Coffe shop XXXIV - 9/10/12

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Good Evening

It has been a dull day here, with no rain, again. And now, a little Spring showed up and is currently headbunting me abouts the head here...lol!!:D

My day has been spent running abouts the countryside picking up gotta buys and doing gotta do's...and having a lot of hurry up and wait scenarios as well...loads of fun and games to be had here...:rolleyes::eek:
 
Had dinner at my parents place tonight. Homemade cheeseburgers and fries. Didn't get anything done on the elevator with the exception of some planning. I have some detail parts to go on it. Windows, doors, ladders, etc. Also have some parts for a truck loading building. Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1011704.jpg
 
Since I've used microsoft security essentials free anti-virus/anti-spyware on my other computers for two years with good results.....I went ahead and removed the 60 day free trial norton internet security from my new HP desktop.....and installed MSE. That all went very smoothly. Wanted to do that before the 15 day walmart return window closed.......just in case something went weird. Have four old desktops from 2005 or before....must take to computer junkyard.

Mike
 


Good Morning!!

Well, how is this you say? As you lay all cuddled up in bed and here I is all perky and alert?

This is part of the afteraffects from chemo...chemo induced insomnia is what did this....

Like a few others here I, too, had a great day though...

I have an old PII system that I still use for archival purposes...a lot of old VST's installed in a couple of ancient tracker programs...music programs that is...:D
 
Barry, you aren't the only one up at this hour! Mine is the result of shift changes and then the end of the job and trying to get my sleep schedule straightened out. Got done with the outage at the end of day shift Wednesday and still a little turned around. Started the job on days working five eights then went to nights working six elevens then back to eight hour days on day shift at the end. Sure hope the chemo works the way intended and you can get back to a normal life.
 
Good Morning!!

Well, how is this you say? As you lay all cuddled up in bed and here I is all perky and alert?

This is part of the afteraffects from chemo...chemo induced insomnia is what did this....

Like a few others here I, too, had a great day though...

I have an old PII system that I still use for archival purposes...a lot of old VST's installed in a couple of ancient tracker programs...music programs that is...:D

Barry, you aren't the only one up at this hour! Mine is the result of shift changes and then the end of the job and trying to get my sleep schedule straightened out. Got done with the outage at the end of day shift Wednesday and still a little turned around. Started the job on days working five eights then went to nights working six elevens then back to eight hour days on day shift at the end. Sure hope the chemo works the way intended and you can get back to a normal life.
My insomnia isn't work-related, except indirectly. Mine is also medically induced. Every time I have to take medicine for the migraine headaches I suffer from (don't know anybody that enjoys them), I know that night I will be getting maybe an hour's sleep somewhere during the night.
 
My insomnia isn't work-related, except indirectly. Mine is also medically induced. Every time I have to take medicine for the migraine headaches I suffer from (don't know anybody that enjoys them), I know that night I will be getting maybe an hour's sleep somewhere during the night.
I feel your pain there! Some of the meds I take cause tiredness, pain and trouble sleeping. Sometimes I only get a couple of hours a night.
 
Good morning. It's 65° with 100% humidity and areas of fog. It's mostly cloudy but should become partly cloudy later. The high should be 78°.
cond026.gif

I'm hoping to get in some work on the grain elevator today providing I don't get interrupted by a certain family member. I get some time to do something and he calls and turns my schedule upside down. That gets really annoying after a while. Looks like the motor in the AS16 is going to have to be replaced after all. It's acting like it has a weak or bad field.
Image3.jpg
 


Spent the morning working on the AS16. I fitted it with new motor mounts and a good Athearn motor and a pair of Proto trucks. I didn't have a pair of hex shafts long enough to reach from the flywheels to the worms so I made a pair of shafts that are a hybrid of the hex and spline shafts and those are working out well. They're easy to make. It just takes time. So that's got the motor and drive set. Next I'll be wiring in a Bachmann decoder.

P1011724.jpg
 
Good morning. It's 65° with 100% humidity and areas of fog. It's mostly cloudy but should become partly cloudy later. The high should be 78°.
cond026.gif

I'm hoping to get in some work on the grain elevator today providing I don't get interrupted by a certain family member. I get some time to do something and he calls and turns my schedule upside down. That gets really annoying after a while. Looks like the motor in the AS16 is going to have to be replaced after all. It's acting like it has a weak or bad field.
Image3.jpg
Jeffrey, is this photo of your own layout? I didn't realize there was this much elevation difference on it before. Looks cool!



Mike
 
That's an old photo of a layout that no longer exists, probably taken between 1998-2003. It boasted a tunnel that was over 520 scale feet long.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening. It's 68 and raining. It was 82 earlier, heading for a crisp 38 by tomorrow evening.
Some of my bent and broken body parts were screaming today, this happens when the weather is about to undergo a drastic change.
After I got everything done I absolutely had to, I came inside and amused myself by following the links in everybody's signatures. Some of y'all lead some pretty interesting lives outside of model railroading.
 
I came inside and amused myself by following the links in everybody's signatures. Some of y'all lead some pretty interesting lives outside of model railroading.
He was probably bored to tears with mine.:D


It's 54° here now heading for 49° with a small chance of an overnight shower.
cond30.jpg


Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1011725.jpg
 
Remember that commercial where the guy used someones elses Staples easy button to find his own misplaced easy button?........not supposed to do that. :D
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top