Coffee Shop 15

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all. Just thought I'd pop in and say Hello. Well,also,to say,I have rejoined the NMRA.:cool:. About time,if I should say,been away to long. Man it feels good. Any way,just glass of iced tea Miss Flo,then I have be goin. Will be back later. William.
 
Good evening gentlemen.

Well, I took a drywall saw to my foam. Boy, I forgot how big of a mess that makes! I only made a preliminary pass, but it feels good to carve into this gigantic wedding cake. My wife has to get up at five in the morning, therefore, I'll be up at five in the morning tomorrow. It will be a very productive day!:) I get up when she does, even on my day off, so I'm ready for bed at night when she is. It just seems to work out better that way. That, and I'm much more productive in the morning. This will be an extended morning. I may be able to carve my entire river valley tomorrow.

I hope you all have a good night.

Oh, and a big welcome to Nathan!:)
 
Good evening gentlemen.

Well, I took a drywall saw to my foam. Boy, I forgot how big of a mess that makes! I only made a preliminary pass, but it feels good to carve into this gigantic wedding cake. My wife has to get up at five in the morning, therefore, I'll be up at five in the morning tomorrow. It will be a very productive day!:) I get up when she does, even on my day off, so I'm ready for bed at night when she is. It just seems to work out better that way. That, and I'm much more productive in the morning. This will be an extended morning. I may be able to carve my entire river valley tomorrow.

I hope you all have a good night.

Oh, and a big welcome to Nathan!:)

Corey
I do the same, except on days when she gets up at 4:30a.m. to go work out. I dont get up til she returns at 6. :D Just saw the weather report, kinda chilly and windy tomorrow, but 45 Wednesday,50 Thursday and 54 on Friday!
I'll be getting a lot of stuff done those days!!!! Wouldn't ya know, the weather changes start Wednesday,,,,I'm having a cord of wood delivered tomorrow!!:( One of these days Murphy....pow, right to the moon!!;)
 


02-24-2009

Good Morning ! from TIPTON IN:eek:
TIPTONDEPOT-1.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
Diner.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
waitress3.png


:(:rolleyes:;):mad:
 
Ken,Chris-I have a cousin who quite regularly ships strawberries up here from there. It's those dang ribs he has----:(:rolleyes::rolleyes: I found out that our rib-fest that normally is held the first weekend in August is still a go, so I'll be collecting all kinds of BBQ recipes---so there :p:p

Well then, I'll have to torture you with warm beach pictures! Last year we didn't go as much due to work......this year I'll have to make more of and attempt:p then save up all the pic's for next global warming winter! then start the torture:D:D:DLOL's But this weekend I will post pic's of the strawberry short cake's, sweet treats and such to further tempt your taste buds!:p I'm in the mood for BBQ, Kettle corn, cotton candy,fresh lemon aid elephent ears and funnel cakes....As well as pig out on strawberry short cakes....Mmmmmmmmmm and most of all I'm going to pig out on TUMS!:D
 
Good morning.

It's 38 and clear. Expect the high to be around 70. It will be partly cloudy.

Got the AHM/Rivarossi observation car apart and ready for stripping. I haven't decided yet on the type of doors to fit into the sides of the car. Boxcar doors would be too high. Maybe a couple of cobbled together sliding doors made of sheet metal on tube steel frames. The windows will be covered. I figure some pieces of aluminum foil glued in place over them will make it look like sheets of thin steel were welded over them. I got a little work done on the ice cream shop. After some filing and sanding I got one of the side doors set back into the wall properly. One down, two to go. The disassembled engine house will soon be getting some attention as well.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/24/2009


Wind Chill: 38°F
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 31°F

So Far Today
High: 40°F
Low: 38°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph E

Today High: 70 Partly cloudy. Highs around 70. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 55 Partly cloudy. Warmer. Lows in the mid 50s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

DSCN0641.jpg
 
Good morning folks

It was a cold 19 F as headed off to work this morning. High today will be 39 F. Temperatures are supposed to improve as the week goes on and should be in the 40’s and 50’s by the end of the week.

Last night was another nutty one. My father-in-law had his quarterly check-up at the doctors. He was there for almost an hour and a half mostly because they could not draw blood. He now has to go to a lab to have his blood drawn. After that we had to stop by the Boy Scout Troop meeting since one of our Arrow of Light candidates was having his Scoutmaster Conference. We spent some time getting stuff ready for our Cub Scout pack Overnighter which is Friday night on the Battleship New Jersey.

No trains. I almost had some time but I made the mistake of sitting down in the lounge chair and dozed off.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good Morning People!! The current temperature is -14C going to a high of -3C. Sun today with increasing cloudiness tonight. Rain for tomorrow and a high of 4C.

TomPm The overnighter on that battleship sounds like a good'n. How often do they do that? I seem to remember doing something like that when I was in Cubs but----?

