Better check this out!!!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.




I do remember this movie. In fact, I saw the F-7, freshly repainted (have a picture somewhere) in the yard in Livingston, MT after being restored getting ready to leave for a railroad museum in Washington state. It was a simplified Northern Pacific paint scheme when it left the yard.
 
While an interesting, unusual and rather well done modeling job in itself I'll admit, I honestly don't see any purpose in buying/owning such a display item if it is the work of someone else, unless perhaps one had some actual connection with the making of the particular movie. Certainly it won't fit into most layout designs. I think that this conclusion is backed up by the fact that there was but a single bidder for the item.

Looking at this realistically, custom models of specific movie locomotives, or even movie scenes, done in miniature typically remain recognizable in hobbyists' and the public's mind only for a very short time. I've seen renditions of same from movies like Fried Green Tomatoes, The Fugitive, Runaway Train, Dark Territory and the latest film "Unstoppable" with loco 777. Even the most recent of these examples will be all but forgotten within just a few years unless the viewer is prompted. I'm afraid that such items quickly become little more than a curiosity, or an expensive paperweight, that only had any identity and value at the time of the associated movie's popularity.

NYW&B
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top