Coffee Shop 15

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning!-HAH!! I'm the first one to say this. Chris--that is nuts! :eek::eek:But to be expected I guess. No place to put people with mental health issues etc. Cops get to round them up. Sheeesh! Glad to know everyone is safe!:eek::eek::):)

I'm doing some work work at home tonight/this morning. Not going in tomorrow but this work gotta get done at some point:(:(:confused::eek:
 
02-20-2009

Good Morning ! from TIPTON IN:eek:
TIPTONDEPOT-1.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
Diner.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
waitress3.png


:confused::mad::rolleyes:
 
Good morning!-HAH!! I'm the first one to say this. Chris--that is nuts! :eek::eek:But to be expected I guess. No place to put people with mental health issues etc. Cops get to round them up. Sheeesh! Glad to know everyone is safe!:eek::eek::):)

I'm doing some work work at home tonight/this morning. Not going in tomorrow but this work gotta get done at some point:(:(:confused::eek:

Ya, the guy seemed to have a few gears missing in his head or he was tring to play me and get me to drop my guard?:either way Jacob had that guy figured out:) His vet says he's way to aggresive, I say he's right on target! Jacob is a hand full but he was the major factor in that guys mind!!!!!! As a LARGE dog attack victom.........Over 32 years have gone by and all I remember is BIG white teeth and pain! Funny thing my little Dog staied in bed asleep:mad::mad:! He didn't get any steak last night!:rolleyes:
 


Haha Jim, I won't be needing the car for a couple days anyways. I told my teachers I won't be in class tomorrow just to get some extra down time. Everything went well and I was home 3 hours after I left. There is some pain right now, but nothing unbearable. I love having high pain tolerance.

Also Happy Birthday.

I hope you feel better quick!

Ahh, I remember the old wisdom tooth episode. Had all 4 surgically removed on a Thursday, went home, popped a percocet and slept the rest of the day away. Next morning, the alarm went off, I got up and went to work. The office staff were a bit shocked when they walked in and found the boss calmy sitting at his desk, drinking coffee! :eek: They thought they were going to have an easy Friday!!! Not so!!!
Of course, the pain returned as soon as I got home, since the ex was mad at me. Mainly for going to work in the 1st place, and secondly she was still steamed for what I did at the Dentist. I woke up halfway through the procedure and started to remove the IV. So the Doc opened up the valve and gave me a big old dose to knock me back out quick. This made me really goofy when I woke back up, and evidently I told one of his assistants that I was madly in love with her and wanted to take her to a secluded beach in the Bahamas!!:eek: Yup! Right in front of the wife!!:p
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning-Snowsqualls and flurries for us today with another 2-3" of the stuff around. Tomorrow even more snow with another 6-8" on the ground. YEEESH!:(:( Temperatures will sit around -4C to -7C for highs for the next few days while lows will go to -15 to -18C and windchills of about -24C again; YEEESH!:eek::mad:

Anyhoooo-Gotta go to the office and dump some paperwork there-these guys have 'pooter but still want their paper--Sheesh--:(:confused:I'm going to a LHS to see whether I can find some thin tape for atrium frame I'm building between two DPM corner buildings and a third scratchbuilt building. They might have something of the sort BIDI:confused::(:cool::cool:

Karl-Ah-timing was a little off I see? Yeah--I also get a kick out of the name "wisdom" teeth. Where'd that come from? For teeth that tend to give pain?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning folks

It was a cold and windy 25 F as I headed off to the stress palace this morning. High today will be 36 F. The guessers are calling for some kind of precipitation for this weekend. Some say snow, some say rain, some say a mix. You have to love modern weather forecasting.

Thank the Lord it is Friday. This has been one crazy week. Work has been one constant stream of crises after another. Yesterday I walked into another full blown one that did not let up until after lunch. Since the Economic Stimulus package got signed the higher-ups have the knickers in knots and everyone is barking conflicting orders and priorities. Yes, confusion reigns supreme.

