Budget Rehab/reforesting project

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Gary B

The Fox Valley Railroad
Happy New Year everyone! Let me start the year showing off a current work in progress, rehabbing and reforesting a part of my layout. My one mountainous corner I have avoided touching as I try to bring the rest of the layout closer to completion. Well that has taken longer then I expected and the mountain has started to look shabby to me. So at close out after Christmas sales I picked up a couple of hundred of those bottle brush trees, sprayed them green and sprinkled on course turf. I followed with flat clear coat, static grass and some WS flowers. Mixing up the colors made for some variety. So I started to do an overall re-do of the area using these trees as a starting point.
The first two pics are before I started. The next are after. Note the fence, it's nails and chicken wire. Crude but I like it.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF5192 - Copy.JPG
    DSCF5192 - Copy.JPG
    573.5 KB · Views: 409
Looks good to me,and the fence looks rather capable of doing it's job.The only person you really have to please is yourself and it reads like your doing just that.:D
 


Thanks guys. By the way that radio station is an O/S Scale Plasticville item. I changed out the door to fit better with HO. I did part of the bottom of my canyon and used up another 50 trees! Pics of that to come. I've got to pick up another can of spray paint to spray some more trees.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF5196 - Copy.jpg
    DSCF5196 - Copy.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 316
Living in NJ, I have to love the Plasticville Turnpike Toll Booths.

The mountain looks much better!! I like the Noch trees. Adding trees does away with the nuclear blast zones of most Plywood Central's. That and ground cover...
 
otiscnj - Yes I wish they made the toll booths in HO. I don't thing the large scale ones would adapt as nicely to HO as the radio station did. Not to mention They're hard to find.

No Noch trees - just the Christmas village kind with course turf attached by green spray paint. I was picking the trees up at $6 for 22 trees after Christmas.
 


OK Here's my canyon area re-forested. More to do but the trees are in place. If you're wondering why the plastic shield in front of it that's because of our overly effervescent Labrador-a-saur puppy Sammy. The bottom of the canyon is only about 15 inches from the floor, and it seems model railroad landscaping material, Sammy finds delicious!
 

Attachments

  • DSCF5203.JPG
    DSCF5203.JPG
    573.4 KB · Views: 324




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top