First, thanks guys.
Chris, I do not know of the book or the author you mentioned. I only mentioned New Mexico to see if Mike Fifer was paying attention! Actually I saw a movie the other day fillmed in NM, "The Missing." I liked the scenery. I've not really been through NM so I'm not sure that any 'next' layout would portray NM very well.
What I am thinking about is something with dramatic cliffs and canyons. As dramatic as I can make them in my small room. Still thinking.
Toot, I drew this plan up in about 15 minutes. Any new layout would be close, but not exactly to the plan. They never are. Plus, because again, I will have to build back to front because of reach issues many things will change. Even the PCM&T has the train under the trestle scene.
RR, Trust me I'm with you. This is a good one, as they all have been. Of course there is always the prospect of the ore tipple being a prize in some contest! Jim