CNR paint numbers

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


CNR Glen

Member
Hi This is my first post and am wondering if anyone here could help me out with a technical paint problem.

I'm looking to pick up some new paint for my CN loco (diesel)
Could anyone tell me the difference between CN Green #11 and CN Green#12
I've bought # 11 (scalecoat)before but found it a little dark. Floquil makes CN#12 and I'm wondering if its lighter or even used on the early CN diesels.
 
sig paint is good for the right on colour BUT bewate of if you make a mistake your screwed like i am distroyed my kaslo cab!!
 
How did you do that?
Anyway I found by talking to Don Lewis (the author of the Rail Canada books) That the CN green #11 is correct for a diesel of passenger car that has just been out of the paint shop. Usually the green faded in the first months out of the road and that is why you see alot of different greens out there. I Recently repainted my passenger car fleet (all 4 cars) as well as the diesel and an express reefer. I ended up mixing my own flavor of CN green using Floquil Depot olive and CN #11.
This is the fleet after painting:
2008_03300006.png
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top