Christmas card

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Zoe, what did you use for snow. It looks great, I like the little lines on the roof where the snow is devided between the rows of shingles. You dont see a detail like that very often. Most people just pile a blanket of snow across the roof. Plus the tracks from the vehicles in the snow. I love small details like those.
I used Woodland Scenics snow. I didn't wet anything first, nothing is glued down as this was just put together for the photo. I kitbashed the house from the scrap box and scratch built the roof using fine sand paper for roofing. The Woodland Scenics just clung to the sandpaper in a way that came out looking "right."
As for the tire tracks, well, it was kind of fun pushing those Classic Metal Works cars through the snow a time or two. Just one of the many ways this hobby helps keep us young;)
Thanks again for the kind words.

Jim
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top