Coffee Shop 15

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.


Around here Strawberries, Raspberries, some fruit orchards, sod, corn--good mix---and then near Woodstock ON lots of dairy cattle and good deer huntin'!!:D:D

As for rail fanning I've got a footbridge over the CN doubletrack main that is good enough to throw lawnchairs up--and your only a 3 minute walk from downtown--heeheehee:p:p;):D

And lots else-----:D:p

Got a couple more buildings done today as well as some redoing of atrium---I came across a book from the 1980's that is on retail mall/atrium design and engineering practices---Why I don't find these until AFTER I get 70% done is beyond me but this gives me a more prototypical approach to the issue of retail design----
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys!

Thanks guys, all the talk of Strawberry Fields,,,,,,guess whats stuck in my head now!!!!:eek:


"Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.
Strawberry Fields forever."


It did make me realize one thing. When I was young, I thought never would come a day when the Beatles would be a group that the old folks would understand. Now they do!!! But the problem is, its US!!! :D:eek::rolleyes::cool::p
 
03-11-2009

Good Morning ! from TIPTON IN:eek:
TIPTONDEPOT-1.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
Diner.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
waitress3.png


340x.jpg


:cool::mad::(:D
 


Hello people--A wonderful windy morning for us--we've got winds up to 90kmh with even higher gusts at times--so far the only things flapping around are the garbage cans:rolleyes::rolleyes: We sat at 11C this morning at 6am and now we're down to 3C. This afternoon we will be sitting at -3C then to a low of -11C. Tomorrow we will be at -5C again.:rolleyes::cool:

Today, I have lonely petunia client visit then it is off to the farmers market to pick some stuff up. Once I get home I'm going to stuff myself into the trainroom to redesign the atrium and make the thing a little less warpable-;):cool::(

Audrey, my wife has got her nose all out of joint and started asking a bunch of questions about steelmills and such so I'm now having to also find all kinds of kits and bits for her to work with:)--she's doing a static display of one in N scale--I found this to be a hoot:p:D--it also has her using the 'pooter more which is a good thing:D:D

Catch y'all later----;):)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning.

It's 67 and cloudy. The high will be around 65 and there's a chance of thunderstorms.

There's some good news today. Yesterday I got my left shoe back from doc's office. It feels a lot better on my foot than that old walking brace I was having to wear and is a lot less trouble to put on too. I worked on the MoW car project into the late hours last night and it's finally finished. In other news, I fitted my Chattahoochee hopper with all-metal sprung trucks. A 40' PFE reefer is almost ready. It lacks two roof hatches which I understand from an email I just read are on their way. Later today I'll be fitting a new smoke stack to my newly rebuilt Athearn caboose. I have also rebuilt a 1960's vintage Athearn F unit dummy loco and fitted it with metal wheels and Kadee couplers and it is now coupled to my GD30J.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/11/2009


Wind Chill: 67°F
Humidity: 99%
Dew Point: 67°F

So Far Today
High: 67°F
Low: 64°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph S

Today High: 65 Patchy fog in the morning. Partly cloudy early in the morning...then a 50 percent chance of showers in the morning. Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the 60s to upper 70s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph in the morning becoming northeast 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 48 Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms early in the evening...then a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms in the late evening and overnight. Cooler. Lows in the upper 40s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/DSCN0628-1.jpg
 
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Well, Pasco County Libraries went to 4/9hr. shifts:mad: due to the taxes, Parks department is just under the libraries department:( If my department goes to 4/9's I will lose $3000 a year in pay:(:mad: Only up side is three day weekend's:rolleyes: not sure it's worth the trade:confused: Now this doesn't mean there won't be layoffs next October:eek::mad: My state has gone nuts:mad:
 
I was messing with the motor that came with an old 1960's vintage Athearn GP30 and I got it working. One of the brushes was shorted out. It's an old 5 pole open frame motor with burgundy colored windings. Not sure what I'll do with it but you can be sure it will be something creative.
 
Gotsed myself a new widescreen 19" HP monitor this afternoon. Is it ever great now if I can just figgure out how to adjust the brightness down slightly. I had room for a 22" but it was going to cost me another $100 and not worth it to me of course I only got my cable modem two weeks ago cause I am TIGHT or as my wife put it to dam frugal.
 


Evening. Been awhile since I posted so I figure I would stop bye and say hi.

Been a rough week. Being sick for a week didn't help either. Still have a cold, but much better than I was. Been taking midterms all week. Had one in math tonight. Good thing my professor decided it was a group test, otherwise I would have a great big F on it. Nice short break tomorrow, another day of classes, and it is time for spring break!

Have a good one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top