ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
As I get closer to making my roads and highways I'm looking at the roads made by Busch. My question is how realistic are they? What I'm gonna need for my roads are a four lane (two lanes in each direction thru town) main street and some county roads.
Do any of you use this roadway and can you post pics?
I have experimented with them. They look fine from a distance. However, they biggest issue is trying to hide the seam(s).
I have finalized on using closed cell foam rubber (similar to the Busch material), that can be bought for $1 at Michaels, and then painting it with hydrocal...
I used the Busch roads on my layout. I also used the parking lot kit they have. It's easy to work with, and no painting. I think they look pretty good.