AndrewC
Mostly Harmless
Mickey, would that be CMT perchance? Have you heard of the Calgary Model Railway Society? Not a club in the strictest sense but a fine organisation for getting involved in the hobby. They can help direct you to some of the other less public clubs & loose groups as well. Don't forget Supertrain is coming up in a few weeks as well.It would appear that so far the number one reason to join a club is for the knowledge. I myself do not belong to a club as of yet because of my work schedule. My schedule changes every six weeks. I have checked out a couple of clubs in my area and on the surface they appear to be okay. One club in particular impressed me the most because the layout was huge and completely freelance. I was really impressed by the person who stopped what he was doing and gave me the tour and answered all my questions. I just don't know if I can justify spending the 40 bucks a month on dues right now. Money being tight and all right now. I think that my main reason would be a bit of everything.
