Coffee Shop 15

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello pipples---I'm home after a day of running around trying to get paperwork done from 'snivel servants' who didn't want to work----:mad: I got everything done but, SHEEESH!! what one has to do!!:mad:

Anyways checked out the two GP18's I got yesterday that were DCC with sound---all is peachy with them--and do theeeeyyy cccrrreeeeeeppppp. Almost down to a 1.5Mph N scale speed---But of course--when I lay on the HORN'Spring' goes into hiding mode!!! Heeheehee:p:p
 
Man, those berries look delicious! And I don't have a dessert for tonights dinner! Tell ya what Chris, I'll whip you up a steak if you bring the berries! Just bring what's left!



OK Rex, have you ever had one of those "If it was a snake it'd have bit you" moments? Look what I found: http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/IMG_0551.jpg It was "hidden" in the last place in the world you'd expect to find it. It was right on the back side of the panel you open to do the wiring.....DUH! I also noticed a lug that I'd missed before.....the ground lug! So now that I'm a confirmed idiot, I feel better asking this question..... Does this look right? http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/IMG_0555EDITED.jpg Or do I flip the black and white?
 
Sure Phillip! I'll run down to Plant City and pick up a fresh Flat of berries for a steak! heck I'll get ya some pound cake for a few beers to go with that steak!

Now where did those Mexicans run off too?
 


It's alive, Part II

Hiya Gang!
Chris, those berries look,,,,,,er,,a,,, berry yummy!!:D Better not let Flo see um! She told me one day what she could do to you with strawberries and whipped cream!:eek:;):p
Rex, I told him we were watchin for ya! He wouldn't listen!!!!!!:p

Well, steam engine repair part 2 went VERY well. Took me a little over an hour to disassemble, quarter and replace the drivers on my old (30+ yrs) Mantua Pacific. In just a fraction of the time that that "plastic" steamer took to repair, this one was up and running and happy again. Just another nail in the coffin for the plastic ones!:D
 
Hiya Gang!
Chris, those berries look,,,,,,er,,a,,, berry yummy!!:D Better not let Flo see um! She told me one day what she could do to you with strawberries and whipped cream!:eek:;):p
Rex, I told him we were watchin for ya! He wouldn't listen!!!!!!:p

:D

Great thing about having no brain...................stuff goes in one ear and out the other:D
 
Man, those berries look delicious! And I don't have a dessert for tonights dinner! Tell ya what Chris, I'll whip you up a steak if you bring the berries! Just bring what's left!



OK Rex, have you ever had one of those "If it was a snake it'd have bit you" moments? Look what I found: http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/IMG_0551.jpg It was "hidden" in the last place in the world you'd expect to find it. It was right on the back side of the panel you open to do the wiring.....DUH! I also noticed a lug that I'd missed before.....the ground lug! So now that I'm a confirmed idiot, I feel better asking this question..... Does this look right? http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/IMG_0555EDITED.jpg Or do I flip the black and white?
You have it marked correctly: Black on L1, White on N, Grd on lug.
Make sure you torque the dickens out of the terminal screws and needless to say, have water in the tub before starting. ;)
Go fer it!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Aww, I don't want to contribute to his delinquency!

The berrys were are already stollen from the farmers by the pickers;) how do you think I got that flat for $10.00!:eek: Too late for my delinquency, I'm a bad dude!:D


Next year I hope to see a lot of youz at the FSF! then we can do some Railfanning afterwards! Plant City has some good places for it! Then we run over to Larrys;):D:eek:
 


03-10-2009

Good Morning ! from TIPTON IN:eek:
TIPTONDEPOT-1.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
Diner.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
waitress3.png


roger_broggie_1.jpg


:mad:;):(:rolleyes:
 
Good morning.

It's 70 and very cloudy. The high will be around 81 and it will be mostly cloudy.

Work on the new MoW car continues unabated as shown in this photo: (Click link to show image)
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/DSCN0639.jpg

After I finish this side I'll start on the other side which will go a little faster as I'll already know exactly what needs to be done. Anybody got any hatch covers for an HO 40' Pacific Fruit Express reefer? If I can't find any I suppose I'll have to scratch build them.

I'll be going to DeRidder this afternoon to pick up my left shoe (turned it in for repair last Tuesday). Called the prosthetics office yesterday and they indicated it's ready. Doctors appointment yesterday went quite well. He couldn't find any signs of infection in my right leg. There's still a danger though that it could have moved into the bones as a bone density scan revealed some abnormality. He thinks it could be a false positive as previously broken bones can cause them on BD scans and some of the bones in my right foot have been broken numerous times (more than I care to remember). He's scheduled me for an MRI on the 17th to make certain. Also yesterday I mowed my sisters yard as her mower is deadlined at this time. Afterwards I helped her move some things inside the house and install a couple of blinds. Today I think I'll be taking it easy.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/10/2009


Wind Chill: 70°F
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 64°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 69°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 20mph SSW

Today High: 82 Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds 10 to 20 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers after midnight. Areas of fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/DSCN0618.jpg
 
Good morning folks

It was 41 F and overcast. We are still waiting for the rain that was predicated for yesterday that may come this evening. High today will be 47 F.

