Coffee Shop 15

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning.

It's 33° and clear. The high is expected to be around 60 and it will be partly cloudy.

I was planning on going to town yesterday but discovered my car had a flat tire. I removed it and looked for a hole. No dice. Even after inflating it I couldn't find a hole. I'm going to take it to the tire place in town and have them find it. Once they find the hole a quick plug will take care of that. I suspect that it's probably a rock cut. That's a fairly common occurrence in this area. I got the broken pins drilled out on the observation car and only have to set the screws in place and inject epoxy in around them and wait for it to set. Then I'll remove the screws and I should have two pre-tapped holes.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/2/2009


Wind Chill: 27°F
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 24°F

So Far Today
High: 38°F
Low: 32°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph N

Today High: 58 Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. Northeast winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 35 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 30s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q186/forum-1/P1010047-1.jpg
 
Yup, still sick!

I barely slept last night. Nyquil didn't help much, which is strange because it usually works well for me. I had a 101 fever all night and so I'm home today. At least I got my voice back though. As of now I think the fever is breaking, so thats good. I'll be glad to ditch this cough too. It's so deep it really hurts. Anyways, enough about me.

Thats quite a snow storm they're having in the east, huh? The Carolina's are all white, and Boston is looking at nearly a foot. Funny enough, they're talking 70's as a possibility for later in the week down Carolina's way. Sounds like it might be a setup for flooding, huh?

Around here it's just cold. It's supposed to warm up quite a bit later in the week though.

http://images.ibsys.com/ind/images/weather/auto/forecast_640x480.jpg

Well, I'm gonna scoot now.

Prayers for all!
 
Phillip It is quite cold out for sure. Went into the store this morning (my day off) to get some cable stuff to do away with the cable TV in the computer room. The cable was only getting about half the channels the antenna got so I put a cable in for the antenna to work in the puter room and still have my cable modem connected. After about 30 minutes I was back on the antenna and another 30 minutes I had the VCR hooked up and the antenna rotor control moved and now have what I want.
 


G'morning everyone,

Gosh its so bright here I have to wear sunglasses just to look outside. The snow isn't falling anymore but the wind sure is howling! Earlier this morning with the snow and the wind, it was just like the type of blizzards that Laura Ingalls Wilder wrote about in her series of Little House on the Prairie books :eek: At least I got a neighbor with a plow-equipped ATV who always clears our 300ft driveway free-of-charge [sorry about that Karl! :D] Needless to say the Lab is closed for today, and all my kids got the day off from school. They and their mother just ventured outside to enjoy a walk in the snow [:confused:]; as for me, I'm taking the opportunity make progress on my Merchants Row painting project.

Hope you all have a great day, that those of you in the path of this storm don't lose power, and those who are sick will recover asap.
 
KenL Even if you didn't have a neighbor with a plow, at a top ground speed of 16 mph I would be a human popsicle in the time it would take me to get to your place on the Deere! Lets see, 30 minutes by car or an hour and a half by tractor? Brrrrr!!
Besides, I'm expecting a knock on the door soon. Remember, I got them neighbors behind me with the 1000 ft driveway! He's done 1 pass of about 200 ft with a snowblower, then quit. I don't know if HE quit, or the blower did!:eek:
 
As the fog in his head begins to lift, he utters a sound. It comes as words, proceeding from his lips. Remembrances of days gone past, but fleeting memories. He finds himself babbling on, unable to tie word to thought, the fog still too thick. As medications faze further lifts, memories become more focused. A forum, with friends, all well wishing, comes to mind. Ahh yes, he ponders, I remember them!

Just then, a nasty cough racks his body, emanating from deep within his very being, thrusts him into the here and now! Forced to deal with the points of light he sees before him, he focuses on the screen. The fever having left his body, he can now take the time to say those words that have welled up within his soul for days.........

Thank You for your prayers and well wishes!

(I'm feeling much better now......though I'm not sure that I don't have some mental damage! ;) )
 
Hello. Well, I had a good day at the LHS--guy was trying--operative word here --to clean/organise his store. I come across 2 ATLAS RS2's with DCC sound--pick one up--put other on hold until end of next week. Now I have about 10 RS2's with a total of 4 having sound!! I also got more scale lumber clapboard for some more scratchbuilding projects-:):)

PCI see you're getting a little more coherent--this is a good sign!!:D:D
 
Afternoon.

Tonight I am working on a few things. Going to try to get some pictures taken on some scenery ideas I have. Then I have to figure out how to open up the shell of a few engines to see what is inside. Also have to determine if one is worth the hassle and money to convert t DCC.
 
