Broadway Limited service gets A+ from me

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


StratCatGenius

New Member
Folks,

Just had to write in and say that I am very impressed with the service I received from Broadway Limited this month.

My old man received a Blueline Niagara from a hobby shop in the states, which arrived with two broken gear teeth.

Contacted BLI's service, and received immediate response. Replacement gears arrived within 2 weeks.

In process of replacing gears, some wires came off the internal PC board. Again, contacted BLI service, who replied immediately with pinout info required to repair it. Now she's running like a charm.

The product may be problematic (it's made overseas, like everything else these days), but the service gets an A+ in my books!

GENE
 
Unfortunately, I am more of a 'sender-in-for-fixums' than a savvy do-it-yerself-fer-cryin'-out-loud! guy. I have sent in, over the past five years, and having purchased at least eight different BLI/PCM engines, a total of three for repairs. The first such event was my own fault, but it only cost me the $7 return shipping accompanying my engine to them. That is sterling service, in my opinion. Turnaround to my door was precisely three weeks in 2005. Next was a Paragon Niagara where I goofed up replacing the oriented tender axles because I had removed the shell to inspect what I felt was a crappy speaker/broken one. That must have warmed the decoder a tad, because then it wouldn't work. Sent it in. Same same....$7, but this time the wait was two months. Latest was two months ago...an etailer sold me a DC "Stealth" J Class as NIB, and it probably was, but my decoder guy found it had a split gear and pronounced stagger upon start-up. This time, I sent in the item, with permission first and proof of purchase, and it was returned within three weeks. No $7.

So.....I don't know what else they can do, except really clamp down on QC. And if all the other manufacturers are having much the same issues from model run to model run, it must not really be worth their while to chase the QC problems more than they do.

Kudos to my favourite steamer supplier. :D

-Crandell
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top