Coffee Shop 15

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
03-01-2009

Good Morning ! from TIPTON IN:eek:
TIPTONDEPOT-1.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
Diner.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
waitress3.png


WRRWHC.JPG


:mad::p:o:D
 
"Flo, this morning I'll have a 24oz steak 3 eggs over easy and pile of home fries, Toast and a endless cup of coffee and oj. Also put this on hmmmmm?........Toms tad today! And Flo Get Tom a Big glass of water for his wallet fire:) Hey everyone Toms buying!!!!!"


a small band of rain is headed this way. not enough rain to help our little drought we're having! we're already 2" down for the new year:eek: Hillsbourgh and pinelles are under strict watering band!:eek: NO WATERING OF ANYTHING until further notice! Heavy fines will be given out and no warnings:eek: I guess they are serious:confused::rolleyes:

BOC, I use to have oscars, fun fish:) smart very smart fish.

REX, Only One BBB per person! The wheel Barrow ain't designed for that much load getting you out the door! :D
 
:eek: It's SNOWING in T-town, Alabama! :eek:

The ground is covered. It's a wet snow with 1-2" expected. You Northern boys won't understand this, but it sure is pretty.:) I've been enjoying the pups see and play in their first snow. They haven't stopped running, jumping, and rolling. ha!
 


Good Morning--Currently we are at -11(we've slipped a couple:confused:) with the high at -5C. A mix of sun/cloud with a 40% chance of flurries for today and tomorrow with tonights low going to -16C and the high for tomorrow at -8C.:eek::confused:

Chris These oscars want to rearrange the floor a bit--every so often they push the stones around:)--'Spring' spends his time watching them:cool:

Going to spend the day getting some more table space for the atrium build up. I'm almost there---:)

I'll have the same as what Chris is having--Nice of you to be so generous Tom!:D:D
 
:eek: It's SNOWING in T-town, Alabama! :eek:

The ground is covered. It's a wet snow with 1-2" expected. You Northern boys won't understand this, but it sure is pretty.:) I've been enjoying the pups see and play in their first snow. They haven't stopped running, jumping, and rolling. ha!


QUICK, now let the dogs in the house!:D
 
Chris These oscars want to rearrange the floor a bit--every so often they push the stones around:)--'Spring' spends his time watching them:cool:

When they are digging up the bottom, they are building a nest! If they are male and female they May Spawn! How many year has the pair been together? If the tank is in a high traffic area they will eat the eggs as soon as they spawn! Next year put the tank in a quiet room and let them raise a family, that's something to watch! Oscars are great parents!

I have a male maroon clown fish that is always building nest..........He has a big shell set up for Miss right! If I had room for another tank I think I would breed them! Clown fish are the only salt water fish that have been bred in captivity.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning.

It's 30° and sunny. The high will be around 50 and it will be partly cloudy.

Didn't get much done on the layout yesterday. I was out looking for a tool to remove the spindles in the bathroom faucets without much success. The local hardware store is ordering a few sets of them though. They;ll have them in a week from Monday. Guess I'll have to put up with leaky washers for a little while longer. Replacing the fixture is out of the question. To access the back of it the kitchen cabinet must be dismantled and the water heater moved and that ain't happening. Today I will probably be working on the observation car again. I still have to drill out the broken pins that held the trucks on and tap the holes for screws. Not a project to be taken lightly with even slightly shaky hands.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/1/2009


Wind Chill: 21°F
Humidity: 65%
Dew Point: 20°F

So Far Today
High: 35°F
Low: 30°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 30mph N

Today High: 52 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 50s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 32 Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 30s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/P1010119.jpg
 
Well, I'm quiet as a church mouse today! I woke up and went to call the dogs to let them out and promptly discovered that I don't have a voice! This darn cold! Oh well.........Guess I should probably stay in bed anyways.
 


Good morning all,

Flo, I'll have a Southwestern steak omelette and a tall OJ for brunch.

Karl, I vaguely remember hearing that song as a youngen - never paid much attention to it though. I prefer songs like Brooks Benton's "Rainy Night In Gaw'gia" for that kind of weather

Chris - Is one of your fish named Nemo?

Rex didn't you guys NEED that rain anyway? I thought there was a draught going on down there...

Jim, I feel your pain. At least you have a valid excuse [losing elec power]; me, I always forget and try to navigate to an earlier page to get another look at what someone said - then realize a split-second too late that all my typed in text gets wiped out!:eek:


Phillip - hope you didn't have to deliver a Sermon today! Laryngitis is always a PITA

Not much happening here today, 'cept for a light dusting of snow. The NWS has issued a Winter Storm Warning for my area, but I'll believe that when I see it (they usually pass slightly to the north of us). In any event we've got a 4x4 so we won't be trapped at the bottom of Woodstock Hill if the snow does arrive.

I'm continuing to work on my Merchants Row I. Been scouring the 'net, googling for pictures of early 20th century storefronts so I'll have some idea what colors to use on my window/door frames. Since it's going beside a steel mill, at least I know what businesses to put in there: a drugstore, 2 taverns, a laundry, and a barbershop. Definitely nothing "upscale"...! :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morning!!!!!!!!!!!:D
Flo! Howabout that lumberjack special! Flapjacks, eggs, & bacon!!
It's7:30 a.m. and its snowing like crazy!!! With wind gusts to 25 mph its also blowing all over the place! Weatherguesser says is should stop by lunch,so if it does, I can get the big Deere out and play!:D
Hopefully the day wont be a total wash and I can make some extra $$$ plowing out driveways this afternoon! The wife can still work, just from home now that she has remote access set up to her work PC!
Til then, I got 3 Gloorcraft brass caboose kits to assemble. Lets see if I can do this again but this time, NOT burn my fingers!!:eek:
 
Good morning folks.

I received my three Walthers bridge kits in the mail two days ago. Walthers is shipping quite fast these days. I suppose I'm not too far from the source. It's just nice to not have to wait as long as with other shippers. I have tomorrow off so, I hope to get a good start on building my second bridge.

It sounds like the rest of the country has been getting quite the weather events. I hope you like the snow;)!

We had a very successful show this weekend. There are deals to be had in the men's clothing industry. That is, if you are current on your bills! We are, but very few can say that, including many department stores. It's funny how the sales reps are taking a renewed interest in the small mom and pop stores. Until recently, they could care less about our small purchases.

I hope you all have a great day! I'm in for a long, boring Monday. I don't mind since I have Tuesdays off.
 


Well---at least we're not getting buried in snow like some people are!! Good Morning and yes Virginia it is very cold. Currently we are at -18C(dropped ag'in?:eek:) with a windchill of -27C this morning:eek::eek:. The high will be -10C or so with windchills around the -18 to -25C range as winds will be about 40kmh:(

Karl Big ol' Deeres are so much fun to play with--an uncle still uses the ol' GP he has.

I'm going out of town to visit with a client and then I'll head to one of my LHS's to pick up a bunch of N scale detail pieces for a garage and a machine shop. I'm putting a bunch of details in a garage I just scratchbuilt and then finishing off an old beaten up machine shop and then detailing that --and hopefully not LOSE parts to the floor with my stumpyfingers--even using third hands with tweezers--I'll still launch parts into the stratosphere!!:confused::confused:

I'll have a toast with jam, 3eggs over easy and a large pot 'o coffee please. I'll be at the window doing some train watching----
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top