As the fog in his head begins to lift, he utters a sound. It comes as words,....... from his lips. ....... fleeting memories. He finds himself babbling on,.......... too thick................ further lifts, ..... comes to mind. Ahh yes, he ponders,......... racks his body, emanating from deep within his very being, thrusts him into ........ he focuses .......... The fever having left his body, ....................have welled up ..................

..


Philip! Put the Harlequin Romance Novels DOWN!!!!!!!!:eek::p:eek::p:rolleyes:

Glad to see your feeling better!:D
 
Last edited by a moderator:


03-03-2009

Good Morning ! from TIPTON IN:eek:
TIPTONDEPOT-1.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
Diner.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
waitress3.png


Shortline1.jpg


:cool::D:):rolleyes:
 
Next time anyone get sick get one of these!

THAT'LL WORK!!!

We woke up to -20C and windchills of -29C!!:eek::mad: Yuck!:confused::eek: It is supposed to go up to -8C for a high and be a mix of sun/cloud today and tomorrow. We're going to warm up by the weekend---:D

I'm heading off to see some clients today--have the same to do tomorrow and then I'm off till next Tuesday---:p:cool: Tried out new RS2 last night and tried out the horn--sent 'Spring' backward off the table and out of the room!! He spent the rest of the night--and even this morning a bit--sort of padding very carefully and skittishly around the room. If even a small sound occurred he jumped---:eek::confused:

I'll have a coffee and a muffin to go please---gotta go---seeya!!
 
Good morning.

It's 33° outside and 73° inside. It's partly cloudy and may get up to around 60° later today. Conditions will remain at partly cloudy.

Didn't get a chance to work on the observation car yesterday or any other layout project for that matter. I had to go to the tire shop in town to get a flat dealt with. There was a good reason I couldn't find a hole in the tire as there wasn't one to be found. I had neglected however to check around the bead. A little oxidized aluminum can really cause problems, but it has been corrected and everything is good now. I then most of the rest of the day helping my father clean his yard. Big job there. He loaded while I drove and unloaded. By the time I got home I was to pooped to pop, and for good reason. My blood sugar level was 44. Not good. That was way too low. I finish off some fried fish and fried okra and went to bed for a bit. When I got up later I felt more human. This afternoon I have to go to DeRidder to get one of my shoes repaired. While I'm there I'll get some grocery shopping done and have a look at the 1/87 cars to see if they have anything I don't already have.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/3/2009


Wind Chill: 28°F
Humidity: 70%
Dew Point: 24°F

So Far Today
High: 40°F
Low: 33°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

Today High: 62 Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 60s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 45 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/P1010771.jpg
 
Good morning folks

It was a cold 12 F as I headed onto the semi-cleared roads of Delaware County this morning. High toady will be 26 F. We got about 7 inches of snow at our house from the storm Sunday night and yesterday. It was a heavy snow and it took a couple of hours to clear the driveway and walkways even with the snow blower. This morning some of the roads were half covered with a frozen slush that made for a rough ride. Once I got on the interstates it was clear sailing.

We had a great time with the Cub Scouts on the Battleship New Jersey sleepover Friday/Saturday. I will say the racks were a little tight. The food was pretty good. The evening tour was great as we got to go places you normally don’t go. We got to go into one of the 16 inch rifle turrets, saw the Captain’s Quarters, the TV Studio, Electronic War Center, and a few other places. The best part is we had a tour guide who could explain the various parts of the ship and some of its history. On Saturday after breakfast we did the self guided tour.

Both kids had basketball games on Saturday afternoon. So we spent Sunday recovering from the sleepover and games. Yesterday was spent digging out of the snow.

With everything going on I never got any modeling done. I am hopeful for some this week.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good morning!

Chris - I see ECI is going into a new line of business to survive the recession, lol

Always fun to get a surprise day off, but the morning after can be a royal pain - schools opening 1 hour late, and the Honda's battery just barely able to crank the motor in the nick of time. Probably have to replace that thing pretty soon.

Took advantage of the free time yesterday to finish painting all of the facade framework on my Merchants Row I. One of the fronts I ended up redoing 3 times because it just didn't look right.

Gotta run, time to take the girls to school - C-ya
 
Philip: Sir, put down the romance novel and slowly back away!:D

Glad you're feeling better.

First off, that was straight off the top of my head. If it sounded like a romance novel I wouldn't know. The bigger question here though is, how would YOU know? :eek: Should we take this as a confession of sorts.



Tom, that sleepover sounds like a blast! How cool is that? Get to sleep in a battleship!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Flo, I will have the works for lunch since nobody is here today. Charge my tab to the first guy that walks through the door....then blame it on Chris. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top