ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
The last time I posted here, the layout room was in the process of getting sheetrock. Fast forward almost 5 years, and two kids later, and I am finally running.
Room is 15 x 25, freelanced Norfolk Southern (with some interchange traffic from railroads I like)
Kurt
I still have a couple things to finish up, but this is so nice to be at this spot.
Glad to see you getting back to the hobby again. You seem to have a great space for a model railroad. Keep us updated on your progress.
I never stopped working on this or being active, it just took 5 years to complete the building and layout.
Northern Pacific history enthusiast
I like your trains! Thanks for posting.
Nice looking stable you have there !!
Hey Kurt welcome back!
Layout pics look great, keep 'em coming!
Oh... and congrats on the dad thing too

Well-Known Member
Staff member
They look like DIY coal loads, not the usual Walthers double bump ones.
Kurt,
2 kids, that will keep you from having time for ANYTHING else. I'm like you working as I can but not as far along as you. I had 1 kid and some health issues keep me from the fun. Now I'm working to get back in the basement and I'm lucky I'm dragging my "helper" along. That "helper" has really slowed down the progress too.
I like what I'm seeing on your layout. Do you have a layout plan you can post? I would love to see what you have planned. The space looks great you have too.
New Papa's keep rolling!
Dave
Kurt:
Nice work man.
As info, I was scrolling down your photos and as I came to your Pic #3 of 11 trains lined up, a real funky thought popped into my head - "Think you used enough locomotives there, Butch?" You probably know which movie I tweaked that from.
DougC
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)