look4trains
Old Fart
Hello group:
I'm in the process of wiring my around-the-wall layout for DCC. On half of it I used 14 gauge stranded bus, and on the other half 12 gauge solid (because that's what I had on hand). Feeders are 20 and 22 gauge, and I have kept them under 6" long. However, in order to make connections easier, I am soldering 16 gauge stranded to the bus then connecting to the feeders using wire nuts. So far everything is working fine, the Zephyr trips when I short the tracks. What I'm wondering is whether connecting multiple sets of feeders, mostly 2 sets for parallel tracks, to the 16 gauge "branches" is a problem? That's how I've done it in a number of cases but I don't want to have to go back and do it over. Thanks for any input.
Jim
I'm in the process of wiring my around-the-wall layout for DCC. On half of it I used 14 gauge stranded bus, and on the other half 12 gauge solid (because that's what I had on hand). Feeders are 20 and 22 gauge, and I have kept them under 6" long. However, in order to make connections easier, I am soldering 16 gauge stranded to the bus then connecting to the feeders using wire nuts. So far everything is working fine, the Zephyr trips when I short the tracks. What I'm wondering is whether connecting multiple sets of feeders, mostly 2 sets for parallel tracks, to the 16 gauge "branches" is a problem? That's how I've done it in a number of cases but I don't want to have to go back and do it over. Thanks for any input.
Jim
