Coffee shop one-three

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris: I know how you feel. I usually get that thing every couple of years. Managed to dodge it this year. Sometimes I get it so bad I sound like Wolfman Jack!

My wife got a fax from my DR. yesterday and they said I have pneumonia! She negleted to tell me this yesterday:rolleyes: that would explain alot:rolleyes: I sound like wolfman jack diong a impression of mickey mouse:D doing and impression of donold duck:D:D:D:D:D
 
Merry Christmas everyone!

Philip, I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. He sounds like quite the hero.

I hosted not one, but two Christmas gatherings yesterday. My wife's sisters and father came for lunch, then my entire family came for dinner. We cooked a ham for lunch and a turducken for dinner. We'll have food for weeks after this holiday season. All in all things went fairly well. The kids that gave the mandate to have trains running by Christmas didn't even see the real layout. They were too busy running the G scale Christmas train under the tree. After all, that train has sound!

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! I'm off to the in-laws for the whole day. I get to sit and do nothing instead of cooking all day. Well, I may eat and drink a lot!
 


Thank you all for your kind words. They mean a lot.

Today is another day though. It's a day to celebrate! We celebrate the birth of a child!

standing_nativity.png


Merry Christmas To All!
 
View attachment 11603

A Very Merry Christmas from Ye Olde London Towne.

Phillip, my condolences. Its never easy but at least he had a wonderful afternoon with family.

Christmas here started with a 4:45am dash to Gatwick airport to pick up Liz's mum. Other than that its been a rather quiet day. Lots of nice small prezzies this year for all. The only train related stuff was a calendar and a book on the London Underground. Must dash back to the kitchen as I'm the cook. Turkey with all the trimmings, and from scratch. No packet gravy or stuffing. I'm starting to feel like Jamie Oliver. Lubbly jubbly.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and happy day, and that Santa brought everything you hoped for.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon all

Philip you have my deepest sympathy, blessings to you and your family at this sad time.

Wolfman Chris Thats bad news, do i not fancy that, drink plenty of water mate it's vital stuff.

Well i got a big pile of Chocolate and more Chocolate, and to think i am trying to stop eating anything sweet, what torture ;)
 
Well i got a big pile of Chocolate and more Chocolate, and to think i am trying to stop eating anything sweet, what torture ;)

Steve, let me Wispa something to you. Don't try to be a Hero, just nip down to Quality Street before you become a Flake from the lack of choccies. :D:D
 
Steve, one of the presents from my Daughter had "Must Open First" on it. So I opened and it was a half eaten chocolate bar with a note: "Sorry, Dad! The temptation was too great. He! He! He!"
I'll get her back next year....:D :D
 
A good Christmas afternoon, everyone.

Chris, did the doctor say it was bacterial or viral pneumonia? Are you on antibiotics? If this is really pneumonia, it's nothing to fool with. Really, people do die from it. I know you hate to slow down but it may save your life to do so this time. I wouldn't give Uncle Karen those razors either - running fast won't be good for your system. :)

KB, nice FU2 Christmas card. I wonder how many non-railfans will look at it and think it's just a nice engine?

Andrew, your Christmas card is a beauty too. Is that G scale running in real snow? I have no idea what you said to Steve but I suspect it's some kind of British code. Sounds like you're going to have quite the dinner though.

Corey, all that work and the kids just wanted a big train around the tree that made noise. Imagine that! :D

Steve, sounds like you're going to have a serious sugar jag by now.

Rex, I like that chocolate present. Sounds like she got her sense of humor from her dad. ;)

Had a few showers yesterday that added up to a paltry .08 inches of rain. The front is now stalled south of here and it's cloud but still mild at 61 degrees. A lot better than Christmas in Cleveland, where it's 25 and snowing. I hope you are all having a great Christmas day with good food, good family, and good friends.
 
Merry Christmas everyone! I'm guessing most of you in the Eastern and Central time zones are enjoying Christmas dinner right about now.

Philip - I'm sorry I missed the post about your grandfather! :( Another member of the Greatest Generation has departed. At least he went quickly, in the company of people he loved.

I'm slowly starting to get my strength back, eating dry cereal and drinking clear liquids. Slept until ~2:30pm. The rest of the fam went to the M-I-L's house (where my Alabama relatives are staying while they're in town). I'll just take it easy and hope I'll be back to normal on Friday.

Chris - I remember getting pneumonia back in January 1997. Don't let it fool you, it's nasty stuff! That is what killed Jim Henson (creator of The Muppets) because he waited too long to seek medical attention.

Karl - nice card with the FU-II on it! No, I haven't been in the trainroom - I can't stay standing for more than a minute or two. Even if I did - I'm sure that as long as you don't put any of the Katos in your mouth, you'll be safe! :D

Corey - isn't that always the way it goes, LOL! I guess next year you'll have to skip having the G trains under the tree...?

Steve - weight is the least of my worries, I always get a severe migraine if I eat all the chocolate thats offered to me at Christmastime!

Jim - you and Bing Crosby got nuthin' in common, LOL! At least a little more rain wouldv'e been a nice Christmas gift to the region.

Rex - I did end up wrapping a few of the gifts, the ones that were not in plain brown boxes. Didn't want it to be too obvious what they were...
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Andrew, your Christmas card is a beauty too. Is that G scale running in real snow? I have no idea what you said to Steve but I suspect it's some kind of British code. Sounds like you're going to have quite the dinner though.

Jim, that is 1:1 scale of my favourite soon to be modelled location. Guess where? :D Took that pic last Christmas and just slapped the text over it as a last minute e-card.

