D&J RailRoad
Professor of HO
I picked up my BLI Northern yesterday and put it on the tracks last night. Ran it for a few minutes to take some pictures of the great smoke action. Very impressive. I'll post a picture later.
Anyway, went back down to run it some more today. Got about three scale miles on it when it started to stammer then quit. It still had sound but became very rough in rolling. It would completely quit then run a few feet then quit again. When it was stopped I could still operate the bell and whistle but it wouldn't roll under its own power. The wheels aren't locked up as I could move it back and forth just so slightly within the constraints of the gear train lash. I didn't have any time to investigate it further as I had my grand kids here for the weekend.
Oh, the track is good and clean.
Anyway, went back down to run it some more today. Got about three scale miles on it when it started to stammer then quit. It still had sound but became very rough in rolling. It would completely quit then run a few feet then quit again. When it was stopped I could still operate the bell and whistle but it wouldn't roll under its own power. The wheels aren't locked up as I could move it back and forth just so slightly within the constraints of the gear train lash. I didn't have any time to investigate it further as I had my grand kids here for the weekend.
Oh, the track is good and clean.
Last edited by a moderator:
