So much for my plans this morning! My father called shortly after I posted. He needed me to come down and put together a power miter saw for him. That took the better part of an hour. I swear the man couldn't close an umbrella without instructions that were typed in triplicate, lost, found, sent out, queried, sent back, put on public display then buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as fire lighters before new instructions were issued. He then wanted me to set it up so it could rip sixteen foot 2x6's. I had to explain to him that that couldn't be done with that type of saw. He then described a saw he had used years ago to do that sort of thing and that it was very similar to this one. I then had to explain to him that what he had used was a radial arm saw and that this model miter saw could NOT be made to be used in that fashion. It's virtually impossible! We then spent the rest of the morning rebuilding a twenty-five plus year old home made table saw (70's era Skilsaw bolted underneath a homemade plywood table saw deck complete with 2x2x16" rip fence) that's bolted to the top of an old Steelcase office desk. We, rather I, got it working and I put a good blade on it. Some of the blade mounting hardware was missing and we had to cobble together a replacement. The blade is on as tight as I could get it. The saw has safeguards that are more than sufficient to stop a runaway blade should that occur. Still, we're both going to be standing back when the first couple 2x6's are pushed through. It may work, it may not. The blade may stop dead as a hammer when it hits the first board. But that won't be today. After that we got cleaned up a bit, collected my mother from the couch (yes she's back home holding the couch down) and we went to town for a late lunch then to a lawyers office to sign over the house to the new owners. Got back home about an hour ago and I'm completely wiped! Working on the layout or anything else for that matter is the farthest thing from my mind! I hurt all over and could care less if the walls fell down.