The 'code' was simply bad puns based on English choccies. Wispa & flake are chocolate bars, Heros and Quality Street are mixed boxed choccies.
 
Jim, Not to worry from Uncle Karen, even sick I still can out run her old butt!:D Dang woman is scary:eek: Not sure what type of pneumonia I gots? I'm going to see the DR. tomarrow to see if I can get any thing stronger:confused: The coughing has gone way down but I still feel real run down and such! I'm not as hungry as I usually am? I ate one plate of food and feels like a lead brick:( I'm fine when standing or sitting up but if I lay down I have a hard time breathing.:( I like to sleep lying down;) Last night must of got 4 hr's of sleep:rolleyes: O'well!

Ken, I got the DR. on it:rolleyes: But Dr's these days stink! At least the one's I've been too:rolleyes:

Steve I've been drinking water like a fish, and it goes out just as fast!LOL's............................... Don't worry mate, I will beat this thing:)
 
Family was over today. I had to pick up my friend from the airport so naturally I missed all the gift giving. But my sisters did manage to get me golfball pool thing and a 10 dollar gift card. Family gift exchange where we all get 3 things.

Showed my little cousins and my uncle the train room. They are jealous of what I have. I may box some of it up and send over to their house so my cousins can have some more rolling stock.
 
Andrew, I see it now - Essex, Montana. Those danged G scale folks are so good that it's hard to tell if it's real or a model.

Ken, I guess my attempt at song lyrics isn't too good. :) We're starting to get into a more rainy pattern so there's some hope we can make a dent in the drought. Saturday looks like another chance at severe storms so I'm hoping we can avoid those and still get some wet stuff. I'm glad to hear you're at least feeling a little better. Sleep is the best thing you can get.

Chris, make sure you tell the doctor you have difficulty breathing when laying down. That's significant with pneumonia and should affect what kinds of medication she gives you. Of course, going to the doctor won't do you much good unless you actually follow doctor's orders, like staying home and taking it easy. :rolleyes:

Dan, just use the gift certificate before all the retailers starts going bankrupt next week. :eek:

Just drizzle and overcast here but the temperature is still 58 so pretty good for Christmas night. I actually had some time to detail a Hot wheels garbage truck tonight. Some of those Hot wheels come out OK if they happen to be near HO scale and don't have the ridiculous fat tires. The girls are all going out on a shopping marathon tomorrow so I hope that means I'll actually get to do some work on the layout without being asked to take something down or put something up every 10 minutes.
 
Mornin all

another night of sleeplessness, the kids have all got flu, the wifes moaning on about them having flu, she's driving me insane AGHHHHHHHHH, thats me done now i'm sneaking out before they all get up
 
Good Morning all from Ye Olde London Towne.

Happy Boxing day. For those unfamiliar with the day its an English and Canadian holiday where originally the wealthy 'boxed' their surplus for the poor. It was also a tradition where householders swapped places with the servants for a few hours.

These days it means boxing up all the rubbish gifts for exchanging and having fist fights in the shops. :D

I may actually get a couple of hours to start fixing all the fiddly bits to one of my ac4400s. Other than that, it'll be a quiet day with a pub lunch while watching some Morris Dancers. (how traditional and silly is that)
 
Good morning.

It's 68 and very cloudy and wet here. The high is expected to be in the mid 70's and and it will be mostly cloudy with a small chance of rain.

Well yesterday I got $90 cash (always useful), 2 DVD's (Kung Fu Panda, 10,000 BC) and an assortment of scale vehicles. Problem is, they're the wrong scale. I model HO (1/87) and they're all 1/64. They'll be going back to the store as soon as possible. Yesterdays Christmas dinner was my favorite. Tex-Mex! My sister makes these things she calls enchiritos (combination of burrito and enchilada). These things are the size of paving bricks! Most people can't tackle one, I went through two and still had room for the spanish rice, refried beans, salad and stuffed pepper. Topped it off with a glass of lemon tea. When I checked my blood sugar this morning it was 140. Anything between 80 and 150 is good so at least I didn't overdo it. I hope everybody has a good day.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/26/2008


Wind Chill: 68°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 68°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 17mph NNE

Today High: 75 Patchy fog early in the morning. Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds 10 to 20 mph.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s. South winds around 15 mph.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010726.jpg
 
Good morning folks

It was 32 F and dry for a change. High today will be 43 F. Guess what we have more rain coming tomorrow.

I hope everybody has a great Christmas. We had a nice family Christmas with a huge Christmas breakfast and a great ham dinner. There were some presents too. The only train item I got was an out of production Atlas Lehigh & New England covered hopper. The only place I have seen it has been on EBay and I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to get it. My wife and kids found it at a hobby shop and my son knowing I like the L&NE and since they saw nothing else insisted they get it. My daughter got my son a couple of Athearn blue box kits that were already assembled. He also got the Lego train.

I do have to hit the store return lines this weekend. We have one item that does not fit and another that was broken in shipping. We also have the biweekly grocery shopping. I would like to start working on the layout again. I will have to do some cleaning and straightening first.

Happy Boxing Day.

Phillip, you have our deepest sympathies.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 


andrew Pub lunch sounds good to me mate, no chance of that here with the plague ridden lot all around me, no. So a drive round the garden in the tank was in order.
Got a surprise call from a NZ friend last night, but he was in Ye Olde London towne, Kings College hospital to be exact with his dad who's in a very bad way with heart trouble, if he makes it through the next day he should be OK.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top