Insanity reigns supreme in the office this morning. Trying to get these two projects advertised is becoming one of the biggest chores I have to endure in 24 years. On one project after asking for months if anyone had any projects in the corridors no one spoke. Now two days before advertising we have found about 4 projects and now we have to adjust our scope of work to coordinate with them so as not to duplicate work.

At home I had some computer frustrations. I had to update and download drivers to get the computer to run a new game my son got. Next thing I need to do is get rid of the pre-installed Norton and load the free version of McAfee we get through work. We get the McAfee because they realize people will do work at home and they want to make sure nothing gets transferred between home computers and work computers.

Tonight is another one for the nuthouse. My daughter has flute lesson, my son has basketball practice and my wife and I have Cub Scout Roundtable. Of course everything is at the same time or within a half hour of each other.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Hello and a good morning to you all. We are going to be kind of swimming around as we got a heavy rain warning in effect--s'posed to get upwards of 50mm or more rain.:eek::confused: We are also going to get lots more wind as winds are going to be from the west at up to 80kmh again--yeehaw:rolleyes:

TomI've left both Norton and McAfee on mine--the only thing is to turn one of the firewalls off. As long as that is done there shouldn't be any issues. He says this----provisionally-----:cool:

ChrisSounds like a plan don't it?--you'd have to explain to this puppy where you be in relation to Tampa--I guess--kinda--:confused::):D

I've got a couple of clients to see today so with that I got some supply shopping to do at the LHS on the way home----Have a good'un
 
Mornin' folks!

Lots of rain in the forecast, but also a high of 72 degrees.......IN MARCH IN INDIANA! What's up with that? Never fear though....tomorrow is back to the 40's!

So, I've got my son's basketball team banquet tonight. We'll see how they did this year in the state & national rankings. Last year they came in second in the state, and did respectable (I can't remember what place right now) in the nationals. I don't think they did as well this year, but who knows. They had fun though, and they honored God in their conduct, both on and off the court, and thats what matters.

Prayers for all those in need......yes, thats you and me both! (And Chris, that goes double for you....you BAD man you!
smiley-grin.png
)

So, whats up in your neck of the woods?
 
Good morning folks.

If some of you could send that nice weather our way we'd appreciate it! It's been cloudy, foggy, and damp for a few days. Today it's rain that will start to freeze this afternoon, followed by 2-4 inches of snow and forty mile an hour winds!:eek: I can't wait for this spring everyone is talking about.:)

I have today off, so I may do a lot, or a little. We'll see which way the wind blows. I had planned to continue carving my river valley today. I may need to dive into that before I lose the ambition. This weather is not very inspiring.

I hope you all have a great day!
 
Good Afternoon from Richmond. 1 PM and almost 55 degrees. -25 degrees from this time yesterday. Still, a high around 61 today. Have a good one
 
ChrisSounds like a plan don't it?--you'd have to explain to this puppy where you be in relation to Tampa--I guess--kinda--:confused::):D

Here's where the fair takes place.......

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...0&scene=9249062&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1
When you pan up you'll get a good Idea where what is;) at the same time you can explore all the local rails! you can see it's littered with tracks!:eek:
Here's an intresting RR Junction http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...&scene=32519566&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1 If I'm not mistake the Swap/train show is around this area? "Hey, Were's Larry? He know's!"

Plant City is East of Tampa. I'm 90min North of Plant City and Tampa in Hernando County. The FSF it usually start's in spring between Febuary and March....They tend to move it around depending on the Strawberry crops. Lot's of train tracks are through out the area. there is a train show/swap that take place around here to? (Larry knows where it is!:)} Would be cool place for a Coffee Shop Meet! Strawberry short cakes and Trains:D
 
mornin' folks!

Lots of rain in the forecast, but also a high of 72 degrees.......in march in indiana! What's up with that? Never fear though....tomorrow is back to the 40's!

So, i've got my son's basketball team banquet tonight. We'll see how they did this year in the state & national rankings. Last year they came in second in the state, and did respectable (i can't remember what place right now) in the nationals. I don't think they did as well this year, but who knows. They had fun though, and they honored god in their conduct, both on and off the court, and thats what matters.

Prayers for all those in need......yes, thats you and me both! (and chris, that goes double for you....you bad man you!
smiley-grin.png
)

so, whats up in your neck of the woods?

i'm bbbbbad to the bone!:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d;)
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top