Not much happened at home. I got home from work and crashed. I think a combination of the insanity at work and the fact I am still battling this cold caught up to me. I felt better in the evening. I had to do some Cub Scout paperwork which kept me away from the trains. BTW our Cub Scout Pinewood Derby made last Sunday’s paper. Here is a link to the article: http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2009/02/15/life/doc499795d04724f150558674.txt

I am hoping for some time to rest and unwind this weekend. Other than grocery shopping there is nothing planned (that I am aware of). If I can get down to the workbench I have a Accurail boxcar to finish assembling and some cars to weather.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Here I am!

I had finals at school and a massive workload at the office. I haven't seen the light of day for a while!

Mornin'!

sct.jpg

Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. West wind between 6 and 10 mph.

Tonight: A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Calm wind becoming south southeast between 12 and 15 mph.

From the National Weather Service (sorry about the all caps......thats the way they type these things in their updates)
SNOW IS EXPECTED TO MOVE INTO CENTRAL INDIANA AFTER MIDNIGHT
TONIGHT. ACCUMULATION WILL BE AROUND AN INCH OR LESS BY DAYBREAK
SATURDAY EXCEPT FOR AREAS CLOSER TO THE ILLINOIS BORDER WHERE 1 TO
2 INCHES IS POSSIBLE.

SNOW WILL CONTINUE ON SATURDAY. ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 2
INCHES ARE POSSIBLE. WINDS WILL GUST UP TO 35 MPH ON SATURDAY
AFTERNOON AS A COLD FRONT PASSES.

Guess I won't be bike riding for a few days...............

As for Jeff, I spoke to his Mom this morning (nice lady) and she said that he's been in the hospital for a few days with cellulitus (maybe I gave it to him? Long distance!). He's doing well, they caught it early. He may be released later today, so lets hope and pray for the best!

Prayers for all!

Phillip The letters you are needing to finish your helmet are ordered but did not come in on Weds truck but should be here Fri providing the warehouse is not out of stock. I will let you know if they arrive Fri.

Cool, I was going to stop in tonight anyways to see about that!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morning everyone another day at home I don’t think I’ll be going to work this year. There’s only one job coming up and it’s at Indian Point Nuclear Plant. I’ll retire before taking that job. I don’t want to catch any rads my last year. I figure I’ll run out of cash in about 4 months so if I’m not back working by then I’ll have no other choice but to retire.

NYC_George
 
Mornin' everyone,

Finally have time to check in. I got a call from the 2nd VP of the B&O Hysterical Society yesterday afternoon, saying he had a "crisis". He took over my functions as webmaster for that organization ~18 months ago, so even though I never officially resigned, I figured my involvement with B&ORRHS was history (no pun intended). Well, not quite--it seems they [board of directors] wanted the home page redesigned as quickly as possible. So he calls me and asks me to do "a half-hour's worth" of HTML coding for him, since [by his perception] it would be quick work for somebody who has worked with HTML for a liviing. I ended up spending 4 hours yesterday evening redoing the ******* thing for him. I wouldn't have minded if I'd had some advance warning and a more accurate guesstimate of the time requirement.

Karl, you should've scheduled your dental appt for a time when your exwife was at work rather than have her waiting there like that. That laughing gas is like Truth Serum - very dangerous!:eek:

Phillip - I know that viruses can be transmitted over the 'net, but cellulitis is a bacterial infection - so you're off the hook! ;) Hope Jeff gets out of the hospital today...

George I thought you had already retired? Guess not, hope you can find something soon.

Y'all have a good'un!
 
No Ken not yet. It’s all about health care. If I work 800 hours this year the union will take care of my health care from 64 to 65 then I would go on Medicare after that. If I don’t make 800 hours then I would have to pay Cobra $7,000.00 for the year. So it’s really about $7,000.00. Projects almost always take longer than you think Ken. I think about 75% of the building we do are over schedule. Someone not estimating the time correctly.

