Coffee shop one-three

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon, everyone.

Been busy the last few days finishing up Christmas shopping. Walmart at midnight is a lot more fun than Walmart at noon. :) Even Target, K-Mart, and Belk, our local department store, have been staying open for 24 hours the last several days. You don't think this means retailers are expecting a really good Christmas, do you?

Chris, I hope you're feeling better but stay away from that beer! It's dehydrating, which is the last thing you need. Lots of water, like Steve said, and rest. Your body is trying to tell you something if you listen.

Sandy, I really hated it when the T-Birds started flying those T-38's. I mean, a trainer is not a proper aircraft for fighter pilots to use for aerobatic shows. My brother is a pilot and big Flight Simulator fan. I've flown under the Golden Gate Bridge once - all the other times I smacked right into it. Probably why he's the pilot and I'm not. :D I hope those extra shifts aren't too hard on you. If you really want a Jag, better get one quick. Ford is about to dump the Jag line and I don't think there are many buyers lined up willing to bid on it.

Larry, nice work on those lamps. I could never do anything that nice. I like the one with cat. He looks like our oldest cat except he's even meaner looking.

Tom, I remember when my boys had slot car tracks. I guess they must be coming back.

Phillip, I hope the weather cooperates and you have a quiet holiday. I like those "Hog" Christmas cards. :) I showed my wife the puppy's picture and she agrees with Rex, he should be called Butch.

Rex, that's one mean looking bike. Looks like just the thing to rack up lots of speeding tickets. Dianna has been playing Christmas music too and I'm already sick of it so I think I'll be glad when this one is over, Scrooge that I am.

Man, it has been a roller coaster ride down here. First, spring, then winter, and now we're headed back to spring. It was 22 degrees last night and the high tomorrow should be about 70 with thunderstorms. Not bad compared to Minnesota but you sure do go through a lot of different coats in a few day days.
 
Phillip: I recommend the name "Bluto"

Rex - Your son-in-law would be right at home at the Woodstock Inn, right beside the CSX [former B&O] crossing. Every week during the warmer months, bikers come from miles around to congregate there. I think I must've seen every size & shape of Harley that exists under the sun in that parking lot!

Jim - I'm a scrooge myself when it comes to the hyper-commercialization of Christmas, especially whenever I hear a radio dj saying "__ days left before Christmas!" All that pressure, who the hell needs it. I've got all my purchasing done. That's the easy part - now I still need to wrap the presents, ugh!

Steve - still making preps to go to Kiwi Land?
 


Lucky for me I got most of my gifts done a week ago. It sure was nice to sell school books, stop at best buy, and pick up a few "gift" cards. My sisters will hate it because there is no thought behind it, but I just haven't had time or money to do real shopping.

I am enjoying my one long break today before its off to the local high school theater to help with set construction (now that I am not a student, I get to go every tuesday night).

Speaking of the cold and snow here, I may just give up on shoveling.

It seems like every time I go and shovel the whole darn sidewalk around my house, it decides to drop another 4 inches on us. Maybe its a sign I should go fix the snowblower. At least our driveway gets plowed.
 
Dan, your snow is like my leaves. I picked up 19 large leaf bags off the front yard and you couldn't tell it the next day. Darn Water Oaks take the whole winter to drop their leaves.
 
Rex your son-in-law has good taste in bikes! Good thing I'm into trucks, I would get myself killed in a Chopper!
You and me both. Had too many close calls when I was young. I use to love to ride, but don't think my reaction time would keep me alive anymore.
 
Rex, thats a killer bike he has there! I like choppers too, but I just got hooked on the classic looks of my Drifter. I think if I hadn't gotten it, I'd have probably gotten a chop. I looked at a few.
 
Dan, I remember shoveling the drive and having just as much snow where I started when I was at the other end. On top of that, a Plow would usually come by an pile more if in the drive just when I had finished it. If I wasn't 12 years old, I would have said the heck with it and gone inside and had a beer. :)

Phillip and Rex, my sheriff's department got four off-road bikes to use for search and rescue. Since I was the nominal commander of that outfit, they decided I should take the training course. After having the thing pitch me right over the handlebars once and then having it fall over three times, the last time breaking the siren/speaker clean off, they decided I'd be better in the command post drinking coffee. :D

Rex, I've got a big water oak in the front and another one in the back. Those things still have old leaves on them when the new ones start coming out. I now just wait for a good south wind like we're having tonight and let them blow into the neighbor's yards. I think they hate me. :eek:
 
Jim: I hear you, those plows come at bad times, right before you move the car out of the street or right after you finish shoveling. Although sometimes their timing can be just about perfect. Like one I saw today.

I live in a fairly small city (for a larger metro area standard I would say). One of our elementary schools and the high school are next to each other, with our football field that is in a natural bowl. The plow guy plowed the street, made a u-turn and did the other. In the main time, someone decided to take their snow blower and blow all the snow from their driveway and sidewalk (some of it just put there from the plow) back into the street. The plow driver saw this so he waited at the top of the hill, and as soon as the guy was done, he drove down the hill and shoved it right back into the driveway.

Usually it would bother me that the plow driver would do it, but the guy had a truck with his own plow on it, so he could have easily moved to snow somewhere safer than back into the street, on a hill, where there isn't much traction.
 
Happy Christmas Eve from Sunny Warm Florida!

Local Christmas weather

8 AM 60 °F Partly Cloudy A mild start.
2 PM 78 °F Partly Cloudy Partly cloudy and warm.
10 PM 66 °F Partly Cloudy Partly cloudy, quite mild.

