Coffe shop XXXIV - 9/10/12

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Good evening.

It's a pleasant 70 here right now. Today the parish got started on blacktopping the road out here. It's about time! They've only been promising to do it for the last thirty some odd years!

I feel much better than I did this morning and my balance is somewhat better. My knees are still a bit shaky though. I should be feeling good enough in the morning to go vote. It's looking like we have a fair chance of rain tonight. I just hope we don't get any bad storms.

No layout work today.
 
Time for me to call it a night. Got to get some important things done tomorrow.

DSCN0704.jpg
 
Good Evening

Our weather gave us what we expected. Plenty of dull dull dull dull and not much else...tomorrow the sun will show...for a few seconds....

Today was a slooooooooooowwwwww day for me. even my mall walking was slow..instead of my usual trip to Springbank Park it was a trip to the mall and a couple of easy laps around the shops...the chest pains turned out to be something I never heard of.....pulled chest muscles...must have been from lifting a few things into the closet shelves....oh joy....:eek::rolleyes:
 


hhhmmmmmpppphhh.

Good Morning

Well, still up...and have a meeting to go to later this morning...

Supposed to be partly sunny today....since we had dull dull dull dull yesterday...I am expecting two sunny periods...both 5 seconds each...one at sunrise...the other at sunset....:mad:

If'n you are doing the early morning thing..try to have a good day!!
 
Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Morning_Coffee.png


train-clipart-5.png


:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON IN
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the purpose was of getting rid of some of the stuff I no longer require/want in order to help pay for stuff already purchased previously, does that qualify as a successful model railroading day?
Sure, I'll give you that. Just sell some more later to help pay for what you got yesterday. :)




Mike
 
A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum.

There used to be an English TV comedy program of that name starring a double entendre specialist called Frankie Howard, but what happened to me today was rather unsettling, not to mention making me very angry.

As a lot of us are, we have wives/partners who barely tolerate our hobby interest/s (I have 2, Trains and Honda CRX's) and I have been receiving quite a few parcels in the post for a while now, taking advantage of the high Aussie $ while it lasts, (it won't forever) which means I've been "beating the plastic" a bit.

About 3-4 weeks ago our parcel post delivery driver changed from male to female with an assistant. Now this female deliverer would have brought 4 maybe 5 packages in that time. On friday I got a small one which she just left at the door (detailing parts from Walthers). Today (tues) I got a larger one from M.B.Klein (locos). I was up the road doing some shopping etc so my wife received and signed for it.

Boyo!!! Did I cop it when I got home. Unfortunately my wife has wide mood swings ( as she has got older has developed Bi-Polar). Turns out what this woman had said to her was "You must have the patience of an angle to put up with your husband getting all these toy train parcels" and also "I wouldn't let my husband get away with this".

After my wife had spent her spleen on me (only way to handle it) she settled into one of her non-speaking moods, which then at least gave me time to absorb and consider the implications of what had occured (vis-a vis the delivery "persons" behaviour). So after mulling it over I decided there was no way in hell I was gonna let this go nor did I want any more parcels delivered by her to me either. So up I went to the P.O. to make a complaint.

I was directed to the mail sorting depot just down the road to see the manager. By that time I had also decided to see if any parcels that were directed to me could be held at the P.O. and be notified privately when they arrived.

I'm not out to get this woman sacked 'cause jobs aren't that easy to get so after figuring out the best way to resolve the problem, the manager offered to hold parcels at the depot for me and text me when they arrive. The only thing I need to do is instruct/ask senders to include an instruction on the labeling for the delivery address to be care of the P.O. sorting centre.

Hopefully this is accepted by senders and works.
 


I'm not out to get this woman sacked 'cause jobs aren't that easy to get so after figuring out the best way to resolve the problem, the manager offered to hold parcels at the depot for me and text me when they arrive. The only thing I need to do is instruct/ask senders to include an instruction on the labeling for the delivery address to be care of the P.O. sorting centre.

Hopefully this is accepted by senders and works.

Plan B is something I had to do for a year or so when the Post Office started sending my mail back to the senders. I rented a private Post Office box. I had everything sent there, and picked it up at my convenience. It cost $30 a year for this.
 
Good morning. It's 48° with 92% humidity. It'll be mostly sunny with a high of 68°.
cond026.gif


Cool this morning and somewhat foggy. I feel a lot better than I did yesterday at this time. Good enough in fact that I can go to voting polls in an hour or two and do my duty as a citizen.

I'll need to go to Lowe's to get some inch and a quarter pipe to extend my kitchen drain line. Wouldn't hurt to get some PVC cement too.

No layout work planned for today but you never know.

DSCN0692.jpg
 
So after figuring out the best way to resolve the problem, the manager offered to hold parcels at the depot for me and text me when they arrive. The only thing I need to do is instruct/ask senders to include an instruction on the labeling for the delivery address to be care of the P.O. sorting centre.

Hopefully this is accepted by senders and works.
Toot, I hope this can work out for you. So many guys have far worse habits than hobby trains and relatively affordable small cars.



Mike
 
I hope you can resist the temptation Jeff, to go out there and chuck some wheelies or donuts in your van.:D:p
 
Toot, I hope this can work out for you. So many guys have far worse habits than hobby trains and relatively affordable small cars.



Mike

Depression can be a terrible thing, unfortunately my wife has no hobbies or interests of her own. I have tried to get her involved in something apart from sport on the TV or the pokies at the local club but without success.

I'm the sort who has to be doing something constructive and there's a certain amount of envy on her part which is unreasonable but part of the condition, which forces me to be somewhat secretive.

Gomez, we (the manager and me) looked at a P.O. box possibility, but it would have meant all of my mail would have gone there and also most of the senders require an actual address to post to. Should be OK I think.
 
Today I got a surprise in the mail. No, not an exploding box though I've received a couple that were ticking.

This was a large yellow envelope. In it I found a 1976 Fleischmann catalog for HO and N Scales and eleven Dream, Plan, Build medallions in their displays.

P1011788.jpg


P1011789.jpg
 
Today I got a surprise in the mail. No, not an exploding box though I've received a couple that were ticking.

This was a large yellow envelope. In it I found a 1976 Fleischmann catalog for HO and N Scales and eleven Dream, Plan, Build medallions in their displays.
Nice medallions Jeffrey. The countryside around your place looks attractive with all the large bristlecone pine trees there.



Mike
 


Nice medallions Jeffrey. The countryside around your place looks attractive with all the large bristlecone pine trees there.



Mike
Those are loblolly (yellow) pines. There are some white (clear) and red (turpentine) pines scattered around. I have at least three red pines in my yard. You think you've seen a yard full of trees? I have over 120 trees on half an acre! Half of those are pines.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top