cats and model trains

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Looks like a UK layout with the kitten. I like cats, but there's no way I'd let mine get up on the layout and that close to what loks like a nice engine. Gary, that's a cute story about the husky. That's one difference between dogs and cats. Dogs will patiently wait for something to happen. A cat's attention span is about a minute tops. :)
 
"A cat's attention span is about a minute tops"

I've seen cats wait motionless in front of a gopher hole for an hour -- when they want to.
 
I think my cats have ADD. :) They will play with a bug for a few minutes and then wander off and find something else to get into. The only thing that keeps their attention is when I use the laser pointer. They'll chase that for an hour. I guess they're too well fed to worry about extra protein from a bug snack.
 


megh---'Spring' does not like train horns---little RS2 has a nice train horn---keeps little one off'n the layout---heeheehee;):)

A spray bottle full of water works too. Unless you're lucky like me and have a door on the train room that closes to keep cat-monsters and dog-monsters away from the trains.

I have a friend who also has a door to the train room.Here's one facing with a train.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2uoNC4U9Hw
 
Charles, your Maine Coon cat looks just like my Simba. He's no longer thin. :) At 24 pounds, there's no way I'd ever let him near the layout. His favorite form of recreation is tearing apart cardboard boxes.

I've found the small compressed air horns work wonders when the cats are getting into something they're not supposed to. Scares the crap out of them every time. :D

My cousin does the same thing to his cat,when the cat gets too friendly,especially when repairmen are at the house,he sounds it to discipline him from being too friendly.Every time when someone comes over,the cat is friendly toward the guests.
 


we had a cat problem untill i told him they taste just like chicken
perrrfect.png
 
that 3rd video was funny. cat was like, whoaa! the way his head went back as he stared at it.

The model railroad shop i frequent has a cat that just roams around there store. They also have there dog in there just roaming around. The cat is just to cute. She is a long haired tortois shell colored cat that is up there in age. But she is just a sweet heart when on the counter purring!

Get a pic of her when you can.
 
My cats (2 all together over a 25 year period) liked to push everything out of the way, knock stuff off the layout and curl up in the middle of the layout. They quickly became OUTSIDE cats.
 
cat horns

TRAINMAN1980,

All I have to do is roll out the vacuum cleaner and my present-day cat will evacuate the premises in a blur. He thinks Satan invented them.:eek:

A long-gone cat named 'Knave' liked to hang on my screen doors. I didn't like that since he was a big heavy dude. I began using a bicycle horn to coax him off. It was like a remote-control for cats I could use from the couch. After a few times I only had to show him the horn. :D
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top