ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I found this unassembled, factory sealed Walthers United Trucking kit at an antique store for $5 and figured it would make a good first project. Pretty happy with how it came out. Since I plan to model modern times and this isn't really a trackside industry, I figured a building like this might be vacant and for sale in an older part of town.
-
20141120_020422868_iOS.jpg
71.4 KB
· Views: 327
-
20141120_020502435_iOS.jpg
81.3 KB
· Views: 378
Just one thing weather up the sign just a little bit. It has been closed and for sale for a while now. Looks great for your first project, really good job.
I have to agree with David, weather the for sale sign. It looks too new so it seems out of place. Try to hit it with a dirt color or India ink wash to dull down the colors a bit. Nice job though building and weathering this kit.
It is a very good job, first attempt or not.
Good looking building! Wow! $5.00? WOW! Great deal.
I figured the realty company, like a couple around here, has been through so many mergers and acquisitions over the last few years that they have to keep putting up new signs!
Seriously I did plan to weather it a just a little.
Looks good to me, and since it's a "For Sale" sign you could get away without weathering it. Realtors tend to keep their signage looking good.
I learned along time ago when you pickup a structure for real cheap they can easily end up being one of your best builds as your not afraid to go at it with some weathering. You did a fine job there and like was mentioned, the sign could use some toning down.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)