you happened to be in series with said heater watch out!! Ouch!!:D

Ken.

Oh yah those amps kill every time! We have 15 amp service on 110 circuits. Circuits for base board heaters, dryers and Stove is 220v:D If I'm anywhere near those circuits the main board is Locked Out! We're fortunate as the house is rigged for 200 amp service. Our 1st house was 60 amp service so if I fired up the Radial Arm Saw every light in the house flickered and went very dim:eek:

Well not much new as I'm hoping this is my last day at Dad's place before it goes on the market. Dug up some of the grass in the backyard this morning as it will be turned into Dad's new rose bed as I dug up some roses from his place yesterday.

Later All

Fergie
 
Steve, that could mean that mine are on the way.......

Oh! Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc! I just got excited, sorry.

I hate to tell you guys, but 110 can kill just as easily as 220. I used to work for the phone company during the summers when I was at college. In one office where I worked cutting in phone lines, we used to get knocked on our kesters daily by accidentally touching exposed 90 volt fire alarm circuits. 110° in the frame room, wipe sweat off brow, reach in and hit the alarm circuit with one hand with the other on a grounded metal pole. Woke you up in a hurry! Luckily it was measured in milliamps so other than a barrage of nasty language it didn't do any damage. Yep, I make sure the power is off at the main breaker and check the circuit twice before working on the electric!
 
Hello Gent's

are we happy campers today

Ray my building blocks came from Hunter scenery Co in florida, i ordered them before i found out David did em

just found out the rail replacment programs going to run for months to come, they are a half mile further down the line this weekend in a very good photogenic spot.
 
Just had the best corned beef ever, geeze I'm a lucky man!! come home to clean house and a tidy garden and a cooked meal. Then a nice walk with me girls down to the corner and back (Brigette on her trike with me pushing on a broom handle).

Ken.
 


Hi All: Bill I'm sorry but I can't partake in your donuts. My blood sugar has been all over the place lately. I'll have to get back on my sugar free diet and be more carefull.
We've been having a lively descusion of about the Norsemen in North America across the street. I got it started when Der wished us down here a happy Columbus Day. In my opinion he was 492 years late in getting to the New World. My folks were here in 1000ad.
I haven't done much in the MRR way. I did get some more work on the Cliffs shaft headframe Saturday. and Sunday. Yesterday I found the pop-up Roadrunner had lost a couple of bolts and fallen over. The rides operators didn't call it in and he spent the night beating his head against the wall. Now I know what I'll be doing for the next 4 or 5 days.
Time to punch in so I'd better get going.
See you all later.
 
Good Morning All. Another nice day in the NorthEast but cold weather is coming our way . Going to get my annual Flu Shot this morning . .guys electric can sure give you a nice shock period . I'm with Paul . I'll skip the donuts also and stick to my oatmeal . Hope everyone has a dandy of a day !!!
 
Since I came by at lunch time, guess I will skip the donuts as well. However, I will have the hot roast beef sandwich and apple pie. I would have some of Ken's corned beef, but I would bet that he hogged it all :p .

Ken, ain't life fine! :)

Steve, you mentioning the difference in power reminded me of when Carolyn and I were in Bangkok for a couple of years. We had to use step-down transformers for all of our electrical. They were ugly green things that you just plugged into and they were all over the house. All of us "foreigners" got used to seeing them and paid no attention.

Having worked in electrical/electronics all my working life, I can tell you that it all can hurt if conditions are right. Man, I have had some jolts that knocked me down and sizzled my teeth fillings (3 phase, 480v). You don't have to be afraid of it, but always respect it all!:eek:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've only seen photo's of burns from 3 phase but man it looks nasty. We're lucky to have you!!:D

There is a bit of corned beef left, but you better hurry lunch is in 4 hours! YUUUMMMMM

We are going to win the lotto draw tonight so I'll be making plans to see some of the USA soon, will have to get some addresses to have a visit!!
http://www.nzlotteries.co.nz/Games/BigWednesday/default.aspx

Oh man I want it real bad.

Ken.
 
Fortunately, I only got across one phase to ground and had only touched it and didn't grab it. The bad part is I was standing on wet concrete and leaning across a steel pipe. My muscles were sore for a week after the jolt. My friend got it at the local tire plant. It was bad enough that it burned his hands and had to have skin grafts.

Good luck with the lottery. If you win, I want you to send me a ticket to NZ. I will stay in your garage.:D
 
I'll have all the Donuts bill

Paul nice work over the street, i wondered what all the shouting was about

Didn't get diddly squatt on the lottery, oh well, another £ of my emigration fund down the pan,,, talking emigration Ken, i am expecting a call from your end of the world regarding a job offer, WAHEY,now all his orders are getting top priority, once thats in the bag i can use it as leverage with the CFO, she's getting fed up with work now. They took another member of staff off her shift so she's now only got one quallified nurse and two helpers for 20 + beds on medical admissions, not fun.

The C30-7 is awaiting collection at the post office depot, i'll get it tommorow, can't wait, just a little matter of import duty to pay.

I'm sitting on top, top of the world, and i'm rollin along just rollin along
 


Luc I can't tell you what the weather is going to be like this winter , but I never seen so many crickets around my house as never before . Don't know if it's a cycle or a weather Perdicter !!!! Oh yes I live right across the border from Niagara Falls , Ontario
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top