Best source for track, and code questions (HOn3)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


sajordan

New Member
Just joined the forum, so here come some questions. Sorry if you old hands have heard it all before, but..

1) For HOn3 flex track/turnouts, what code is best? Larger 70 seem to be easier to find, but how does 55 rate as far as a newbie running trains on it?
2) Where on the Internet can I find a good, reliable (in stock, or out of stock postings) source for said track/turnouts? Any particular brand to use, or steer clear of?

Thanks in advance, SAJ.
 
The only real problematic difference would be greater change of oversized wheel flanges rubbing the ties and 'spike heads' on the lower code flex track, but when you get down this small the difference is minuscule so the occurrence of that goes down greatly.
 


Thanks for the info and links

Just what I needed. I've already purchased a few turnouts from micro, just to check the web shop and sizes.
 
I have heard mixed reviews when it comes to Micro Engineering track and switches. For someone who is new to HOn3, what would be a good starting point in terms of both price and quality? Code I am not concerned with as I have seen a lot go with code 70, so thats a starting point. Now heres a kicker, if I wanted to cross over a regular HO track(s) do they make a crossing where one is regular HO an the other HOn3? Or is that either a handlaid or custom job?
 
Thats what I thought. Just wanted to be safe and ask first. Thanks.
 
Cream City Turnouts is a possible source. I just ordered a HON3 #4 Code 55 wye from them. It is the first time I ordered from them so I'm anxious to see it.
 
Cream City Turnouts is a possible source. I just ordered a HON3 #4 Code 55 wye from them. It is the first time I ordered from them so I'm anxious to see it.

I will check them out as well. Could you let me know how well it operates? Really looking for opinions from those who use different track and switches.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top