NYC_George
 


Happy Friday guys!

I have a busy day ahead of me today. I need to email a teacher, finish a rough draft paper, retype up my resume, apply for some jobs, and I want to get SOME modeling done today. I may find a LHS to go to and pick up some supplies.
 
Hi guys. About my absence of late: I landed in the local hospital with a cellulitis infection in my right leg caused by, as my doctor says, doing heavy work (shoveling and hauling gravel) that I shouldn't be doing. I had noticed last Friday that I had ripped my foot open a little. So apparently had something else which wasted no time in making itself right at home and was halfway up my lower leg before I noticed it. Unlike others I can't feel pain in my legs until it gets above the knees. I know people who wish they could live without leg pain. I tell them to be very careful about what they wish for. They might get something they hadn't counted on.
 
Jeff: good to see you are back. Hope you get better soon.

I may go spend some more time in the train room tonight. I need to find some spray paint to paint the pink foam green and brown and what not.
 
Jeff: good to see you are back. Hope you get better soon.

I may go spend some more time in the train room tonight. I need to find some spray paint to paint the pink foam green and brown and what not.

Careful there! Most aerosol spray cans have propane and other petroluem products. They will melt foam!
I stick with water based acrylics and a big brush! And start the ground foam while its still wet!
 
Hi guys. About my absence of late: I landed in the local hospital with a cellulitis infection in my right leg caused by, as my doctor says, doing heavy work (shoveling and hauling gravel) that I shouldn't be doing. I had noticed last Friday that I had ripped my foot open a little. So apparently had something else which wasted no time in making itself right at home and was halfway up my lower leg before I noticed it. Unlike others I can't feel pain in my legs until it gets above the knees. I know people who wish they could live without leg pain. I tell them to be very careful about what they wish for. They might get something they hadn't counted on.

Jeff, I feel your pain. I had a bout with that about 3 years ago, spent 2 days in the Hospital..........bad place....food tastes like cardboard,, and the rooms are full of sick people!:rolleyes:
Take care of that leg, don't push it. Glad to see ya back!
 
Hi all!

Jeff - good to have you back. Hope you get a chance to rest awhile.

Dan, ditto to what Karl said - paint from rattle-cans usually ruins extruded foam! :eek:

Mikey - you're not alone, I'll be doing my taxes tomorrow too. Hopefully there won't be any ugly surprises; we normally get a healthy refund, but since my wife increased her work hours this Fall that may have nudged us into a higher tax bracket. I'm hoping to use part of that refund for a significant mrr investment...
 
Good evening gentlemen.

Jeffrey, I sorry to hear of your illness. I hope you heal soon.

I came home to a disaster tonight. I heard a dripping noise in the basement so I went to investigate. There was water running through the ceiling and into my closet. There was a pretty good flow of water. My first thought was that there was a broken water pipe. Then I realized that the laundry room was directly above the leak. When I went upstairs, I saw that the water hook up to the washer was spraying water against the wall!:eek: I turned the water off and ran back downstairs. The closet is used to store past tax information and other random things. Fortunately, the water was dripping in front of the boxes instead of on them. I don't think anything was ruined but the boxes for some childhood toys. At least it wasn't over the new TV! I now have tubs collecting the water that's still dripping and all of my fans on full blast. I guess I'm lucky that it's winter instead of summer. It's so dry in our townhouse that the ceiling and carpet should dry fairly fast. I just don't want mold to start growing. My landlord was perfectly calm when I called him. He said that it had happened a couple times before and not to worry too much about it. He said to give it a few weeks and then he would come and fix the ceiling. He built these units so he can fix anything fairly quickly. This was not something I was expecting to come home to. Oh well, stuff happens. I just feel bad because it was something that was preventable.

Well, I hope you all have a good night.
 
Corey you really had me going for a second there, I thought you were going to say that your layout had sustained water damage!:eek: Glad it turned out to be nothing major...
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top