Chris I know I'd love to see those pix--especially on -20C days!!:eek::D:D As for the strawberries we seem to find them in the jam preserves my wife makes---strawberry and cream deserts, and who knows what else. And hey, the TUMS are another source of Calcium-----

Got some fiddling to do with the atrium I'm doing now that I finally got more clear styrene to work with. Found some architectural sites to browse through for ideas to use on this one so I'm probs going to spend more time up on the 'pooter today--I got the day off as no clients scheduled for today---different scenario tomorrow though------

Have a good'n
 
Good morning to all.
I woke up to chilly 21 degree temps, with the wind chill in the lower teens. It is now about 32 degrees, wind chill still in the low-mid 20's. High around 40 today, but at least the sun is out. I can also look forward to picking up my new Amfleet I Coaches from Walthers after school today at the local hobby shop. I've been needing these for a while, and they finally came in. Now I just need to wait on my Phase IV's due out in March that are on order for my full 1998-1999 era Twilight Shoreliner to be ready. YAY! Well, off to taking that history test I've been dreading.
 


21 degrees? chilly? Shoot, when I left the house this morning it was 16F, and I left on my motorcycle! (I know, I'm a glutton for punishment!)
 
21 degrees? chilly? Shoot, when I left the house this morning it was 16F, and I left on my motorcycle! (I know, I'm a glutton for punishment!)

It was 19 degrees this morning when the wife left on her Suzuki! :eek: I stood in the driveway and watched her pull out, cradleing my coffee cup in my hand to keep my fingers warm. Later I started my pickup and let it run a full 5 minutes before I climbed in the cab.
Now before ya call me a sissy, let me say this much. I only had to go 1.5 miles, and that cold natured truck would most likely stall if not warmed up, and secondly, the Wife's Suzuki is a car!!! :D ........ gotcha!
 
Good Afternoon--I'm letting the frame dry for the atrium plaza thing I'm building up. This way I can start to paint up the frame and then spend the next little while trying to put the clear styrene on without mucking it up with finger marks---:D:eek::eek::eek::confused:

PC, kbk When I woke up our thermometer out the back door was sitting at -!7C(0F).:eek::eek:I got the day off:D:D:p:p
 
It is the Battleship New Jersey. She is moored on the Camden, NJ waterfront and is now a museum. I know several of us dads and moms are looking forward to this trip considering the ship served in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and other actions. We will take part in a flag ceremony; have dinner, and a private tour of the ship. In the morning we will have breakfast and then some time to tour the ship on our own. It should be a cool trip.

The ship's website is: http://www.battleshipnewjersey.org/

A neat thing we can do on Saturday after the Battleship is go to the Philadelphia side of the river and tour the USS Olympia; Admiral Dewey's flagship from the Battle of Manila Bay in the Spanish American War.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evenin' gents!

Flo, how 'bout a plate of Chris's BBQ ribs - it's Fat Tuesday and I gotta stock up since I'll be fasting tomorrow

I just got back from visiting my friend John T., he was really happy with the track plan I drew up for his steel mill. So I guess the effort was worth the migraine I got on Sunday while I was doing it, LOL!

Phillip, if your motorcycle jacket is anything like my ski jacket, it wouldn't be 'punishment' at all - heck I could probably walk across Antarctica wearing that thing! :D I reserve it for the really bitter-cold days like we had a few weeks ago.

Tom - I remember driving past the Philadelphia Navy Yard on I-95 after the NMRA National convention and seeing my last duty station from 30 years ago, the USS Puget Sound (AD-38), sitting there boarded up; it looked like a freakin' ghost town! Sure brought back a flood of memories...
 
Well, got my Amfleets Running, they look great behind my Kato F40...and the awesome thing is the F40 is the exact number they ran here in that era. Now to debate about putting ditch lights into by Kato F40. EEK, the thought. I will add pics on the HO board as soon as I can.
 
Hi Gang! Been busy with honey-do's this week. I'm trying to get all the outside projects behind me before spring fun time with camping, fishing, etc...and of course MR. I have managed to work-in the final touches of that signal bridge. I have it installed/working and the signals all programmed in for ABS and control. I will make a separate post of it later. I have many more post type to go, but this was pain with four signal heads and 3 lights each, 4 aspect...plus I got one LED backwards and had to carefully unsolder that little devil and re-install it.:o

Carey: Get ready! You get out of jury duty once, they will call on you within a month or two. I got out of it once (job related); the next time it was duty or jail.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Well I got the frame painted, now I've got to start placing the clear styrene pieces around the framework. I'm going to post the process I went through to get the silly thing together----

RexHea The LED's are always easy for me to muck up:confused::(----but to desolder the furschlugener thing?:eek: And have it work? YEEESH!!:D:D Why are we whispering?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top