Choosing a DCC Starter Set for Large Basement Layout

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Well I hope she does OK with the surgery. That can be a little distracting, can't it? I'd suggest you try both systems if you can lay hands on them at a LHS. What you'll get from the forums is usually a variation on the theme "I bought this and really like it". :) Few have experience on more than one system. It's your money and you are going to live with what you buy, not us, so try before you buy if you can.

Thank you for the well wishes. I intend to get a hands-on demonstration of the NCE unit the next time I visit the LHS. I will probably buy it from them at $150 even though I could save a few bucks online. I don't believe in using the LHS for info/demo and then buying it elsewhere. FWIW, I did watch a You Tude video this morning and it looks pretty easy. I would have gotten a demo the other day, but I knew I wasn't in the market yet and didn't want ot waste their time.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top