mopacbuff
Missori Pacific RR
Gents,
I am all for supporting my LHS, but the closest one to me is 25-35 minutes away (on a very good day with no snow) and leaves a bit to be desired in selection of even the most basic items (caters to toys and such).
So, tonight I found I needed some xacto blades and some styrene, so I jump on Walthers website. In just a few minutes and a few mouse clicks, I found EXACTLY what I needed, win for me. The total for the few items came to $10ish and some change, right in line with ye olde LHS. I finish the order process and shipping is $8.95, basically doubling the cost of my supplies.
I went ahead and clicked send on the order, because I need these goodies and I don't know when I'll make it to town from the farm. It is sometimes a bear for me to get to town and get what I need, I live out in the sticks, it's a pretty good trip to the LHS and it's a crapshoot whether I'll find what I need.
I in NO WAY fault Walthers for their shipping charges, they are standard (I know, I used to sell a LOT of stuff on eBay), and reasonable. I'm just wondering, other than ordering larger amounts, keeping my head out of my butt so as not to run low on supplies, and looking for sales. Is there a better way/place to order goodies online?
I'm talking basics here, styrene, blades, detail parts, etc, nothing exotic.
Again I buy at my LHS when/if I can, but a PITA is still a PITA.
Thanks
MPB
I am all for supporting my LHS, but the closest one to me is 25-35 minutes away (on a very good day with no snow) and leaves a bit to be desired in selection of even the most basic items (caters to toys and such).
So, tonight I found I needed some xacto blades and some styrene, so I jump on Walthers website. In just a few minutes and a few mouse clicks, I found EXACTLY what I needed, win for me. The total for the few items came to $10ish and some change, right in line with ye olde LHS. I finish the order process and shipping is $8.95, basically doubling the cost of my supplies.
I went ahead and clicked send on the order, because I need these goodies and I don't know when I'll make it to town from the farm. It is sometimes a bear for me to get to town and get what I need, I live out in the sticks, it's a pretty good trip to the LHS and it's a crapshoot whether I'll find what I need.
I in NO WAY fault Walthers for their shipping charges, they are standard (I know, I used to sell a LOT of stuff on eBay), and reasonable. I'm just wondering, other than ordering larger amounts, keeping my head out of my butt so as not to run low on supplies, and looking for sales. Is there a better way/place to order goodies online?
I'm talking basics here, styrene, blades, detail parts, etc, nothing exotic.
Again I buy at my LHS when/if I can, but a PITA is still a PITA.
Thanks
MPB
