Big ups for Walthers

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


bikingmike

New Member
Kia Ora peeps

A few weeks back while on a short visit to Australia from New Zealand I found a Proto2000 GP30 on special. Once I got it back home and gave it a run I found that it wasn't running properly.

A quick email to Walthers confirmed that I had a cracked axle gear; due to my location they just shipped me the replacement parts free of charge and I didn't have to send the offending items back either.

So... big thumbs up to Randy in the service dept at Walthers for a sterling job in getting my new toy sorted - a lot of other companies could learn a few lessons from this.

Regards from Aotearoa

Mike
 
Randy has helped me in the past also, lickity split no hassles.
Good to hear you're back on the rails!
 
Not only great and understanding help from afar, but you get parts and the use of a fine diesel model. Enjoy!!

-Crandell
 


Glad they come thru for you, but dont expect parts availablity for the long haul. I need handrails for my earlier run SW1200 and I wanted to purchase the newer roller bearing style AAR switcher truck side frames and they have none to sell, only enough for warrenty issues. Walthers doesnt rank very high on my list, more like the rock bottom. Glad they came thru for you though. Enjoy your engine. Mike
 
HA! I just had a great exchange with Randy as well, he stripped some missing parts off decorated Superliners for a trio of undec ones I bought that were missing a major part on the ends!
 
I think my SW's side frames need to go missing, then maybe I can get some!! LOL. If anybody has in inside track to the parts dept, I need 2 sets of rollerbearing side frames for the proto 2k SW1200. Wish they stayed with the Athearn truck style and not the Kato clone truck, I can find rollerbearing side frames for those. Mike
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top