Coffee shop part 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon,
Fergie you may as well go to college and do a full medical coarse, it should be a breeze with all the hands on practice you have had, maybe carey can help. Tell you what, that was a lot of fluid on dad's lung, i'll praying for him.

The thing about Nz is all my electrical stuff will work, but none of it will work in the US or Canada because of the voltage differance, that's not to say i wouldn't move over the pond, i fancy that too, LOL desisions desicions
 
The trip to the coast was abandoned due to the weather, but instead we found out the line near home was being replaced and electric trains were being diverted, there were five balast and track trains in the section but what a bad spot for pictures, no chance with all the fencing and trees

heres an EMD powered class 57 hauling a dead Virgin Pendalino
193706721.gif


and the reason for the diversions, no track, on the far track you can see 1/2 mile of new track and later today hundreds of new concrete ties are due to arrive, by tommorow morning it will be laid and ready for the final ballasting and lining
193706748.gif


and hiding in the bushes an EMD powered class 66
193706729.gif
 
Last edited by a moderator:


By the way folks, we're now on the new server. Welcome back, and the coffee shop is once again open for business...

If I drank coffee, I could probably use a cup right now... But I don't so I guess I'll have a nice cold Pepsi.
 
Bob
Thank you for the great job in keeping us up and running here on the Forums.

Fergie
I am glad your dad is improving. My dad who is 88 years young is going in Monday for gall blader removal. Three small inscisions and home before hte end of the day. I hope all goes well for him and it should as he is in good health for his age.
 
Bob
Thank you for the great job in keeping us up and running here on the Forums.

Fergie
I am glad your dad is improving. My dad who is 88 years young is going in Monday for gall blader removal. Three small inscisions and home before hte end of the day. I hope all goes well for him and it should as he is in good health for his age.

Larry, that is amazing. My late wife had her gall bladder removed when she was about 30 back in the 70's. She had a scar from her breastbone all the way to the middle of her abdomin, was in the Hospital for 3 days, and couldn't go back to work for six weeks. Things have sure changed. Hope everything goes well for your Dad!

Bob, the new server sure seems fast! Good upgrade.
 
Bob, the new server sure seems fast! Good upgrade.

Glad to hear that... For what this place is costing me per month I could buy a fast car, so I'm glad to hear it's quick.

It will probably slow down a bit once I migrate railroadforums.com over here too, that site typically has over 100 people online at a time. But hopefully it will still run quick.
 
Glad to hear that... For what this place is costing me per month I could buy a fast car, so I'm glad to hear it's quick.

Ouch...

Well, hopefully we can work something out with that advertising. Maybe even a multi-site deal. You won't be getting a fast car, but you'd rather play with trains anyway, right? :D
 
Ouch...

Well, hopefully we can work something out with that advertising. Maybe even a multi-site deal. You won't be getting a fast car, but you'd rather play with trains anyway, right? :D

Well I wouldn't call it "playing" but yes I enjoy traveling by rail.

Here's a shot from last weekend.
 


Well the new ceiling is almost in, I've just glued and screwed thin MDF to the gib (drywall or should that be dryceiling?) now I don't have any gaps and saggy bits for dust to fall thru.

I need to work out where the downlights need to be above the isles so I'm marking out the bench outline with masking tape on the floor. This is exciting work but not suitable for photos what a mess!!

I've done this mostly today (Sunday) while watching the great race on tv http://www.supercheapauto1000.com/ Man it's a huge day for motorsport fans down under.

Ken.
 
We get that on the TV here as well Ken, exciting stuff.
well they got the rail down and ballasted over night, they men were just welding the ends together and then the tamper and liner will go to work later.

here the mold has been fitted and the molten metal is dropping into the mold welding the rails together
193930442.gif
 
UNDERWEAR IS IMPORTANT!!

Always wear clean underwear in public, especially when working under your
vehicle...

From the Northwest Florida Daily News comes this story of a Crestview couple who drove their car to Wal-Mart, only to have their car break down in the parking lot.

The man told his wife to carry on with the shopping while he fixed the car in the lot. The wife returned later to see a small group of people near the car.

On closer inspection, she saw a pair of male legs protruding from under the chassis. Although the man was in shorts, his lack of underpants turned private parts into glaringly public ones.

Unable to stand the embarrassment, she dutifully stepped forward, quickly put her hand UP his shorts, and tucked everything back into place.

On regaining her feet, she looked across the hood and found herself staring at her husband who was standing idly by.

The mechanic, however, had to have three stitches in his forehead.
 
Mornin' Bill! What a great breakfast this morning. Was great with a cup of that coffee Luc brought in.

Mornin' Luc!

Steve, ROFLMAO!!!
 
Good Morning all & afternoon, Breakfast looks good Coffee & eggs but I have to settle for oatmeal going out for brunch, Nice sht of the railwork Steve . Have a very nice sunday .Only hope its half as sunny & warm as in Our part of the country today
 
Bill, thanks for the great breakfeast this a.m., particularly the gravy and biscuits. I ate it all while doing a fast check on here and then took off to finish my garage cleaning project. With the help of the boss lady, it is all done (thank goodness). Now, I can get back to some serious kit building in-between other to-do's.

Don't know how many of you are college football fans, but yesterday was a real blast for armchair fans. (thats why I had to finish the garage this morning:o )

Steve: That was really funny! That happening in Crestview, Fla. (near Pensacola), that may have been GatorDave under the car with a big smile.:D :D Enjoyed your photos. Man, I need those guys to lay my track...they are fast.

Bob: Many thanks for a job well done. We appreciate all the time you put in to make this a great forum.
 
Bob: Many thanks for a job well done. We appreciate all the time you put in to make this a great forum.

Thanks for the compliments.

Glad you posted, it was so quiet around here I was beginning to wonder if I broke something. On the other hand I was transferring huge amounts of data this afternoon to get RailroadForums online here, so the place was probably slow at times.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top