Christams is going to be in the low 80's:eek:


Local Christmas News

These scum bags need more than coal in their stockings!:mad:
3 young boys watch thieves shoot father, call 911
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1



Personal Note

Well I'm going to work today:eek: I can't lay around any more:rolleyes: Board out of my tree........I got to go to work and start to heal and CoughMAO! :D Chat later;):D
 


12-24-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress.png


:rolleyes:
 
Good morning all from Ye Olde London Towne. Its a comfortable 5c (41f) this morning.
Its been a very busy last couple of weeks. Just finishing up for the day and hope to escape the office by 1pm.

To all a very very Merry Christmas. Remember when Santa leaves you coal, just make steam with it.
 
Good morning.

It's 68, cloudy and very wet out here by the lake. The high today should be around the low 70's and there's a chance of thunderstorms.

Worked on the park a bit yesterday to see how it would look with hedges instead of fences and I must say that I like the look of the hedges a lot better. They also look a lot better than the existing lichen borders which I have never really liked. I'll be going to Lowe's later today to pick a Christmas present for my sister. She's been wanting to get an outdoor thermometer for the porch and it has to be one that she can see from the kitchen window. I know which one she wants so I'm going to grab it and surprise her with it tomorrow.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/24/2008


Wind Chill: 69°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 65°F

So Far Today
High: 69°F
Low: 68°F
Rain: 0.02"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 25mph SSW

Today High: 72 Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 70s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph in the morning becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Tonight Low: 52 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 50s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Christmas Day High: 70 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs around 70. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010607.jpg
 
Good Morning Gang!
Waitress, can I pppllease have a big old stack of pancakes with bacon and 2 eggs sunny side up! I'm starving!
Ice on the windsheild this morning,but thankfully none on the street. The best part was the drive to work this morning, no traffic! :) It's about the only perk of working the day before a holiday, and the day after that I can think of. Mr. Weatherman says it may get to 50 today, woohoo, heat wave! Santa's gonna be wearing shorts and a t shirt if this keeps up! Opened up an email this morning to find that I scored a win on ebay, a Locomotive Cyclopedia for 15 bucks and change! D Frankly, I barely remember putting a bid on it! Oh happy day!:D
Merry Christmas to one and all. May everyone find choo-choos beneath thier tree, Kits in thier stockings, and a smile on thier faces!:)
 
[ATTACH=full said:
64619[/ATTACH]

I like the name "Diesel", but the wife isn't on board with that. We've kind of agreed on Max, but that's kind of bland. Tank is a possibility, but the kids aren't so hot on that.

So, I ask you all, what do you think his name should be?

You could call him Deefer,, D fer Dog !!

Ron
 
tissle2.png


Please take not of the following urgent announcement!

untitled.png


We now return you to our regularly scheduled post........

Good Morning!

daffy-AGOL.png


So, Santa will be stopping by all those good little boys and girls houses tonight, huh?

th_harleysanta.png


What fun tomorrow morning holds for all those children!

christmas_bugs_bunny-AGOL.png


The weather should hold out around here for the big red guy's arrival. Last night was a different story though. We had a pretty good ice storm. Messed things up good! I live 16 miles from my office, and it took me every bit of 2 1/2 hours to get home last night. I passed so many accidents and slide-offs that I lost count. My big old van is pretty good in the slick stuff though. It's good and heavy, so it takes a bit to get it sliding.

Oh, and thank you all for the dog names. I've shown them to my wife and she's thinking about them. Keep them coming if you have any more!

Hey, I'm going to take off for a bit, but I want to take just a second to remind everyone that there is more to this season then big jolly guy's in red suits and gift giving.

The reason for this season is the birth of the Savior, Jesus. If you think thats old fashoined or not for you, maybe you just don't believe in all that stuff, please, concider for just a moment that maybe there's more to it then you first thought. If you have any questions, or you'd just like to talk, no pressure at all, please, talk to someone, find out the answers to your questions, you can even Email me if you'd like using the forum link, but find out the answers to your questions. It's too important an issue to just let it slide.

OK, off my soapbox..............

OK, so I'm going to ride off into the sunset now. Be good all you boys and girls!

th_biker-santa.png


tissle2.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Folk's

Howdy Ron, the sun's going down, the kids are going mad, how's life in cow yed country the beers coming out in 30 seconds

Merry Christmas Hic Hic Hic
 
Thank you Philip and a very Merry Christmas to you!

Here is a link that you and your wife can look at. It has hundreds of puppy names. We didn't choose from it, but the list got our minds working enough to think of two.
http://puppydogweb.com/names/names.htm

BTW: I showed the photo of your pup to the wife and she had a fit. We had friends that owned an English Bulldog, but never saw him as a pup. He was a lovable, BIG, baby.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Folk's

Howdy Ron, the sun's going down, the kids are going mad, how's life in cow yed country the beers coming out in 30 seconds

Merry Christmas Hic Hic Hic

Happy Christmas Steve !!!!
Its 4.21 here, and its almost dark already.
Happy Christmas to the rest of the regulars here too
 


Good afternoon folks

Temperature is 37 F as I got into the office late today. It has been a crazy morning. The overnight rain started at 11 PM instead of 3 AM as the weather mis-forecasters predicted. Since it was in the twenties at the time we had icing before the salt trucks were scheduled to get out. Most of the crews were scheduled to report at 2 AM. By midnight in many places things were a mess. The morning rush was a nightmare. Accidents and road closures everywhere. I left two hours late to go to work and got caught up in the gridlock from a tractor trailer crash that happened over two hours before I left. At one point I tried to turn around to come home but I could not make any headway. Two hours after I left I got to work.

Nothing to report on the modeling front. Tonight we have Christmas Eve services at church and my daughter is playing flute in the service.

I hope everybody has a good day and a
Merry Christmas.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top