ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I have added a bunch of checklists that some of you may find helpful when planning your layouts. You can find the link by scrolling down to todays date on my main page [where I post all updates by the way]. The link is in my signature.

I hope that someone finds them helpful.
One thing I would like to see, is what kind of freight industries would be receiving and shipping. I am sure you could find it, it would just be nice to see a giant list of it.
There's a very extensive listing of what typical industries ship and receive. I don't have the URL handy right now but I'm sure a search will being it up.
Alright. That would be a big help on what kind of cars to get.
Jim, I've been searching for that exact bit of data for a project I'm working on, if you happen to have the URL somewhere, I could certainly use it. (mean while I'll keep cussing at google.

)
Got it.
http://members.aol.com/Shenware/indman.html. It's a very cool free program that lets you search on industries, railroads, material types, locations...almost anything you can imagine. You can find just about any kind of material used or shipped by any industry.
Thats a cool program, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for.
Jim, while the program is useless for me, it gave me a clue to where to find the data files, all of which I now have, thank you very much!

One thing I would like to see, is what kind of freight industries would be receiving and shipping. I am sure you could find it, it would just be nice to see a giant list of it.
Actually I don't do shipping and receiving stuff if you mean for trucks. That is why I didn't include it. As for finding it I suppose I could if I looked for it. However I only put up things that I have done, not what others have done as I do not want to get into a copyright battle with anyone sorry.
I hope the lists that I did post were helpful just the same.
Oh don't get me wrong, the information on your site is wonderful. Nice and easy to read too.
Oh don't get me wrong, the information on your site is wonderful. Nice and easy to read too.
One, I was not offended, just explaining why they are not on my list of "to do" stuff is all. I only posted lists of things I have tried or want to try is all.
And thanks for the compliment. Much a appreciated

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)